Does Burley hold a grudge against Rangers ?

Jimenez

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What the fuck is he thinking playing a right back centre mid?

Protecting the back four <cr>

As much as I hate that wee rodent Hartley sureley he'd a better job there ?

Burley has lost his fucking marbles!

You took that one a bit far pal....

What the fuck is he thinking playing a right back centre mid?

Protecting the back four <cr>

As much as I hate that wee rodent Hartley sureley he'd a better job there ?

Burley has lost his fucking marbles!

You took that one a bit far pal....

Sorry, had to be said I'm afraid.... I wouldn't play any holding midfielder against a bunch of rich skiers but in the absence of Thomson then that wee runt is the only option if we are to play that system. The fact Burley can't see that proves he is a dithering idiot.

Anyway, is that avatar conclusive proof that Chick Young is a Rangers man ? :ph34r::D

It really makes you think doesnt it, I dont buy this pish about davie not being mobile or not having the legs as he will starting for Rangers in the CL and wont look out of his depth.

Experience is everything at internation and CL football.

Carew is going to molest the two chuckle brothers in the centre of that defence.

The Sir David of Weir one is baffling tbh.

There aren't many players who are willing to continue playing for their country being told to take a back seat.

Burley is beyond woeful and incompetent, but I'm not sure I can really argue with Marshall over Alexander. Alexander only played about 10+ games last season, and wasn't particularly special in any of them.

Marshall has been Cardiff #1 for a while far as I know, in a league considerably better than the SPL.

Its fine by me, would rather not have big Davie or Alexander involved, less chance of them getting injured.

Burley is a shite manager, and Scotland will lose to Norway, most likely with big Carew ripping the Caldwell brothers to shreds!

There aren't many players who are willing to continue playing for their country being told to take a back seat.

Particularly when they have more than proven their fitness in the season just finished.

It's not a bounce game to test players/tactics. He needs proven internations players.

Particularly when they have more than proven their fitness in the season just finished.

It's not a bounce game to test players/tactics. He needs proven internations players.

Shockingly I again agree with Burley :(

Norway will have pacey guys up front, strong guys such as Carew. I'm not sure 98 year old ever present Weir will be up to the task tbh. He doesn't have a Bougherra to bail him out.

Burley is beyond woeful and incompetent, but I'm not sure I can really argue with Marshall over Alexander. Alexander only played about 10+ games last season, and wasn't particularly special in any of them.

Marshall has been Cardiff #1 for a while far as I know, in a league considerably better than the SPL.

Played 1 game for Cardiff,Danny.He was the regular goalie for Norwich in their last two seasons before relegation.

Norway will have pacey guys up front, strong guys such as Carew. I'm not sure 98 year old ever present Weir will be up to the task tbh. He doesn't have a Bougherra to bail him out.

So you'd pick Marshall ahead of Alexander and you reckon S.Caldwell is a better shout than Sir David of Weir ?

Away have a lie down Danny!

He's moved there recently <cr> He's been with Norwich for the last 2 seasons

You'd pick Steven Caldwell ahead of Davie Weir?

Alexander is more used to big match situations than Marshall. He is also much better at coming for crosses than him (or McGregor for that matter). This is vital tonight as Norway will be doing what Egil Olsen always does and pump high balls into Carew (which is why the Chuckle brothers won't know how to deal with him)

Marshall was in a team that were relegated from the championship last season. Alexander has been playing for a team that has won four trophies in 2 years and got to a UEFA Cup Final. it's a no brainer unless your name is George Burley

if we are beaten tonight i feel there are no escape goats this time round, there will be only one man to blame, not the players selected but the bottle in a bag manager who feels its best to field a weaker side rather than play the strongest partnership the team deserves, i could be wrong but norway may be pish in the group but this is norways last chance to even get a sniff at any qualifiers, expect a rough and tumble game

Played 1 game for Cardiff,Danny.He was the regular goalie for Norwich in their last two seasons before relegation.

Still means he was playing in a better league than the SPL though. And for more appearances.

So you'd pick Marshall ahead of Alexander and you reckon S.Caldwell is a better shout than Sir David of Weir ?

Weir is slow. Carew isn't. I don't agree on S. Caldwell specifically but Weir wouldn't be up to Carew given he has had a full pre-season with no breaks. And like I say, doesn't have Bougherra to fall back on.

You'd pick Steven Caldwell ahead of Davie Weir?

Nope.

Weir is slow. Carew isn't. I don't agree on S. Caldwell specifically but Weir wouldn't be up to Carew given he has had a full pre-season with no breaks. And like I say, doesn't have Bougherra to fall back on.

Usually I agree with you Danny but not on this occassion

I think you just ahve to ask how much stronger would the squad (and even 1st 11) look with McGregor, Ferguson, Boyd and McColloch there. I hate all the paranoia stuff but the way these 4 have reacted to Burley makes me wonder what the real issue is.