Hutton

Bobby83

I still think Moutaouakil from Motherwell would be a very shrewd signing.

I'd like to see him do it consistantly over the course of a season, before thinking about him. Look's a decent player tho.

Hutton's being 'ruined' by being asked to play as an out and out right-sided defender, instead of his favoured wingback role.

If he'd been playing for say, Chelsea, then Ancelotti's preference to have his wingbacks high up the park would suit Hutton down to a tee.

Sadly, no team in the world will ever have two wingers, so Hutton and Aaron Lennon don't really match.

All this and, of course, the fact that Vedran Corluka is abso-fucking-lutely brilliant and wholly underrated.

Exactly. Hutton needs to defend since Lennon will hardly track back. And that isn't his strong point, attacking is.

Corluka is a far superior defender than Hutton and Redknapp obviously prefers having protection at RB so Lennon can thrive.

Hutton's not a favourite of Reknapp's, simple as.

Under Ramos, Hutton was first choice and Corlucka was covering the centre-half role for the injured Dawson and King. With the arrival of Redknapp and the return to fitness of Dawson, plus Hutton's foot surgery which kept him out for quite some time, Corluka took over the right-back slot and has made it his own with some excellent performances. So much so that it would be irrational to drop him.

I've got a few mates who are Yids (Tottenham fans) and that's their call on it, but you can grasp it for yourself by looking at the situation.

They love him, but have mentioned quite a few times that he's often exposed through his forward runs, other sides catching him out of position. They also commented on his tackling, seem to think that he's more of a lunger. Going forward, though, he's brilliant.

From what I've heard, we could get him back on the cheap because Spurs, apparently, owe us half of the transfer fee. Then again, that claim comes up with nine out of ten transfers.

For the record, I'd have him back in a second.

they may owe us half the money but i bet the banks have that debt spent allready so not really relevant as it is still money we dont have

also dont think he is what he was and it may be a backward step for both parties

think he was a product of leguen's training fitness regime

even charlie adam looked a player the season after leguen left but soon became mediocre under current management

So if I dont think someone is brilliant then they are under-rated!?!?!?

Not at all mate.

I just don't think he gets the plaudits he deserves (Corluka, that is).

All about opinions though, everything I posted there was 'IMO' (tu)

I see why Harry Redknapp prefers Vedran Corluka - he's by far the better defender, so he's not ruining Hutton at all, especially since it was Juande Ramos who brought him to the club.

I don't like to see any ex-player/manager brought back, and Alan Hutton is exactly the same.

Although, we are crying out for a good right back, as Steven Whittaker is simply not good enough.

Ruining him may have been a bit harsh, but he's doing Hutton no favours whatsoever by asking him to stay back for 90% of the game.

But we agree that Corluka is a superb player, and that's Hutton's main issue at the mo.

Shame for the national team that his career has been ruined to.

Playing for that shower will ruin him, especially under the dream team of Burley, and Hegarty :lol:

Hes not been horrific at all

Interesting fact, Per game Hutton actually drew the second most fouls in the league last season, even more than Ronaldo. Beaten only by Arteta.

Dont talk shit.

hutton was my favorite player at that time but he is gone and we cant afford him and dont know if he would want to come back after being forced out the door so just move on , but whittaker and broadfoot are not the answer so we need to find a new right back, was hoping mcmillan would be the answer but don't know what has happened since his injury at hamilton. Anyway with all these constant hutton threads, there should be generic thread like there is for boyd.