Neil on Allan being Number 1 or not

Boab

There is something about Alexander that I really like as he seems a great guy!

His Dion Dublinesque banger? :pipe:

No more to do with the fact he's in the back pages instead of the front and hasn't put a foot wrong since stepping in!

No more to do with the fact he's in the back pages instead of the front and hasn't put a foot wrong since stepping in!

I bet he's a midden. Never trust the quiet ones!

Getting back to the point, there should be no debate. The fact that Alexander actually thinks he'll lose the number one jersey regardless of what he does is worrying me slightly.

I know he was bought for back up and all that, but he's proved to be just as capable.

I bet he's a midden. Never trust the quiet ones!

Getting back to the point, there should be no debate. The fact that Alexander actually thinks he'll lose the number one jersey regardless of what he does is worrying me slightly.

I know he was bought for back up and all that, but he's proved to be just as capable.

So I take you loved Ricksen then! :rolleyes:

I think he worried about getting fucked over again and he has every right as he's done nothing wrong!

Neil Alexander is our best all round keeper. He's also a model professional, and a damn good man!

All I can do is make it as hard as possible for the manager and whoever he picks, then it's his choice and I've just got to get on with it.

"If he picks Allan I'll just get my head down and work hard.

"In the last two years I've played more games than I thought I would and I'm just delighted to be at a club the size of Rangers.

:clap:

Neil Alexander, Rangers No. 1!!

100% agree with that post Muff. I'll be sorely disappointed if McGregor is first choice this season. Not surprised, just disappointed.

Neil Alexander is our best all round keeper. He's also a model professional, and a damn good man!

All I can do is make it as hard as possible for the manager and whoever he picks, then it's his choice and I've just got to get on with it.

"In the last two years I've played more games than I thought I would and I'm just delighted to be at a club the size of Rangers.

100% agree with that post Muff. I'll be sorely disappointed if McGregor is first choice this season. Not surprised, just disappointed.

I'll be very dissappointed aswell. Allan McGregor isn't the keeper some make him out to be, and he makes far too many basic mistakes.

If we want to punt Shagger for any decent money, then he needs to play in big games to get his stock as high as it was. But then, Alexander hasn't put a foot wrong really.

totally right Diet..SDM has ordered it..Alexander is being treated very badly..so are fans...its all about the money...end of.

I'll be very dissappointed aswell. Allan McGregor isn't the keeper some make him out to be, and he makes far too many basic mistakes.

He wasis a good shot-stopper, but I think people think he's World class because of 'that' save against Werder Bremen. It was a World class save, don't get me wrong, but one instinctive save doesn't make him a World class keeper.

Having said that, saving a penalty against Celtc with a broken ankle? :praise: :praise: I'll never slate him after that, he was a hero (in footballing terms) that day and I will never forget it.

Overall, Alexander is the better keeper. His command of the box, cross handling (both VERY important imo) and distribution are better than McGregor's. I can't think of a single time I've thought "For God's sake Neil, a decent keeper would have saved that." If he's let in nothing basic, saved some very important shots and controls his box and distributes well, that'll do for me (tu)

by Lindsay Herron

WALTER SMITH admits he has a dilemma ahead of today's Falkirk clash in making a decision over who starts in goal.

Neil Alexander is the man in possession but Allan McGregor was the number one choice prior to his indiscretions with the Scottish national team last March and also before he was injured in the previous season when Alexander also replaced him.

Smith said: "We are in an excellent position in that we have two good goalkeepers but it's always difficult for a manager to make the decision on who plays.

"It is difficult in other areas of the field too because we have a number of players vying for positions.

"Both our boys have been excellent for us over the period they have been with us. Neil has come in towards the end of each of the last two seasons and has had to play in some very big matches and he has handled that situation.

"It's not easy to be sitting for a long spell and then get thrown in.

"So we are fortunate we have two goalkeepers and it's up to me to decide who plays."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/He...1755511,00.html

Slightly different quotes:

However, he has still to make public his decision on whether Neil Alexander or Allan McGregor will be between the sticks.

Smith added: "I've had to give a lot of thought to that because both our goalies are excellent and have shown that in games.

"It's a difficult decision that one. I haven't told themwhowill be in goal but there is nothing between them."

http://www.<No links to this website>/football/spl/...86908-21598223/

McGregor's the better goalkeeper, but Alexander is more reliable.

Alexander also hasn't done anything wrong so doesn't deserve to be dropped. He gets the goalie shirt if I'm manager.