£32 in asda fill yer boots guys

ayrshire-loyal

pre-ordered the other week with Asda as i knew they would be cheap, getting it tonight or tomorrow.

Heard Sainsburys were doing it for 26 quid but don't know if it's true.

I'll stick with Asda.

just seen this might be a lot of people there, hope my copy is !

Asda: 600,000 Modern Warfare 2 pre-orders in UK

Supermarket Asda has said that over 600,000 consumers have pre-ordered Activision's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 in the UK.

The game goes on sale from 00:01am tomorrow morning in the company's 24 hour stores, and at the time of writing the company is selling the game at GBP 44.99, although it admitted this could change in time for release.

"In terms of pricing, well that remains anybodies guess but come Monday’s papers we’ll all know," wrote Duncan Cross, games buyer, on the company blog.

However, rival supermarket chain Sainsbury's has this morning confirmed that it will be selling the highly-anticipated release for GBP 26, making a mockery of the suggested RRP of GBP 54.99.

The move is likely to spark a price war across the UK, as supermarkets follow the lead set by FIFA 10 last month and begin selling the game at a massive reduction and below cost price.

Update: Tesco is selling the game for GBP 25 when sold with another chart title, while advertising indicates Asda will sell the game for GBP 32, although representatives have told GamesIndustry.biz that the retailer will not confirm a price until midnight tonight.

Went to asda for GTA4 and there were staff getting all their mates/family etc copies before midnight reckon it will be the same again.

pre order copies vanishing.

it is true guys, we were not allowed to tell u the price of it though by the higher ups! but we are doing it for 26 quid. Dont even know if i should be telling u now but fuck it.

Our deal at tesco is shite, I dont want another chart game. We are selling it for £40 outside the deal, but much like the fifa price drop, I could maybe see us dropping the price to £35, whilst its still not as low as Asda, it takes into account you can get it for £25 with the deal... I do however expect Tesco to maybe drop the price to somewhere from £31.97 to £28.97

Im getting mine from Tesco tomorrow anyway

If only I had a car to get to Makro :(

Sainsbury's will have to suffice.

DO you need to be a marko member and will they be sold out by 4pm tomorrow. Just a rough guess on the demand of this game.

Im thinking about going to asda at midnight.

i'll be at asda tonight, normally join the queue and always get it.

went to pre order it but i left it too late.

see you guys @ 12.15 ish ............hopefully. (tu)

u better turn up at asda about half 11 then if u want to have it by that time. Queue will be like an execution.

i'll be at asda tonight, normally join the queue and always get it.

went to pre order it but i left it too late.

see you guys @ 12.15 ish ............hopefully. (tu)

u better turn up at asda about half 11 then if u want to have it by that time. Queue will be like an execution.

aye normally do mate, fifa's , cod5 and gta all got them no probs, queues are long but should get it.

I see garys in this thread. Is he getting it ?

I just went to currys and will be there 9am sharp to get it. They are doing a price match and have an advert for asda to prove it.

Why do that, why not just go to Asda? :lol:

I just went to currys and will be there 9am sharp to get it. They are doing a price match and have an advert for asda to prove it.

He might be closer to a Curry's.

He might be closer to a Curry's.

Currys is about 2 mins away.

Asda is an hours walk.

Thats explain it McBoyd (tu)