Does Burley hold a grudge against Rangers ?

Jimenez

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cladwell hasnt been in the sqauds yet replaces weir! Its a joke, our country's a joke thank fuck im British and can cheer on 4 teams

At least Weir will be super sharp for Saturday & won't be to blame at all if Scotland get raped in Norway!

Bottom line is who would you rather see in goals for the next Rangers game David marshall or Neil Alexander ? so why would it be any different for Scotland ?

Bottom line? You're not even making any sense.

After calming down and reading some posts...

Marshall was garbage for the scum.... And it's true -- The 'Championship' (btw who thought up that name for the English second division?) is well overhyped. The SPL is far better than most give it credit for. Although last weeks results in Europe were a disgrace. Right McGhee?

But Burley has this all wrong. The Caldwell brothers will be just pleased they are playing together. They will not be 100% focused on the match. And with Norway having Carew.. we will lose at least 1 goal. At least pick McFadden AND Kenny. We will lose a goal.... It's guaranteed. AND we have to win.

ffs Walter & Alex took us from mid 80's in the FIFA rankings to the top 20. Burley has done what?

Bottom line is who would you rather see in goals for the next Rangers game David marshall or Neil Alexander ? so why would it be any different for Scotland ?

Sorry mate -- he makes total sense. Answer the question. Marshall or Neil for The Rangers?

But Burley has this all wrong. The Caldwell brothers will be just pleased they are playing together. They will not be 100% focused on the match. And with Norway having Carew.. we will lose at least 1 goal. At least pick McFadden AND Kenny. We will lose a goal.... It's guaranteed. AND we have to win.

Burley put out a 4-4-2 with McFadden & Miller up front in Macedonia. We lost.

People are saying that Marshall should play in front Alexander, so i take it that would mean they would prefer marshall to take alexanders place at ibrox.....

I hope that isn't to complicated for you.

Sorry mate -- he makes total sense. Answer the question. Marshall or Neil for The Rangers?

No it's a stupid question. I think Alexander would be the better choice, but Burley's chosen Marshall because he was the next in line. That's it. I'm not gonna greet about it & go mental calling Burley all the names under the sun. We all know he's a twat that shouldn't be Scotland manager, but moaning about it all day isn't gonna fix the situation.

But we should have won... At least we had our chances? So...IF Boyd plays up front v Falkirk and doesn't score... do you then keep him on the bench for the rest of the season?

We need to score in this match.

People are saying that Marshall should play in front Alexander, so i take it that would mean they would prefer marshall to take alexanders place at ibrox.....

WTF? Who said Marshall should play in front of Alexander? He IS playing in front of him. It's a done deal, not something in need of debate.

No it's a stupid question. I think Alexander would be the better choice, but Burley's chosen Marshall because he was the next in line. That's it. I'm not gonna greet about it & go mental calling Burley all the names under the sun. We all know he's a twat that shouldn't be Scotland manager, but moaning about it all day isn't gonna fix the situation.

:pipe:

WTF? Who said Marshall should play in front of Alexander? He IS playing in front of him. It's a done deal, not something in need of debate.

We were discussing if this was the right or wrong descision, some belive it is right and some believe it is wrong. I was asking those who believe he is right whether they would see Marshall in front of Alexander in goals for Rangers, i don't think i can explain it anymore without my brain bleeding.....

But we should have won... At least we had our chances? So...IF Boyd plays up front v Falkirk and doesn't score... do you then keep him on the bench for the rest of the season?

We need to score in this match.

Yeah, we maybe should have won, maybe not. We lost a goal something like 5 mins in with an arguably stronger defense than we have for the game today. McFadden had a couple of chances, but so did Macedonia. They ripped Caldwell & McAnus apart just before half time & may well have scored if Caldwell hadn't managed to block the shot.

We were discussing if this was the right or wrong descision, some belive it is right and some believe it is wrong. I was asking those who believe he is right whether they would see Marshall in front of Alexander in goals for Rangers, i don't think i can explain it anymore without my brain bleeding.....

I haven't even seen anyone saying they think it's the right decision though, so that's where we're not clicking. A few people here including myself have said *why* it's Marshall instead of Alexander, but I've not seen anyone saying that Marshall is the better option. Of course it's insane. You'd think it would be a case of fielding your best team, but this is George Burley's Scotland line-up we're talking about, not common sense & what would be the best team.

I haven't even seen anyone saying they think it's the right decision though, so that's where we're not clicking. A few people here including myself have said *why* it's Marshall instead of Alexander, but I've not seen anyone saying that Marshall is the better option. Of course it's insane. You'd think it would be a case of fielding your best team, but this is George Burley's Scotland line-up we're talking about, not common sense & what would be the best team.

Read the thread again then mate..... (tu)

Burley is beyond woeful and incompetent, but I'm not sure I can really argue with Marshall over Alexander. Alexander only played about 10+ games last season, and wasn't particularly special in any of them.

Marshall has been Cardiff #1 for a while far as I know, in a league considerably better than the SPL.

But if he had been absolutely rank rotten, he would ne nowhere near the rangers team, nowhere near the scottish squad and we wouldnt be champions. You can only ask so much of your goalie and we had to rely on alexander to come in with the biggest amount of pressure askable, which is why I think he could do that role again, for scotland... not too fussed at the end of the day, Burley has to work miracles now after undoing the good work of Walter and Eck

Big Terry has said that Burley makes 'bold' decisions. I wonder if he is making controversial decisions just so as to be seen as making a 'bold' decision for the sake of it?

We need to win this match. I cannot understand this team. The Caldwell bros are the best choice that we have? I don't mean any disrespect to them of course.. but the Manager? What is he thinking?

Alexander has proven himself at one of the biggest clubs in the world, and at one of the biggest stages in world (UEFA Cup Final)... Marshall?

EDIT: Typos :-)

Read the thread again then mate..... (tu)

Oh right, you're talking about Danny. :D

So.. who's going to win then? 2-1 for US :clap:

Marshall with a howler after 5 mins.. and we fight back. Kenny to score just before half time.. and then a (dodgy) penalty from McCormack (86 mins).

The Scottish mhedia praise Burley etc. etc. etc. etc.

EDIT: Just though I'd add.. Great debate Bears. Really good. Objective, to the point. WATP!

So.. who's going to win then? 2-1 for US :clap:

Marshall with a howler after 5 mins.. and we fight back. Kenny to score just before half time.. and then a (dodgy) penalty from McCormack (86 mins).

The Scottish mhedia praise Burley etc. etc. etc. etc.

EDIT: Just though I'd add.. Great debate Bears. Really good. Objective, to the point. WATP!

Knowing Burley, he'll be delighted if we scrape a draw after 90 mins of playing shite. A draw will mean we're not qualifying for anything other than entry into the shite football team awards, but Burley will somehow manage to find some positives to take from it. *&^%$£