Does Burley hold a grudge against Rangers ?

Jimenez

Well... perhaps.. but this is a match where a draw is not an option? I'm beginning to think Romanov was right to get of him. After all., if it wasn't for Rudi Skacel (sp?) scoring in the first 7 matches that year.. Burley would be nowhere...

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im sure its been said

Boyd

McCulloch

Fergie

McGregor

Wier

and now Alexander, that is too many players he has singled out at one club for it to be just a coincidence.

No it's a stupid question. I think Alexander would be the better choice, but Burley's chosen Marshall because he was the next in line. That's it. I'm not gonna greet about it & go mental calling Burley all the names under the sun. We all know he's a twat that shouldn't be Scotland manager, but moaning about it all day isn't gonna fix the situation.

I am, he's a fucking mongo!

Burley does not have a grudge against Rangers..... come on guys.

The reason he picked Marshall is simply because he has been No.3 behind Gordon and Shagger for years now and never got a game, so he feels he deserves a chance.

It's a decision based on pecking order rather than ability.

I'd rather have S. Caldwell than Weir at CB, he's more athletic and has been great for Burnley last season.

Alexander at DM is worrying but we don't really have a choice. Would much prefer to see Bazza back in there or KT if he was fit. What a shame.

McCormack, Brown, Fletcher, Kommons and Miller looks strong to me.

No it's a stupid question. I think Alexander would be the better choice, but Burley's chosen Marshall because he was the next in line. That's it. I'm not gonna greet about it & go mental calling Burley all the names under the sun. We all know he's a twat that shouldn't be Scotland manager, but moaning about it all day isn't gonna fix the situation.

I am, he's a fucking mongo!

No argument on that one. :pipe:

We need a Burley cut that people can mess with in P/shop. :craphead:

Here's the team.

Marshall

Hutton G.Caldwell S.Caldwell Davidson

Commons Brown Alexander Fletcher McCormack

Miller

Can you believe this fucking no mark has been selected ahead of Weir ? Can you fucking believe it ?

And what was his reason?

He felt, at 40, Weir should step aside and give someone else a chance?! He felt this!

Davie Weir played a full season for the Scottish Champions

It's not opportunity fukin knocks.

Honestly.

Its all over the papers, Carew was too much for DW to handle in the first game, too physical & fast.

DW is 40 ffs, how can he build a team around a 40 y'old.

He picked SC because he is bigger & faster than DW & its not the SPL hes being asked to play in-its a vitally important WC Qualifier against Carew who is a top physical striker who plays in the EPL & now Olsen is in charge its the Norwegian Air Force we are playing tonight-Long Ball City.

Steven Caldwell will never be as good a defender as DW-but on the night he just might be the man to stand up to big bad John Carew.

Roll on the Scotland lovers here! this is about his dislike for rangers players!

Alexander is better than Marshall

Weir is better than caldwell

Berra is better than caldwell

Darren Barr is better than caldwell

having a one legged gough is better than caldwell

How can a fanny like caldwell come out and slag someone of John carews calibre! i for one hope he gets ripped a new arsehole

Rangers and Rangers only for me WATP FTP GSTQ

The reason he picked Marshall is simply because he has been No.3 behind Gordon and Shagger for years now and never got a game, so he feels he deserves a chance.

It's a decision based on pecking order rather than ability.

Which, if true, is a reason he should never be allowed to manage a Primary School side, never mind a full international side that has a tiny chance of reaching the World Cup....

Burley FUCKING hates us !! It isnt even a secret or hidden. Players dont respect him, they boss him around and chance their arm. Alexander should be our keeper, it should be 442 with McFadden up front with Miller . What a wee joke of a manager, good club manager SHITE international manager, no shame in that, just not what we need.

The Sir David of Weir one is baffling tbh.

There aren't many players who are willing to continue playing for their country being told to take a back seat.

Particularly when they have more than proven their fitness in the season just finished.

It's not a bounce game to test players/tactics. He needs proven internations players.

Shockingly I again agree with Burley :(

Norway will have pacey guys up front, strong guys such as Carew. I'm not sure 98 year old ever present Weir will be up to the task tbh. He doesn't have a Bougherra to bail him out.

I have to agree with Burley on the Goalkeeper and the centre half. Marshall is a good keeper, Alexander said Marshall should be in goal. Weir is almost 40 now. Come on to fuck.

Norway will have pacey guys up front, strong guys such as Carew. I'm not sure 98 year old ever present Weir will be up to the task tbh. He doesn't have a Bougherra to bail him out.

