***The Official Rangers v Sevilla Thread***

Muff

It would help if our attackers had a brain aswell. The amount of times Rothen plays in an early ball to the front post only to see no-one making a move is appauling.

Seeing Rothen with the ball out wide and no-one in the box, Boyd, Miller, Novo and Naismith are all to blame, happens far too often. Rothen then has to try and hold onto the ball, and ends up losing it.

When you saw Rothen at both Monaco and PSG, he always looked for an early ball into the box, and he always had options. Also if no-one was in the box, then he'd have support to lay the ball off to - that's where the midfield and full back comes in.

But our attackers are being told to get out of the box and track back. And they're doing it, just doing it too much now that the box is emtpy.

What bugged me the other day is that when Rothen was on fire, there was noone near the end of it, personally i think Boyd would have thrived on what he was doing. Then come the 2nd half when Rothen wasn't on fire anymore, Boyd comes on and theres nothing at all.

Walter needs to think about that more i'd say.

Seeing Kenny Miller playing the lone role, yet 40 yards away from goal does my nut in. The amount of times Walter Smith screams at the strikers to get into the box, or stay in their position is a joke aswell - piss poor footballers with no footballing brain at all.

:anguish: That's why im dreading Tuesday in some ways, i just know Miller is going to be alone in a 4-5-1, and be nowhere near the box.

There needs to be some sort of mix between our play just now and getting the ball to the strikers. Because what we are doing now clearly isn't working.

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would help if our attackers had a brain aswell. The amount of times Rothen plays in an early ball to the front post only to see no-one making a move is appauling.

Seeing Rothen with the ball out wide and no-one in the box, Boyd, Miller, Novo and Naismith are all to blame, happens far too often. Rothen then has to try and hold onto the ball, and ends up losing it.

When you saw Rothen at both Monaco and PSG, he always looked for an early ball into the box, and he always had options. Also if no-one was in the box, then he'd have support to lay the ball off to - that's where the midfield and full back comes in.

Seeing Kenny Miller playing the lone role, yet 40 yards away from goal does my nut in. The amount of times Walter Smith screams at the strikers to get into the box, or stay in their position is a joke aswell - piss poor footballers with no footballing brain at all.

Rothen thrived on the Hoarau's front post runs, he's just not getting that with us yet.

Rothen thrived on the Hoarau's front post runs, he's just not getting that with us yet.

It'll click i reckon, he needs to fit in with the team, and the team have to get used to him.

He could be a cracking signing for us if we get him after the loan deal.

He'll be a key player tomorrow night if he plays.

There is absolutely no need for our attackers to track back the majority of the time. You see the best managers in the game going crazy when they see their strikers tracking back, unless it's under certain circumstances. Benitez was absolutely furious with Torres at Upton Park for this, as was Guardiola with Ibrahimovic in their last two matches. Walter Smith was also moaning about it at Fir Park and Rugby Park, so why don't they listen?

Nothing worse than seeing your wide men look up and not one player supporting you inside the box, especially when we play in the SPL - Champions League is slightly different as we play better teams, and find ourselves under a lot of pressure.

Another thing that annoys me is when our players see that there is no-one in the box, yet they fire it into that area anyway. The keeper comes out, under no pressure and takes it out the air....why do our players insist on doing this?

There is absolutely no need for our attackers to track back the majority of the time. You see the best managers in the game going crazy when they see their strikers tracking back, unless it's under certain circumstances. Benitez was absolutely furious with Torres at Upton Park for this, as was Guardiola with Ibrahimovic in their last two matches. Walter Smith was also moaning about it at Fir Park and Rugby Park, so why don't they listen?

Nothing worse than seeing your wide men look up and not one player supporting you inside the box, especially when we play in the SPL - Champions League is slightly different as we play better teams, and find ourselves under a lot of pressure.

Another thing that annoys me is when our players see that there is no-one in the box, yet they fire it into that area anyway. The keeper comes out, under no pressure and takes it out the air....why do our players insist on doing this?

C'mon, you're not expecting us to recycle possession, are you?! :(

Guest SandyWaTp
I reckon Walter will go;

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :weir: :bougherra: :papac:

:mcculloch:

:davis: :mendes: :thomson: :rothen:

:miller:

that's the team definitely

That will be the team, but only if Davis and Papac are passed fit.

The card displays were becoming boring. Some people struggle to hold a piece of card up, and sing at the same time doh

Let's just make as much noise as possible, and make an atmosphere that has never been made before. Glad there is no display.

i dont think you could say it was boring it looks spectacular when the players walk out of the tunnel and it made us look so much better than shitty english home supports. it just made it a proper champions league night but ah well thats down the pisser then so im just going to shout myself stupid

:mendes: :thomson:

:rothen: :davis: :beasley:

:Naismith:

That's if Davis and Papac are available. A game that Miller, Boyd and McCulloch should be nowhere near!

Liking the look of that team Muff. Hopefully Davis will be fit to play. I think you know that there's always the chance of Walter playing both Miller & McCulloch, but all we can do is hope that he's struck with a bolt of common sense. FWIW, I think there's every chance that Naismith will play in the position you have Beasley, but I like the idea of playing Beasley in this game.

That's if Davis and Papac are available. A game that Miller, Boyd and McCulloch should be nowhere near!

Liking the look of that team Muff. Hopefully Davis will be fit to play. I think you know that there's always the chance of Walter playing both Miller & McCulloch, but all we can do is hope that he's struck with a bolt of common sense. FWIW, I think there's every chance that Naismith will play in the position you have Beasley, but I like the idea of playing Beasley in this game.

bring naismith out on the left, drop beasley and play miller by himself and thats my pick

bring naismith out on the left, drop beasley and play miller by himself and thats my pick

I bet you'd have Weir & Bougherra playing in their proper positions though eh? :craphead:

I bet you'd have Weir & Bougherra playing in their proper positions though eh? :craphead:

:BELM: