Fernando Ricksen

Mad Dog

I was thinking about Fernando Ricksen last night and i wanted to share some opinions on him i thought that he only really had one great season - when he was off the drink and the captain of the team in 2004/2005 but before and since i thought he was one of the most overrated players we had his old firm debut is a prime example when he was taken off after 20 minutes cos Bobby Petta ran rings arounds him.

I was thinking about Fernando Ricksen last night and i wanted to share some opinions on him i thought that he only really had one great season - when he was off the drink and the captain of the team in 2004/2005 but before and since i thought he was one of the most overrated players we had his old firm debut is a prime example when he was taken off after 20 minutes cos Bobby Petta ran rings arounds him.

I thought he could have been a great player for us - he showed it in glimpses ie the freekicks against the sheep but I think it was the right decision to let him go as he was a dafty! I dont know if you've seen the fight he had the other week with one of his own team.

Yeah i saw it mate i also read in the paper that hes getting regular injections to keep him off the booze but whether its true or not remains to be seen

I think the reason he had that one good season for us wasn't because he was off the drink. I think it's because he knew his contract was up and he had somewhere inbetween little or no chance of getting a new deal or a deal with the kind of money he was on anywhere else. Every player who has a decent season in Scotland is rewarded with a new deal thats better financially and thats exactly what heppened, we paid him ridicilous wages to fend of "supposed" Premiership interest. In his defence however he was superb that season!

If you are dreaming about Fernando, I think you need some therapy!!!!! Seriously though - another player that "might have been" only if he has screwed the nut for more than one season. Now how many others like that have there been?

Guest orangpendek

enough ability to make it as a netherlands international, not enough sense to make a go of it in the ayrshire juniors.

I think he never got over losing the captincy.

However i think everyone is missing out an important point! After winning the league in 2003 he unleashed a scathing barrage of abuse through alan thompsons letter box! In my eyes he should have a bronze statue outside ibrox in his honour for getting it up that cnut! :D(tu) :king:

His form whilst Captain obviously showed he could play, and what a player he COULD be.

Unfortunatly his attitude to life in general was disappointing to say the least.

I'm not comparing him to the likes of Maradonna, but why are the giffted people always crack pots!

Maradonna, Cantonna, Gazza...

Yep, im another that never rated him. Hated his attitude towards teammates and RFC.

He loved RFC !!

No he didn't.

If he did he would have acted responsibly during his time here and not marred the reputation of the club.

However i think everyone is missing out an important point! After winning the league in 2003 he unleashed a scathing barrage of abuse through alan thompsons letter box! In my eyes he should have a bronze statue outside ibrox in his honour for getting it up that cnut! :D(tu) :king:

One of him wearing a rangers strip or one of him with a bottle of lager in his hand :craphead:

One of him wearing a rangers strip or one of him with a bottle of lager in his hand :craphead:

Either is good my friend!

Much better full back than Hutton is currently - possibly could have offered more going forward but bar the Petta game rarely put a foot wrong defensively (header)

Thought he was a very poor full back, always turned his back if opponent went to cross the ball, always ducked when a cross came in his direction. Will never forget the first time I saw him in a friendly against Leeds when Jason Wilcox- JASON WILCOX !!! turned him inside out time and time again.

He had a good half season in midfield but that was it. I feel he is a converted winger more suited to play as a wing back rather than a full back, no great loss.