Worst Ibrox Experience.

OrangeBurn

I'm unsure of which game it was, Fionentina, Osasuna, Panathaniakos or Red Star Belgrade.

Either way, it was a European game. I was sitting next to my best mate in the Broomloan Front.

And we decided to stand and sing some songs, try and create an atmosphere, which was severly lacking.

Next thing, I get a tap, to which I turn around and get a "Sit doon, fur fuck sake, ah canny see the game".

To which I replied "then stand up and create an atmosphere and sing"

Anyway, one thing led to another and I started arguing with the woman that had told me to sit down and her neddy wee daughter, Chantelle or something with the 9 fingerd ring.

Next thing I know i have a 40+ year old guy fuckin' shouting at me to sit down cause the lassies can't see, at which point my mate was already sitting down telling me to sit on my arse.

So, events unfolded and it ended up with this cunt trying to square up to me. So i have the 2 women behind me telling me to sit down cause they can't see, or young chantelle was going to "smash ma fuckin' face in", then a 40+ year old cunt wanting to fight with me aswell ... For standing on a European night trying to create an atmosphere ...

Not one person would stand up and say "for fuck sake, the boy is right, we need a better atmosphere". Even my mate was wanting to just please the wee group of people who were groaning because i wanted to stand up and sing.

Even thinking about it now, and writing about it, makes me sad. Not angry, cause if I was in the wrong then I would have sat down, it's just knowing what Ibrox used to be like and what it is now, it's a sad state of affairs.

I wish there was something that could be done about this.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm unsure of which game it was, Fionentina, Osasuna, Panathaniakos or Red Star Belgrade.

Either way, it was a European game. I was sitting next to my best mate in the Broomloan Front.

And we decided to stand and sing some songs, try and create an atmosphere, which was severly lacking.

Next thing, I get a tap, to which I turn around and get a "Sit doon, fur fuck sake, ah canny see the game".

Anyway, one thing led to another and I started arguing with the woman that had told me to sit down and her neddy wee daughter, Chantelle or something with the 9 fingerd ring.

Next thing I know i have a 40+ year old guy fuckin' shouting at me to sit down cause the lassies can't see, at which point my mate was already sitting down telling me to sit on my arse.

So, events unfolded and it ended up with this cunt trying to square up to me. So i have the 2 women behind me telling me to sit down cause they can't see, or young chantelle was going to "smash ma fuckin' face in", then a 40+ year old cunt wanting to fight with me aswell ... For standing on a European night trying to create an atmosphere ...

Not one person would stand up and say "for fuck sake, the boy is right, we need a better atmosphere". Even my mate was wanting to just please the wee group of people who were groaning because i wanted to stand up and sing.

Even thinking about it now, and writing about it, makes me sad. Not angry, cause if I was in the wrong then I would have sat down, it's just knowing what Ibrox used to be like and what it is now, it's a sad state of affairs.

Quite frankly, you are lucky you werent turfed out on your arse mate. If you have a seat you need to show respect to those behind you - sing all you want but do it from your seat.

A lot of us have been there mate.

I rarely even bother to stand up now because I know there'll be a tug on my shirt within 10 seconds if the ball is in play. Don't see what can be done apart from somehow enabling all the people who want to stand and sing etc to sit together and do their thing. That's why the various stadium fans' groups are really important and deserve all the support they can get.

Quite frankly, you are lucky you werent turfed out on your arse mate. If you have a seat you need to show respect to those behind you - sing all you want but do it from your seat.

:anguish:

I think that is disgusting.

The Lyon game when we got pumped 3-0. The players and fans didn't turn up that night. Think all of us were nervous about the night's events and it got onto the pitch.

Another one was when we got beat off Auxerre 2-0 to go out of the UEFA Cup. That was abysmal.

But the worst one I would say was when the 10IAR dream died against Kilmarnock. Never seen so many grown men cry when guys like Gough, McCoist, McCall and Durrant said goodbye for the final time. Heartbreaking stuff

Rangers 0 CSKA Moscow 0 - 21 Apr 1993.

90 minutes away from the Champions League final -absolutely gutting and can remember Gough and McCoist walking round after the

match in tears.

Aye McCoist missed three or four sitters that night. We wouldn't have got threw anyway due to the cheating French bastards

Its the sad reality of all-seater stadiums. I'd have backed you though mate :clap:

Its the sad reality of all-seater stadiums. I'd have backed you though mate :clap:

Aye, I wish there were more people like your good self at Ibrox mate

Rangers 0 CSKA Moscow 0 - 21 Apr 1993.

90 minutes away from the Champions League final -absolutely gutting and can remember Gough and McCoist walking round after the

match in tears.

Aye McCoist missed three or four sitters that night. We wouldn't have got threw anyway due to the cheating French bastards

I know,what a team we had that season,refused to be beaten

Same thing happened to me last season when we beat Celtic 1-0. Got told to sit down by a woman behind me who i had never seen before. And nobody would take my side despite me sitting there for ten years.

That was the last straw for me and one of the reasons i decided to join a Singing Section.

Same thing happened to me last season when we beat Celtic 1-0. Got told to sit down by a woman behind me who i had never seen before. And nobody would take my side despite me sitting there for ten years.

That was the last straw for me and one of the reasons i decided to join a Singing Section.

How were you able to do that mate?

I just contacted The Blue Order and asked about joining. They put me on the waiting list and luckily enough i got a seat in the section this season. (tu)

Same Happened to me at the Red star belgrade game,I was in the govan Front,& the Blue order started no surrender, as it was just getting louder around the stadium,I started singing it,& A guy next to me said do You want us to get chucked out of Europe.? I said we won't & He said do you no read the papers, And then he asked me if I was A Celtic Fan because I was Acting Like One. For SINGING A SONG HE WAS TO SCARED TO SING, Aye no Bother Pal. anyway the guy told me he would get me chucked out and then he pulled out his police badge. Shocking. What A wanker, I was ragin the whole night after that.

Why did he bother coming to the game. Idiot did nothing apart from give a commontry of what the players were doing on the park.

I just contacted The Blue Order and asked about joining. They put me on the waiting list and luckily enough i got a seat in the section this season. (tu)

You no it's bad when someone is telling u to sit down at an old firm game.

Quite recently, I think it was the AC Milan game, I shouted "FTT & The IRA" during Simply The Best only to see some ginger specky prick whos just started sitting in my section as far as I know with his 90 year old mum and dad turns and gives me the sort of "what the fuck are you doing" kind of look. I must say the ned in me came out and I just growled and gave the "come ahead" look. Didn't say anything.

Where I sit (Broomy Rear Family Section (shite)) theres me and and my wee bro and my dad, its basically me and my wee brother and one or two guys behind us that sing (my dad does his fair share of shouting) and the rest of the fucking stand is quiet, its totally brainfrying and makes you want to stop coming to games due to sheer boredom.

Same Happened to me at the Red star belgrade game,I was in the govan Front,& the Blue order started no surrender, as it was just getting louder around the stadium,I started singing it,& A guy next to me said do You want us to get chucked out of Europe.? I said we won't & He said do you no read the papers, And then he asked me if I was A Celtic Fan because I was Acting Like One. For SINGING A SONG HE WAS TO SCARED TO SING, Aye no Bother Pal. anyway the guy told me he would get me chucked out and then he pulled out his police badge. Shocking. What A wanker, I was ragin the whole night after that.

Why did he bother coming to the game. Idiot did nothing apart from give a commontry of what the players were doing on the park.

:lol:

Something should have been done! You should have been thrown out;

For acting like a Celtic fan who doesn't know what a seat is for.

For being so selfish as to block the view of people behind you.

For spoiling the game for people who wanted to watch our team.

Something should have been done! You should have been thrown out;

For acting like a Celtic fan who doesn't know what a seat is for.

For being so selfish as to block the view of people behind you.

For spoiling the game for people who wanted to watch our team.

:lol:

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Rangers in 2009.