***The Official Falkirk v Rangers Thread***

Muff

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll sadly miss this game and it will be the first game i've missed in about 5 years :( due to work :(

however, taking into account the past couple of games, my team would be:

:mcgregor:

:bougherra: :weir: :wilson: :papac:

:novo: :davis: :fleck: :rothen:

:boyd: :Naismith:

EDIT: forgot rothen has swine flu doh.

i will revise and post my new team in a second when i think about it

McGregor; Bougherra, Weir, Wilson, Papac; Davis, Thomson, Fleck, Naismith; Boyd, Miller.

1-0 Rangers but with the usual struggle. :anguish:

I'd take 0-1 right now - not confident we can go there and win :anguish:

Why are people continuing to pick the likes of McCulloch, Naismith and Lafferty?

I can't understand it either Muff.

Falkirk open up a bit and try to play football, and also have a lack of hatchet-men that your bog standard SPL team has. Therefore WS must play the likes of Beasley, who when given half a yard is actually quite a player!

Their also pretty woeful when it comes to defending counter attacks.. so put Davis in the middle so his drive can give our counter attacks the extra couple of yards needed.

I would also play Ness or Wylde as Falkirk have a young side, who they've played against many times at youth level. Falkirk are quite a fit wee side and thats why the likes of McCulloch and an unfit Thomson are a real gamble.

Fit, powerful players in the middle...and a bit of pace down the flanks and we should in theory waltz it

But we all know Walter knows best...If only we had the professor in charge :sherlock:

We need to go to Falkirk and attack from the first whistle and roll over them. Put them in their place by playing like champions and showing a bit of passion. In terms of team selection- Whittaker HAS to be dropped. Bougherra at right back for me. keep Davis out wide. McCulloch should also be dropped. Thomson back in and i'd also like to see Ness get a game in the middle. Novo left wing. Miller and Boyd up front.