Walter mentions the younger players/in regards to Dundee

Boab

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive only seen Wilson playing once during the summer for Scotland under 19s against England's and he got bullied by their strikers and had two mistakes which cost Scotland 2 goals.

I wouldn't trust him playing for us in the SPL, he's lightweight and slow and would get clattered about by most SPL strikers. He's a centre-back he really shouldnt be near the team until he's atleast 19. Ideally we should loan him out to a 1st or 2nd, maybe even 3rd Division team so that he can experience high pressure games against 15 stone strikers who are going to try and run him ragged instead of plodding against 16, 17, 18-year-old boys in the under 19's.

Ive only seen Wilson playing once during the summer for Scotland under 19s against England's and he got bullied by their strikers and had two mistakes which cost Scotland 2 goals.

I wouldn't trust him playing for us in the SPL, he's lightweight and slow and would get clattered about by most SPL strikers. He's a centre-back he really shouldnt be near the team until he's atleast 19. Ideally we should loan him out to a 1st or 2nd, maybe even 3rd Division team so that he can experience high pressure games against 15 stone strikers who are going to try and run him ragged instead of plodding against 16, 17, 18-year-old boys in the under 19's.

I saw that game. Don't think it was Wilson's fault for the goals, it was the other central defender.

I wouldn't trust him playing for us in the SPL, he's lightweight and slow and would get clattered about by most SPL strikers. He's a centre-back he really shouldnt be near the team until he's atleast 19.

Himself and Perry were the reason Scotland didn't conceed much more than they did.

I thought he looked very poor in that game, he passed the ball right to the England striker inside the box and then slipped and allowed him to tap it in the net and the other goals they cut the ball back and he missed it and allowed a tap in. That was only 17/18 year old players from English clubs Reserves. Guys like Kyle, Mehmet, Dargo, Riordan, Stokes or most SPL strikers would target him and bully him he's nowhere near ready for first-team football at Rangers.

If anything he should get the odd appearance at left-back where mistakes can be covered but ideall he should go out on loan to a lower Division team to get a taste of big 15 stpne strikers pushing and pulling him about.

I wouldn't trust him playing for us in the SPL, he's lightweight and slow and would get clattered about by most SPL strikers. He's a centre-back he really shouldnt be near the team until he's atleast 19.

Himself and Perry were the reason Scotland didn't conceed much more than they did.

I thought he looked very poor in that game, he passed the ball right to the England striker inside the box and then slipped and allowed him to tap it in the net and the other goals they cut the ball back and he missed it and allowed a tap in. That was only 17/18 year old players from English clubs Reserves. Guys like Kyle, Mehmet, Dargo, Riordan, Stokes or most SPL strikers would target him and bully him he's nowhere near ready for first-team football at Rangers.

If anything he should get the odd appearance at left-back where mistakes can be covered but ideall he should go out on loan to a lower Division team to get a taste of big 15 stpne strikers pushing and pulling him about.

Those 17/18 year old players from English clubs Reserves are the future of English football.

And I disagree with you anyway. Both had good games.

Did he fuck up for a goal? I didnt watch it

Those 17/18 year old players from English clubs Reserves are the future of English football.

And I disagree with you anyway. Both had good games.

Did he fuck up for a goal? I didnt watch it

Aye it was ages ago in July or something I can hardly remember it but I remember the two goals I would have blamed him for. The first one was a cut-back from the left and he never tracked the runner and let him nick in for a tap-in. The second was a bit of a howler, he passed the ball to the England striker inside the box, slipped over and it was wide open for them to tap in the net. Scotland got outclassed, England dominated from start to finish and won 3-1 I think.

Fleck worries me with the really poor choices he makes when he has the ball, three times yesterday he chose 30 yard pointless potshots when he had a pass on to one of his team mates.......

This natural position stuff is an excuse for him

Actually that impressed me - he wasnt scared by the occasion - he had the balls to try his luck and trusting his ability knowing what the reaction would be if it didn't come off

I want more guys with that sort of confidence

Aye it was ages ago in July or something I can hardly remember it but I remember the two goals I would have blamed him for. The first one was a cut-back from the left and he never tracked the runner and let him nick in for a tap-in. The second was a bit of a howler, he passed the ball to the England striker inside the box, slipped over and it was wide open for them to tap in the net. Scotland got outclassed, England dominated from start to finish and won 3-1 I think.

England did not dominate that game from start to finish. :blink: We were actually very much in it and knocked the ball around well.

Five Rangers players started the game. :) Finished 2-1.

Now you say that Kev I do remember Scotland keeping possession quite well at times but England were a step ahead in every position, they were probably more experienced at playing against a higher level of opposition and were quicker and bigger than us. Maybe I was being unfair on Wilson as the striker Ranger who played has been playing games for Newcastle this season.

Now you say that Kev I do remember Scotland keeping possession quite well at times but England were a step ahead in every position, they were probably more experienced at playing against a higher level of opposition and were quicker and bigger than us. Maybe I was being unfair on Wilson as the striker Ranger who played has been playing games for Newcastle this season.

(tu)

England were the better team admittedly though, overpowered us in the end.

Official text: 17 year old defender Danny Wilson to make competitive debut against Dundee. Walter Smith admits other youngsters could join him in the team.

Good news...should have played against QOTS as well

Agreed.