How long is it since you bought the Rangers hating Daily Rhecord?

AlCapone

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 Years for me now, how any Rangers fan can buy that rag is beyond me. If ever a paper was for the hard of thinking.

The joy of watching their circulation go down :)

They're called the Daily h** and the Daily Ranger by tims. All OF fans think the media is against them.

But only difference is we have justifiable reasons and evidence to suggest that there is an imbalance against Rangers. It has been seen countless times in the last couple of years.

Change the use of the word 'Rangers' there to 'Celtic' and they're saying the same thing on tim forums.

Without any evidence to back it up.

They say the same about us.

And how would you know? ;)

I assume their views on their forums reflect what they say in the real world, and as such...

You're always telling us that what people say on forums don't reflect what they would say in the real world. Hypocritical bassa. :P

I'd suggest baseline views are similar. The way you talk online is different, but you're not going to have one view online and a completely different one in the real world.

I don't know anyone who does.

But that doesn't mean I'm not a hypocrite anyway :pipe:

19 Years for me now, how any Rangers fan can buy that rag is beyond me. If ever a paper was for the hard of thinking.

The joy of watching their circulation go down :)

They're called the Daily h** and the Daily Ranger by tims. All OF fans think the media is against them.

But only difference is we have justifiable reasons and evidence to suggest that there is an imbalance against Rangers. It has been seen countless times in the last couple of years.

Change the use of the word 'Rangers' there to 'Celtic' and they're saying the same thing on tim forums.

Without any evidence to back it up.

They say the same about us.

And how would you know? ;)

I assume their views on their forums reflect what they say in the real world, and as such...

You're always telling us that what people say on forums don't reflect what they would say in the real world. Hypocritical bassa. :P

I'd suggest baseline views are similar. The way you talk online is different, but you're not going to have one view online and a completely different one in the real world.

I don't know anyone who does.

But that doesn't mean I'm not a hypocrite anyway :pipe:

I'm just baiting you Dan. ;)

I know much of what both sides see as bias is really just paranoia but from what i can see the fact that there are more Celtic-supporting journalists than there is Bluenoses means that there is always going to be more pro-Celtic stories.

Natural really.

I know much of what both sides see as bias is really just paranoia but from what i can see the fact that there are more Celtic-supporting journalists than there is Bluenoses means that there is always going to be more pro-Celtic stories.

Natural really.

Eh?

Natural really.

Eh?

There are more Celtic-supporting journailists working in the Scottish tabloids than Rangers-supporting journalists. Some people will tell you that the ratio is actually pretty high, but i couldn't tell you for sure.

Natural really.

Eh?

There are more Celtic-supporting journailists working in the Scottish tabloids than Rangers-supporting journalists. Some people will tell you that the ratio is actually pretty high, but i couldn't tell you for sure.

How do you know this, is there proof of this or is it perceived wisdom?

Natural really.

Eh?

How do you know this, is there proof of this or is it perceived wisdom?

A couple of guys whom i know in the industry. There is not solid proof but i thought it was pretty well-known.

A couple of guys whom i know in the industry. There is not solid proof but i thought it was pretty well-known.

Your original quote said it was fact which was why I asked. I'd politely suggest the balance might actually be a bit more representative of the population at large.

I buy it.

All the celtic fans at my work refer to it as the Daily Ranger.

That's the thing. Rangers fans think Celtic minded people rule everything media related, and Celtic fans think Rangers minded people rule it all.

I personally think the Record is a lot of shite. When i was living with my parents, my mum would buy both The Sun and The Record. I felt The Sun was far more accurate and a lot quicker with their scoops. But I've been living with my missus now since January and I've bought the papers 2-3 times. I hate them. Some of the stories in them are nothing short of embarrassing. Not just talking about football.

Now i just watch BBC News 24 and get the Rangers Gossip from here. Makes life a lot easier.

That's the thing. Rangers fans think Celtic minded people rule everything media related, and Celtic fans think Rangers minded people rule it all.

If it's not a bit of a misnomer - who gives a fuck what sellick fans 'think'?

I buy it.

All the celtic fans at my work refer to it as the Daily Ranger.

I personally think the Record is a lot of shite. When i was living with my parents, my mum would buy both The Sun and The Record. I felt The Sun was far more accurate and a lot quicker with their scoops. But I've been living with my missus now since January and I've bought the papers 2-3 times. I hate them. Some of the stories in them are nothing short of embarrassing. Not just talking about football.

Now i just watch BBC News 24 and get the Rangers Gossip from here. Makes life a lot easier.

Most tabloid media is just basically appalling, period.

Used to buy it down here everyday just to catch up on Scottish news. Stopped about a year ago as i was getting fed up with all the one sided stories against us. Don't bother reading any Scottish news down here anymore.If i want any updates on anything now i just pick up the phone and call my dad.