William McBeath Memorial - Lincoln

Muirheadbear

A few weeks ago there was a thread comitting to create a fitting memorial at Canwick Road Cemetery.

I personally made a donation to this via PayPal.

Any updates? I ask because if that fox Murray finds out there's a pot of money, he'll attempt to lay his mitts on it.

Seriously, has anyone any updates?

P.S. BillyNovo do you still think my real name is Declan and all that.........?

Rangers Fans in Lincolnshire Echo, vanguardbears

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=130148

William McBeath Donations Total, Big thank you to Rangers Media donators

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=129707

(tu)

Brilliant, to raise over 2300 quid in two weeks is some going. Can't wait to see the headstone.

I travel down to the Midlands on business quite often so I'll make a point of visiting this when it's erected.

Well done to everyone who contributed.

We are "more than a club"!!!!!!

A project of such magnitude should not be rushed and indeed will not be rushed until we are 100% satisfied that all that needs done has been done correctly and factually.

This Gallant Pioneer deserves the utmost respect and will get it.

[/quote

I visited William McBeaths' grave yesterday. Well done to 4boysandabaw for the plaque, it was great to see it "in the flesh" so to speak.

They have also returfed the ground and cleared the leaves and other such debri, so it looks like full steam ahead.

Look forward to seeing pictures when the headstone is erected and dignity is restored to one of our "Gallant Pioneers"

A few weeks ago there was a thread comitting to create a fitting memorial at Canwick Road Cemetery.

I personally made a donation to this via PayPal.

Any updates? I ask because if that fox Murray finds out there's a pot of money, he'll attempt to lay his mitts on it.

Seriously, has anyone any updates?

P.S. BillyNovo do you still think my real name is Declan and all that.........?

You'll be able to read a full update (with a recent photo) in this weekend's edition of Number One Fanzine.

Well done to all those involved at VanguardBears and to all from the other websites who contributed to this good cause.

And they are so childish on FF that they allow no mention of Vanguardbears or anything that the site was involved in even if the word Vanguardbears is not mentioned.

You are joking? What Vanguardbears did was fantastic, and if FF can't acknowledge that, it is typically pathetic.

It shows there's far more unites us than divides us. The attitude to this from those who run FF has been utterly shameful and it's not the first time either.

What grinds my goat is that these are the same people posing as saviours of the club and supposedly leading the charge for fan ownership. It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

And they are so childish on FF that they allow no mention of Vanguardbears or anything that the site was involved in even if the word Vanguardbears is not mentioned.

You are joking? What Vanguardbears did was fantastic, and if FF can't acknowledge that, it is typically pathetic.

VB iniatiated the project and did all the ground work. However many other Rangers websites allowed us to post the threads about the donations required. These same website members also contributed financially towards any costs which will be incurred erecting a headstone.

£2300 was utterly astounding, and a credit to all who took part in ensuring William McBeath is honoured.

Rangers Media, Gersnet, Bluenose and many others, all had no hesitation in joining as one in helping the Rangers family and one of our founding sons. All the above websites and Vanguardbears often communicate about certain issues and try to do what's best for our club and support.

When you read about splits and in house bickering among the Bears, it's greatly exaggerated. One or two people put profits before principles, the other 99.99999% are working together.

So there were threads on FF asking for donations?

No threads for donations or even acknowledging the feat were allowed on FF.

That is their decision and is regrettable in tne extreme.

thats pretty sad and im kinda glad they banned me as i dont think i would like to be associated with the website

That pretty much sums up how a lot of people feel.

Let's focus on the good that many websites can do and not dwell on what one website doesn't want to acknowledge.

William McBeath and our history is far more important to many people to allow it to be sullied in petty politics.

They deserve better.