***The Official Football Manager 2010 Thread***

disgruntled_bear

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a fantastic start to my season with my 4-2-4 formation, average 4 goals a game, qualified out of a Champions League group consisting of Seville, Marsielle and Urinea.

But after Christmas it kinda went sour, and lost a few games which I shouldn't have. Got knocked out of the League Cup in the semi final stage to Hearts :anguish:! Then got knocked out of the Champions League 11-1 on agg to Chelsea.

A slump saw Celtic get back into the title race, and approached the last game of the season against Celtic at Parkhead, I had to win to win the title.

39th minute, Naismith gets past Naylor on the right, swings a cross in Lafferty heads it down and NOVO smashes it into the corner of the net. 1-0 YAAAAAAAS!

Celtic got one back through Marc Crosas a minute later. :anguish:

As the game went on in the second half both goalies were in tremendous form, and I was nearly in tears and :anguish: thinking how I managed to throw away a one 11 point gap to being 1 point behind.

94th minute. Kevin Thomson played it wide to Steven Naismith, who crossed the ball but it was headed away it was picked up 25 yards from goal and KYLE LAFFERTY (his first game back from a 7 month lay off from a broken leg) skinned a defender charged into the box and slotted it past Boruc.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS! I went fucking mental.

Then a week later I humped Celtic 4-1 in the Scottish Cup final.

:uk::21:

I've yet to play a game at any club where I get bought over :(

I'm sure I came close to one in FM2008 with Morton, but the takeover went on for a full season. I couldn't sign anyone.

Second season of my AC Milan save.. First season, won Serie A, finished runners up in the Italian cup and got to the quarter final of the Champions league. Was given something like 70 million to spend in the summer, brought in a few players, won a pre-season tournament and the Italian super cup so far.

My team..

(The right back is Gregory van der Weil, and the left center back is Heiko Westermann)

2dkg5jn.png

Subs are..

Marco Boriello (ST)

Clarence Seedorf (AMC)

Steffen Hoffman (AMR/C)

Sedyou Keita (DM, MLC)

Gennaro Gattuso (DM, MRC)

Mathieu Flamini (RB, DM, MRC)

Oguchi Onyewu (DC)

Backup players..

Christian Abiatti (GK)

Daniele Bonera (DRC)

Jose Goncalves (DLC) (:lol: He cost me like 2 mil)

Gianluca Zambrotta (D/WB RL)

Marek Jankulovski (D/WB L)

José Francisco Torres (DM, MRC)

Andrea Morandi (AM LC - 16 year old from my youth academy. Scouts think he'll be better than Ronaldinho)

Gergely Rudolf (FC)

Gianmarco Zigoni (ST)

Kun Aguero is amazing. Played 3 games this season in Serie A, scored 4 goals in each game. My attacking force is scary. :drool:

I'm trying to build a team that'll last for at least five years. I know that AC Milan are usually full of old players, so I'm keeping a few (Ambrosini, Ronaldinho) and trying to have a sort of balance. The majority of the older players are used as backup players for me. Sold the likes of Pirlo (31) for a good profit. :)

Put all his stats to 1 apart from patience which is 11, ambition is 20. Put both the board and fan confidence to 1 and put Rangers as his disliked club, when you start a new game and select the database with the edited chairman stats his chairman status should be 'will listen to offers' (tu)

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Put all his stats to 1 apart from patience which is 11, ambition is 20. Put both the board and fan confidence to 1 and put Rangers as his disliked club, when you start a new game and select the database with the edited chairman stats his chairman status should be 'will listen to offers' (tu)

This is in the editor btw (tu)

2zok6xk.png

Half way through my second season.. only saved/reload once - I won the game vs Catania, but Aguero got injured for 7 months.. I thought fuck that. :lol:

In the cup I've got Juventus in the quarter final, won the super cup at the start of the season and a pre season tournament, and in the champions league I drew Liverpool. Group stages in the champions league, finished with 18 points, Valencia 2nd, then Olympiakos and Dinamo Kiev as 3rd/4th.

A few stats of my players :

Aguero - 27 apps - 24 goals - 18 assists.

Huntelaar - 27 apps - 19 goals - 9 assists.

Pato - 22 apps - 18 goals - 12 assists.

Ronaldinho - 20(7) apps - 4 goals - 9 assists.

Gourcuff - 26 (1) apps - 4 goals - 14 assists.

And also, my CB Westermann has scored 8 goals. :lol:

Really enjoying this season, Aguero was worth the 52 million. Didn't buy anybody in January, and in the summer depending on my budget (I was given like 80 mil last season) I plan on going for Fabregas as a replacement for Ronaldinho, and Sergio Busquets (his stats are good) for my holding midfielder role.

2dkg5jn.png

That's my team more often than not, but Gattuso tends to play more now than Ambrosini, with Sedyou Keita filling in now and then as well. :blush:

I did all of the above and it back fired on me big time. All that happened was AJ stepped aside and John Greig took over and i received a message from the board thanking me for my patience during this difficult and stressful period but unfortunately their will be no added funds given to me. Greedy Bastards :(

Still trying to get a modified 4-2-3-1 to work well in the game.

Got a deep lying all around forward in Drogba, supported by 3 AMC's, one holding the plug behind the forward with the other two acting almost as strikers. Two midfielders behind them in the middle, one slightly more DM, covering the back two, the other playing a playmaker, link up role between attack and defence and ofc the wingbacks bombing forward to provide crosses in.

I'm still questioning whether or not to play it very rigid and let the wing-backs be as creative as possible along with the playmaker in CM, or to keep it flowing. With Chelsea it would work being flowing, but I'm trying to adapt it into an all around general tactic.

Obviously, it can be adapted to play into a 4-5-1 'v' shaped midfield, with much more defence and counter-attack for big games or the last 10 mins, but it's mostly in the attacking side that it seems to screw up.

Any tips?

Where do I find the editor?

C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/Tools/Editor

Im confused. :blush:

What do I need to do now iv got the editor open?

Load up a database, then use the search options.

Still trying to get a modified 4-2-3-1 to work well in the game.

Got a deep lying all around forward in Drogba, supported by 3 AMC's, one holding the plug behind the forward with the other two acting almost as strikers. Two midfielders behind them in the middle, one slightly more DM, covering the back two, the other playing a playmaker, link up role between attack and defence and ofc the wingbacks bombing forward to provide crosses in.

I'm still questioning whether or not to play it very rigid and let the wing-backs be as creative as possible along with the playmaker in CM, or to keep it flowing. With Chelsea it would work being flowing, but I'm trying to adapt it into an all around general tactic.

Obviously, it can be adapted to play into a 4-5-1 'v' shaped midfield, with much more defence and counter-attack for big games or the last 10 mins, but it's mostly in the attacking side that it seems to screw up.

Any tips?

I fim reading that correctly then thats the system i use sometimes changing to 2 strikers against smaller sides that i should beat comfertably .

i assume your playing this formation:

-----------GK---------------

RB-----CB-----CB---------LB

-------DM---CM-------------

RW-------AM------------LW

---------CF-------------

?

i use it and get on very well with it , just started a Standard Liege game , cheated though and gave them a £500M bank balance , shame i didnt change the reputation though , cant attract players good enough to improve the side although i still ahve Witsel,Defour, M'bokani,Bolat and pocognolli :D