Hutton

Bobby83

I cant believe he's not a regular at spurs especially when you consider there defence is particularly great or fit for that matter!!

Definately a beeter right back than Corluka.

Id have him back in a second but like the lads have said, money talks!!

I cant believe he's not a regular at spurs especially when you consider there defence is particularly great or fit for that matter!!

Hutton isn't in the Spurs team because he's been horrific when he has been given the chance.

He's looking like the player he was before his renaissance towards the end of the 06/07 season.

hutton improved dramatically within a couple of seasons so who knows it could happen to any one of our young players. Who though? its impossible to tell.

i used to think hutton was distinctly average and then he just started running the show.

hope that happens to someone else soon ;)

Hutton isn't in the Spurs team because he's been horrific when he has been given the chance.

He's looking like the player he was before his renaissance towards the end of the 06/07 season.

So you think that he was just playing above himself at those times, and this is perhaps the real/original Hutton we're seeing in the EPL now?

So you think that he was just playing above himself at those times, and this is perhaps the real/original Hutton we're seeing in the EPL now?

No I think what we are seeing is that Hutton is a player who needs the preverbial arm around the shoulder.

Redknapp isn't giving him that, and although Walter would, I don't think we could afford him.

I would like to see us sign a right back, but I don't think it will be Hutton for financial reasons.

Hutton's being 'ruined' by being asked to play as an out and out right-sided defender, instead of his favoured wingback role.

If he'd been playing for say, Chelsea, then Ancelotti's preference to have his wingbacks high up the park would suit Hutton down to a tee.

Sadly, no team in the world will ever have two wingers, so Hutton and Aaron Lennon don't really match.

All this and, of course, the fact that Vedran Corluka is abso-fucking-lutely brilliant and wholly underrated.

corluka is an out and out defender, defend first at all time, where hutton is a good defender he excells when given a licence to bomb forward. in scotland he could get away with that as most teams don't leave too many attackers up front, but in the premiership anyone caught out of position normally gets punished

he will be on to much money to come back to us now, plus it would cost us a fortune I think spurs would want to make at least half of the 9 million they paid us for him

Do they still not owe us money as they were paying in installments???

Id hardly say he's been shocking when he's played. Bit harsh Id say particularly when hes in and out alot

And Corluka might be a good player but he is definately not brilliant and is not under-rated.

That sentance is a contradiction in itself.

Corluka is brilliant, and the fact that you don't think so means he IS underrated.

He's not the fastest player about, but everything else in his locker is tip-top.

as someone else said ... I heard that Sunderland have been looking at him.

We can't afford to pay Boyd his £12k wages, where would the £30k come from to pay Hutton what he is currently getting.

I see why Harry Redknapp prefers Vedran Corluka - he's by far the better defender, so he's not ruining Hutton at all, especially since it was Juande Ramos who brought him to the club.

I don't like to see any ex-player/manager brought back, and Alan Hutton is exactly the same.

Although, we are crying out for a good right back, as Steven Whittaker is simply not good enough.