PS3 help

jamd1986

Alright guys, started having a bit of ps3 trouble.

I've been playing Fifa and all of a sudden the game keeps freezing when it needs to load (e.g. HT and FT, and between menus in manager mode). Prior to the game freezing at HT and FT I usually loss crowd noise and the commentary as well. The disc sounds like its struggling to load when it crashes and it seems to occur when I've been playing for around 15mins. At first I though it was the FIFA disc, but I tried putting Infamous on too and it wouldn't load either.

I've never had any problems with my ps3 in the past, and its just coming up on being two-years old.

Having read around a few sites on the net I was lead to believe it may have been an overheating problem or my system software was out of date. I've let the system cool, let the fan run for 30secs and even found out I didn't have the most up to date system sofeware (which I subsequently installed), but having stuck FIFA on again for 10mins there the same thing has happened again.

Does anyone have any ideas what may be up with it? I really don't want to be having to buy replacement parts, send it off to be fixed or if worst comes to worst get a replacement. Although if this happens to be the case, so be it.

Appreciate any help guys!

Cheers!

Thanks for the advice guys. Bad news though...

Since then I tried turning my ps3 on to back up the data and it now won't turn on at all. I get a green light, then a brief yellow light followed by a flashing red light. Having read around the net I think this must be the "Yellow Light of Death", so basically my ps3 is fucked and any data I have on it cannot be retrieved :anguish::anguish::anguish: .

Any one else experienced this?