*** Live Football Thread 10/11 ***

Boab

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think Bordeaux will win Ligue 1 comfortably and Montpellier will drop down to 4th by the end of the season.

Lyon are such a disappointment. :anguish: They have, IMO, the best squad in the league and can't beat Boulogne and Grenoble but can defeat Real Madrid and Liverpool. I remember seeing them play Anderlecht at the start of the season and thought the league would be over by Easter.

I hope Wigan get a win.

For some odd reason, they are usually thrown in beside the likes of Stoke and Blackburn by English pundits when they're talking about styles of football, but nothing could be further from the truth.

Although Martinez hasn't had the start he'd like at Wigan (or maybe he has), they do try to get the ball down and play football. Plus they have one of the most talented strikers in the league in the shape of Hugo Rodallega.

Wigan v Liverpool on ESPN.

It's Liverpool, so it's bound to be a borefest. Really hope Wigan get at least a draw!

Forgot all about this, cheers.

C'mon Wigan, hope Liverpool don't get 4th. Hate Benitez.

Wigan: Kirkland, Caldwell, Scharner, N'Zogbia, Boyce, Moreno, Bramble, Rodallega, McCarthy. Diame, Figueroa.

Subs: Amaya, Thomas, Scotland, Moses, Gomez, Sinclair, Stojkovic.

Liverpool: Reina, Gerrard, Torres, Benayoun, Kyrgiakos, Rodriguez, Kuyt, Mascherano, Lucas, Insua, Carragher.

Subs: Cavalieri, Johnson, Aqulani, Agger, Riera, Babel, N'Gog

What was the point in Wigan signing Steve Gohouri?

Alberto Aquilani can't even get a game <cr>

What a waste of £20m.

Benitez is an idiot though. I struggle to see why the Liverpool fans continue to put up with him. Its not just the on field bore fest week in week out, it is the way he conducts himself as well. A complete arse of a man. It is gutting to see Torres at a club like that.