The Billy Boys

Jonnyboyrfc

Its probably been posted before and i apologise if that is the case.

But i am the kind of person who hates waiting around for something to happen.

We all miss The Billy Boys as one of our most rousing anthems and people are saying well maybe they should come up with new lyrics.

Why don't we just get it done and try and think up some new lyrics ourselves and then put it to some people with a degree of authority?

Sounds pretty stupid atm and even if nothing comes of it, try and suggest some new lyrics.

What is acceptable these days?

We all miss The Billy Boys as one of our most rousing anthems and people are saying well maybe they should come up with new lyrics.

Why don't we just get it done and try and think up some new lyrics ourselves and then put it to some people with a degree of authority?

Sounds pretty stupid atm and even if nothing comes of it, try and suggest some new lyrics.

Jonnyboyrfc [added as friend]

:D

Welcome to Peoples' Popular Billy Boys Liberation Front.

The suggestion that our calling card chant be returned to the terraces by the most sensible means - changing of a few words by online fan vote, publicising by fan groups, and then an organised rendition to annouce it to the world - is of course totally spot on.

Check out my previous topics from a few months ago and you'll see i did my best, but you'll see a fair share on here are to happy to roll over to the MOPES and admit defeat. Not the Rangers Way in my opinion

:(

Check out my previous topics from a few months ago and you'll see i did my best, but you'll see a fair share on here are to happy to roll over to the MOPES and admit defeat. Not the Rangers Way in my opinion

Lol.

D'you never quit dissin' yo fellow bluies just 'coz they not agreein' wi' Papa Coist?

Pappy Coist is wrong, a'h tell yi's.

Nothing if ur a Rangers fan but everything if ur timmy

Get the blue order to come up with song sheets with the 1 word changed and instead of a card display put it on the back of the seats for the Hibs game....

What word?

Knees............change it to chest

:lol:

Jonnyboyrfc [added as friend]

:D

Welcome to Peoples' Popular Billy Boys Liberation Front.

The suggestion that our calling card chant be returned to the terraces by the most sensible means - changing of a few words by online fan vote, publicising by fan groups, and then an organised rendition to annouce it to the world - is of course totally spot on.

haha cheers im glad someone else doesn't want to let this lie. Growing up as a Rangers fan it was the song that stuck out in my mind going to Ibrox and belting it out.

Who do we talk to about getting it back? supporters groups?

But another point. is singing "feni@n blood" so much worse than singing "fuck the pope and the IRA"?

Because i don't know about you but when Simply The Best was being played as the teams ran out of the tunnel it was FTP and the IRA that was very loud and apparent. Even when i watched it on Skysports when i got home from the game it was blaringly obvious. We aren't being reported or getting fucked for it are we? I think there might have been a newspaper article but nothing came of it.

Although i do understand that if we sang the billy boys all hell would break loose.

Change f****n blood while trying to remain unpunishably offensive :lol: and they can't (but will) have any complaints

But another point. is singing "feni@n blood" so much worse than singing "fuck the pope and the IRA"?

Because i don't know about you but when Simply The Best was being played as the teams ran out of the tunnel it was FTP and the IRA that was very loud and apparent. Even when i watched it on Skysports when i got home from the game it was blaringly obvious. We aren't being reported or getting fucked for it are we? I think there might have been a newspaper article but nothing came of it.

Although i do understand that if we sang the billy boys all hell would break loose.

Change f****n blood while trying to remain unpunishably offensive :lol: and they can't (but will) have any complaints

Tim on jogathy :rolleyes::sherlock:

whittttttt? <cr>

whittttttt? <cr>

"We aren't being reported or getting fucked for it are we " :anguish:

whittttttt? <cr>

and....... i wouldn't be fucking surprised knowing all those pricks

whats the crack with tim on jogathy?

whittttttt? <cr>

Gaelic for "nevermind the bollocks" !!!

whittttttt? <cr>

Gaelic for "nevermind the bollocks" !!!

cause i thought you were calling me a tim for a second there ;)