Walter on the importance of Lee McCulloch

Boab

With Bougherra banned, Lee McCulloch is again set to fill in at the back, this time partnering Davie Weir if he proves his fitness in time.

Smith added: "We were pleased with Lee McCulloch in central defence because it was a big ask for him.

"With the smaller squad we have, he's a really important player for me now."

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/ho...ew-the-nut.html

I think every team should have a utility guy, but Lee is a worry at the back. He was passable against Stuttgart, which would have been a tough situation having to step in for Davie Weir, but I would only want him at the back in an emergency at SPL level

Dailly is a better defender than McCulloch:

1. Positionally more astute

2. More experienced

3. Quicker

4. Ability to tackle

5. Less prone to give away fouls for clumsy challenges

I'm sorry but I just can't agree. Positionally dailly is better, which you would expect seeing as he has played there a heck of a lot more than mcculloch, but his tackling is laughable at times, and for examples of giving away clumsy fouls, see kaunas.

Lee's not ideal, but I'm glad to see the back of dailly.

I think every team should have a utility guy, but Lee is a worry at the back. He was passable against Stuttgart, which would have been a tough situation having to step in for Davie Weir, but I would only want him at the back in an emergency at SPL level

I agree. People aren't giving Lee enough credit for Stuttgart, considering he's only played there 3 (?) times before in the crummy SPL.

Dailly is a better defender than McCulloch:

1. Positionally more astute

2. More experienced

3. Quicker

4. Ability to tackle

5. Less prone to give away fouls for clumsy challenges

I'm sorry but I just can't agree. Positionally dailly is better, which you would expect seeing as he has played there a heck of a lot more than mcculloch, but his tackling is laughable at times, and for examples of giving away clumsy fouls, see kaunas.

Lee's not ideal, but I'm glad to see the back of dailly.

Mate - McCulloch cant tackle. He just throws himself in uncontrollably and gives away fouls. How many tackles did McCulloch do against Stuttgart? All he could do was retreat and let the strikers advance on goal as McCulloch couldnt time a tackle to stop them. It could well have cost us on the night

And Big Lee is not just clumsy in the tackle, he gives away loads of free kicks when trying to head the ball as well.

I actually like Big Lee - he has the heart of a Ranger but lacks confidence because he's always a yard or two off the pace. I cant see him ever getting back any serious form unless he get some pace back somehow or learns to read the game alot better and quickly

I agree. People aren't giving Lee enough credit for Stuttgart, considering he's only played there 3 (?) times before in the crummy SPL.

Mate - Lee was the biggest stand out let-down against Stuttgart.

1. His passing was shakey.

2. He couldnt tackle and let the attack advance on goal unchallenged - inviting shots dangerously

3. He failed to track the strikers when they were dropping off in the 1st half.

4. He gave away numerous needless fouls when just challenging for the ball in the air

As i said, i like the guy - and think he's got a cracking shot on him - but i fear his time is past now. Being 2 yards off the pace in games is too big a handicap for him.

I wish both of the fucking donkeys were punted/released and we had got in a proper CB.

Stupid decision to start the season with only 2 proper CB's, one of whom is 39.

P.S. Walter you will never ever convince me that spending £2.5 million on that dumpling was a good decision, no matter where you play him on the park.

With Bougherra banned, Lee McCulloch is again set to fill in at the back, this time partnering Davie Weir if he proves his fitness in time.

Smith added: "We were pleased with Lee McCulloch in central defence because it was a big ask for him.

"With the smaller squad we have, he's a really important player for me now."

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/ho...ew-the-nut.html

Cheers Boab, could never have read that story without you! Ya Legend!

Lee mcolloch simply isint good enough to play in central deffence in the CL, papac should play CB with smith coming into LB, Play a 4 5 1 with Witty & Smith pushing forward in attack, davie weir is simply past it, no offence to the guy but he is too old for this level of football, berra looks a resnoable replacement in the short term but not good enough either to play for us in the long run!!!!

Without investment in the team we are doomed to fail each year in the CL, walter does the best with what he's got but we need to find fucking money from sumwhere and fast, Ive heard of our new chairmans contacts in football advertising, Why isint he now putting them to good use?

I believe kris Boyd should be given a crack at the CL this time he was our highest goal scorer last year and if our midfield is supposed to be getting forward in attach more woodnt he have the support he needs??

"Ill play for rangers as long as i can, then spend the rest of my life depressed" - Ally Mcoist - Legend !!!

post-50430-1253359468_thumb.jpg

Lee mcolloch simply isint good enough to play in central deffence in the CL, papac should play CB with smith coming into LB, Play a 4 5 1 with Witty & Smith pushing forward in attack, davie weir is simply past it, no offence to the guy but he is too old for this level of football, berra looks a resnoable replacement in the short term but not good enough either to play for us in the long run!!!!

Without investment in the team we are doomed to fail each year in the CL, walter does the best with what he's got but we need to find fucking money from sumwhere and fast, Ive heard of our new chairmans contacts in football advertising, Why isint he now putting them to good use?

Berra has moved down south now.