3-5-2

kplfishtank

i interpreted it as a 4-5-1 with mcculloch as the outright holding mid in fron of the back four( which can be interpreted as a 4-1-4-1)

but i thought formation wise (with whom was available) the 4-5-1 was about right?

a 4-5-1 who when attack turns into a 4-3-3 with miller and lafferty hitting the channels.

mourinho played the formation at chelsea.

would have worked better with edu,boogie and mendes available.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3-4-3....it was more like 5-4-1 and then 6-3-1....sackable offence to even attempt that formation in a game of this importance!

I thought it it was 5-4-1 until they scored. I really did not believe that we would have 3 up front, especially at home in a game we had to win--it is just not Walters way and his tactics once again proved an embarrassment,something that us older bears have seen too often. He is so outdated with his idea that foreign teams cannot cope with long high balls,and straight high balls.

His insistence on playing McCulloch in important areas; the only worst thing than playing him in central midfield is to play him at the back and he managed to play him in both positions. He still cannot see that Whittaker is, at best, a Hibs reserve and a liability that every team targets.

The 2nd half was worse when we made our first sub, kevin thomson went to lm, but didnt fucking play there so there was a huge gap on the left.

team shud have been:

:mcgregor:

:bougherra: :weir: :wilson: :papac:

:davis: :mcculloch: :thomson: :fleck:

:miller: :boyd:

mcculloch bcos i cnt think hu else cud have played.

That was one of the worst decisions I've ever seen a Rangers manager make. What formation was it actually supposed to be? It certainly looked like a 5-4-1 (at best), with Boyd about 30 yards further up the pitch than all of our other players. Lafferty kept on switching sides, leaving basically no-one on the entire left side of the pitch. An unforgiveably bad decision.