So you'd pick Marshall ahead of Alexander and you reckon S.Caldwell is a better shout than Sir David of Weir ?

Away have a lie down Danny!

Weir is slow. Carew isn't. I don't agree on S. Caldwell specifically but Weir wouldn't be up to Carew given he has had a full pre-season with no breaks. And like I say, doesn't have Bougherra to fall back on.

Usually I agree with you Danny but not on this occassion

Fair enough :)

Aren't there people on this thread forum saying Davie Weir should leave because he's too old and aint got the pace anymore??

Well I kind of trying to make that suggestion. But more so, people moaning about him not being included in the Scotland game but also moaning he is playing in too many Rangers games. It doesn;t make sense to me

That it was outragious that he was asked to play in all the pre season games even two games in a row??

And now moaning because he is being left out the Scotland team, which would only add to the too many games he has already played

Maybe davie and walter know more about our captains level of fitness than people on MB’s….

Is Stephen Caldwell, a guy who's never played anywhere near the level David Weir has that much faster, stronger and better in the air? It's a little disingenuous to keep bringing up Weir's age when there's a 37-year old playing in centre midfield...

The Sir David of Weir one is baffling tbh.

There aren't many players who are willing to continue playing for their country being told to take a back seat.

Particularly when they have more than proven their fitness in the season just finished.

It's not a bounce game to test players/tactics. He needs proven internations players.

You'd pick Steven Caldwell ahead of Davie Weir?

Nope.

So then you disagree with Burley? <cr>

Nope :)

You'll need to read between the lines to figure out what I'm getting at here.

Burley is beyond woeful and incompetent, but I'm not sure I can really argue with Marshall over Alexander. Alexander only played about 10+ games last season, and wasn't particularly special in any of them.

Marshall has been Cardiff #1 for a while far as I know, in a league considerably better than the SPL.

I disagree on both fronts.....

Alexander has more experience and overall ability than marshall will ever have.

The over hyping of the championship seems to continue on this forum unabated……

Hilarious post given Alexander's entire career including experience and ability have been nurtured in...erm...'the championship' till his move to Ibrox.

But on you go, provide another contrary point punctuated by '......' to finish it.

So you'd pick Marshall ahead of Alexander and you reckon S.Caldwell is a better shout than Sir David of Weir ?

Away have a lie down Danny!

Weir is slow. Carew isn't. I don't agree on S. Caldwell specifically but Weir wouldn't be up to Carew given he has had a full pre-season with no breaks. And like I say, doesn't have Bougherra to fall back on.

Usually I agree with you Danny but not on this occassion

Fair enough :)

Aren't there people on this thread forum saying Davie Weir should leave because he's too old and aint got the pace anymore??

That it was outragious that he was asked to play in all the pre season games even two games in a row??

And now moaning because he is being left out the Scotland team, which would only add to the too many games he has already played

Logic!? How dare you bring logic into the conversation :)

In 46 league appearances last year for Norwich, he kept 8 clean sheets in a relegated team.

Aye, but some of them were against “quality” like Birmingham and burnley…… <cr>

Birmingham and Burnley would tonk every SPL side bar the OF, and even then you'd get a match.

Championship offers much better quality than St Mirren, Falkirk and Hamilton, and anyone claiming otherwise is just being ridiculous.

Danny, you must remember that Alexander was involved in our run to the the UEFA Cup Final,

3 games - including a defeat. I recall few notable saves.

and also in Champions league,

You'll need to forgive my memory, when did Alexander play for us in the CL?

big games against celtic

Then Marshall played big games against Rangers.

and also in cup finals. What has Marshall played in?! Celtic are a much bigger team than either of Birmingham or Burnley! and playing in the pressures of Rangers shows hes up for big games as all Rangers games are big and the pressure is always on to keep a clean sheet. Compared to Marshall who was in a relagated team from the Championship! Even if he did play against the "big teams" he obviously didn't do that well if his side was relagated.

I seem to recall David Marshall was single handedly responsible for, sadly, the one single point timmy's scored away from home in the CL group stage.

He's done what McGregor did in Bremen, but he did it in the Camp Nou. Alexander's not achieved anything like this by comparison.

I'm not saying Weir would have made a difference tonight, but I have to admit, on reflection, his omission did the national team more harm than good.

Marshall did ok but had no chance with any of the goals.

That all said, given I currently don't care about Scotland, I am glad Naismith, Whittaker, Miller, Weir, Alexander are all happily available for their club team :)