Does Burley hold a grudge against Rangers ?

Jimenez

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying Weir would have made a difference tonight, but I have to admit, on reflection, his omission did the national team more harm than good.

Marshall did ok but had no chance with any of the goals.

That all said, given I currently don't care about Scotland, I am glad Naismith, Whittaker, Miller, Weir, Alexander are all happily available for their club team :)

So, by that logic, if Rangers go through a lacklustre patch / you don't like the manager / chairman / ball boys / whatever, it's fine to say 'I don't care about Rangers'?

You can pick every one of your conspiracy theories (that you list in your main post) apart, I'm afraid:

-Lee McCulloch: genuine family reasons, plus probably a bit of negative influence from his good friend Barry

-Boozegate: captain of Rangers and Scotland behaved like 'an arsehole' in his own words. It's often mentioned that Rangers players were unfairly singled out (meaning Broon escaped punishment), but Whittaker wasn't penalised.

-Kris Boyd: far too big for his boots for Rangers and Scotland. Far from all bears support his attitude. He claims he 'would have scored the Iwelumo chance' - so he's never missed a sitter in his entire career has he? What's his record like against Celtic, for example? He's no Maradona FFS!

-Steven Naismith: not established at Ibrox yet after a long injury lay-off

-Davie Weir: I would have played him but a good few bears (at least judging from comments on here) want to see him put out to pasture, so to castigate Burley for this is not quite fair.

All of the above said, as I have posted on other threads, I'm not a Burley fan, but unlike you it seems, I don't use that as an excuse to glory-hunt.

I don't think Burley is anti Rangers. He's just a terrible manager.

He has had other good players availiable yet sits them on bench. Mcfadden for example. I would sign him like a shot for us. Pacy and creative and agressive.

Then plays an attacking formation and invites goals. What a clown.

The Scotland team would be so much better if we had those Rangers players available.

If Walter Smith was still Scotland manager there is no way they would have beat us 4-0.

We beat Norway away 2-1 when Walter was in charge. Now look at us. :(

aye and we also got f*cked in the arse off Belarus under Walter so what does that matter.

Didn't Scotland beat France under Walter?

The fact is fellas you have to prepare well for games. Fail to preprare, prepare to fail. The whole boozegate thing has just taken more experiance out of the side and good players as well. Not to defend the actions of either player but stopping them playing for Scotland against is just cutting off your nose to spite your face. It's that simple. You are losing two key figures in Scottish football.

Ferguson has years and years of European football experiance behind him, he might not be close to the same player he was but he can still add something to that squad. The way it was dealt with was a joke.

He obviously doesn't have a clue what he is doing at the back. I ain't no expert on the national side but that can't be the best defence scottish football has. The guy said after the game, 'everything that could of went wrong tonight, went wrong'. Well Burley, it went wrong because you didn't prepare for it or organize your side. Instead of just accepting the defeat at 2-0, he messes about and the team ships 4. At the end of the day, the 2nd place play off place may ride on goal difference and by conceding them 4 goals, he's possibly cost your national side a place at the world cup.

He also doesn't seem to play to the team's strengths. The one thing Nigel Worthingon for N.I has done is just kept it simple and play to the team's strength. Keep it compact, tight and don't give much away, more direct passing to the front men. And he isn't even that good of a manager but he is using common sense.

At the end of the day, that's what managing does come down to, common sense and Burley is trying to make it FAR too complicated.

DougieJ away boile yeer heed in some acid!

Your no well mate. Dont come on and try and slate the rangers players ya halfwit! Boyd wasnae too big for his boots! he stated a fact he wouldnt have missed an open goal form 2 yards. You forgeting the big man more or less won the leauge title that you celebrated last season ya clown?

I'm not saying Weir would have made a difference tonight, but I have to admit, on reflection, his omission did the national team more harm than good.

Marshall did ok but had no chance with any of the goals.

That all said, given I currently don't care about Scotland, I am glad Naismith, Whittaker, Miller, Weir, Alexander are all happily available for their club team :)

So, by that logic, if Rangers go through a lacklustre patch / you don't like the manager / chairman / ball boys / whatever, it's fine to say 'I don't care about Rangers'?

You can pick every one of your conspiracy theories (that you list in your main post) apart, I'm afraid:

-Lee McCulloch: genuine family reasons, plus probably a bit of negative influence from his good friend Barry

-Boozegate: captain of Rangers and Scotland behaved like 'an arsehole' in his own words. It's often mentioned that Rangers players were unfairly singled out (meaning Broon escaped punishment), but Whittaker wasn't penalised.

-Kris Boyd: far too big for his boots for Rangers and Scotland. Far from all bears support his attitude. He claims he 'would have scored the Iwelumo chance' - so he's never missed a sitter in his entire career has he? What's his record like against Celtic, for example? He's no Maradona FFS!

-Steven Naismith: not established at Ibrox yet after a long injury lay-off

-Davie Weir: I would have played him but a good few bears (at least judging from comments on here) want to see him put out to pasture, so to castigate Burley for this is not quite fair.

All of the above said, as I have posted on other threads, I'm not a Burley fan, but unlike you it seems, I don't use that as an excuse to glory-hunt.

Listen, I'm not sure if he holds a grudge or not, but for so many players to be shunned out of the squad for whatever reason when they all played for the Scottish champions is a little worrying no ?

It doesn't stop at Burley though. Richard Gough, McCoist, Duncan Ferguson have all been treated shoddily by the SFA in the past... maybe I only notice it more 'cos it effects players in the team I support but something doesn't seem quite right with relations between Scotland's premier club and the national team.

Hasn't done since Souness' arrival.

Oh and Boyd could get a tattoo saying Scotland sucks massive penis on his forehead, he should still be picked ahead of iwelemoumou (or whatever he's fecking called)

Burley is beyond woeful and incompetent, but I'm not sure I can really argue with Marshall over Alexander. Alexander only played about 10+ games last season, and wasn't particularly special in any of them.

Marshall has been Cardiff #1 for a while far as I know, in a league considerably better than the SPL.

I disagree on both fronts.....

Alexander has more experience and overall ability than marshall will ever have.

The over hyping of the championship seems to continue on this forum unabated……

Hilarious post given Alexander's entire career including experience and ability have been nurtured in...erm...'the championship' till his move to Ibrox.

But on you go, provide another contrary point punctuated by '......' to finish it.

Yes then he raised it a massive level by going to Rangers and proving he was good enough for that level and at european level. It's not hard to be contrary when the other person is simply wrong and chooses not to answer the questions but start talking about ............instead as he has no answer.......

Burley is beyond woeful and incompetent, but I'm not sure I can really argue with Marshall over Alexander. Alexander only played about 10+ games last season, and wasn't particularly special in any of them.

Marshall has been Cardiff #1 for a while far as I know, in a league considerably better than the SPL.

Hilarious post given Alexander's entire career including experience and ability have been nurtured in...erm...'the championship' till his move to Ibrox.

But on you go, provide another contrary point punctuated by '......' to finish it.

Yes then he raised it a massive level by going to Rangers and proving he was good enough for that level and at european level. It's not hard to be contrary when the other person is simply wrong and chooses not to answer the questions but start talking about ............instead as he has no answer.......

Then I guess everyone on this forum is wrong in your view............................................................

Then I guess everyone on this forum is wrong in your view............................................................

Nope i am talking about in this instance, the point you don't seem to want to answer......each to there own

We beat Norway away 2-1 when Walter was in charge. Now look at us. :(

aye and we also got f*cked in the arse off Belarus under Walter so what does that matter.

Didn't Scotland beat France under Walter?

The fact is fellas you have to prepare well for games. Fail to preprare, prepare to fail. The whole boozegate thing has just taken more experiance out of the side and good players as well. Not to defend the actions of either player but stopping them playing for Scotland against is just cutting off your nose to spite your face. It's that simple. You are losing two key figures in Scottish football.

Ferguson has years and years of European football experiance behind him, he might not be close to the same player he was but he can still add something to that squad. The way it was dealt with was a joke.

He obviously doesn't have a clue what he is doing at the back. I ain't no expert on the national side but that can't be the best defence scottish football has. The guy said after the game, 'everything that could of went wrong tonight, went wrong'. Well Burley, it went wrong because you didn't prepare for it or organize your side. Instead of just accepting the defeat at 2-0, he messes about and the team ships 4. At the end of the day, the 2nd place play off place may ride on goal difference and by conceding them 4 goals, he's possibly cost your national side a place at the world cup.

He also doesn't seem to play to the team's strengths. The one thing Nigel Worthingon for N.I has done is just kept it simple and play to the team's strength. Keep it compact, tight and don't give much away, more direct passing to the front men. And he isn't even that good of a manager but he is using common sense.

At the end of the day, that's what managing does come down to, common sense and Burley is trying to make it FAR too complicated.

No Big Eck was the Manager of Scotland when we beat The Frogs 1-0 in Paris . Walter was the manager when we beat them 1-0 at Hampden :scot: