Pal made a**e of himself but least he cares

zamba

By Mark Hateley on Dec 3, 09 07:01 AM in rangers

I love Nacho Novo. There, I've said it. And it may come as no surprise to learn the good people of Pittodrie do not feature high in my affection.

But I must admit to being disappointed in my wee pal the other day when he dropped his shorts and lifted a finger to the locals in the wake of Rangers' defeat at Aberdeen.

Don't get me wrong. It's not that they didn't deserve it.

How can these morons stand spewing their filth at a football player for 90 minutes, in front of their own children and wives, then act like horrified innocents at the sight of a pair of underpants?

What do you think scars a five-year-old kid more?Watching his dad behave like a foul-mouthed lunatic every Saturday or seeing the Spaniard flick out a gesture as he runs the gauntlet in front of the baying mob?

So spare me all this c*** about Novo's actions causing offence. If these people are so worried about the sense and sensibilities of their offspring or their women folk then why were they still inside the stadium at the end of the game? Surely as soon as the first vile chants of "Nacho Novo, f****** homo" started up they would have headed for the exits or, even better, made for the cops to register their complaints on the way out.

Don't make me laugh. No one gives it out the way the punters at Pittodrie do and, speaking as someone who was assaulted by one of their knuckle-draggers as I stood signing autographs for kids in wheelchairs outside the front door, no one knows better than I do just how twisted some of them can be.

But that STILL doesn't excuse the actions of Novo. I'm sorry to say this Nacho, but you really should be better than that. In fact, the way Rangers performed in the Granite City as they blew the only unbeaten record in British football merely summed up what I was saying about these players in these very pages last week.

I'm told some of them did not take too kindly to my appraisal of their shortcomings following the end of the Champions League campaign. A little birdie tells me a few threw the rattle out the pram when they read what I had written about their lack of backbone.

Well they really showed me, didn't they? Another 90 minutes, another perfect example of a team with no guts.

If you know you're heading into a battle you might as well make sure you swing the first punches. But not this lot. In fact, as awful as it is to admit, we are now watching a side that allows itself to become intimidated and I never thought I'd see the day.

This latest capitulation was just another damning indictment of players who are not strong enough to handle the pressure.

And I'm afraid Novo's silly gestures merely proved the point. I'm willing to bet the little fella is every bit as disappointed with himself because he really is one of the few players in the dressing room who can cope with wearing that shirt. But he cracked and that is a sign of weakness. I remember when I played up there and got the same level of abuse he suffered. Maybe even worse. But I'll tell you the truth, I absolutely loved it. I couldn't wait for those games to come round because I fed off all the hatred.It was the same as playing at Parkhead.There was nothing I loved more than scoring then running away with a huge smile. Nothing.

That sickened them more than anything and Nacho should know by now it's the ONLY way to shut these morons up.

But there are times when we can all snap.

It's happened to Beckham, Zidane and Cantona and if it can get to them it can get to anyone. But that doesn't mean we should turn a blind eye.

The bottom line is,the bigger the player,the bigger the club,the bigger his responsibilities.

And, for me, too many of this Rangers crop shirk those responsibilities.

Novo, though, is one guy who never, ever goes hiding.That's why he was the last man on the pitch the other day when so many of his team-mates couldn't wait to get into the safety of the dressing room.

The little man has a huge heart and I'd guess it wasn't just the defeat or the abuse that made him lose it - I suspect the frustration at not getting a fair crack of the whip simply, finally boiled over.

Novo has sat there all season watching the likes of Kyle Lafferty, Kenny Miller, Kris Boyd and Steven Naismith being moved around like deck chairs on the Titanic. And no matter how poorly they perform he's the one sitting on the sidelines the next week.

And that's why, if I were Walter Smith, I'd be thinking long and hard about starting Nacho at Falkirk on Saturday.This is a player who WILL stand up and be counted.

He's a man with a point to prove after the furore of the past few days and he'll be more desperate than ever to get back in the good books.

i would start with nacho at falkirk at least he shows passion :praise:

http://blogs.<No links to this website>/markhateley...lf-but-lea.html

I agree with every word Mark says here.....and trust me, that is rare. Novo is frustrated, he is never sharp cause he doesnt get a string of 4 or 5 games to get it back, one of the few players with the heart, pride and understanding to do it for us.

I'd go Novo and Boyd every week to be honest, after 3 or 4 weeks, watch the goals fly in !!! Trust me on that.

Novo and Boyd for me, miller is shocking and work ethic does not make up for having to make a tackle everytime after his first touch. Lafferty seems to be getting worse by the game - needs to stick a NI top on for him to perform.

>>Superb article.

I never knew about him getting assaulted by one of those cunts though? When did that happen? <<<

He was spat on outside the sheep dome and getting plenty verbal. I think one of them tried to punch him.

Usual bravado chunts that stand outside the doors waiting for players to come out and with their mates in tow,

start abusing opposition players, just like the ta.igs and not much is done about it.

But the players have to take it..........

>>Superb article.

I never knew about him getting assaulted by one of those cunts though? When did that happen? <<<

He was spat on outside the sheep dome and getting plenty verbal. I think one of them tried to punch him.

Usual bravado chunts that stand outside the doors waiting for players to come out and with their mates in tow,

start abusing opposition players, just like the ta.igs and not much is done about it.

But the players have to take it..........

Literal scum. 13 years and fuck all, mind you. :) Bastards are just bitter twisted morons.

As for Them - it needs no explanation.

I agree with every word Mark says here.....and trust me, that is rare. Novo is frustrated, he is never sharp cause he doesnt get a string of 4 or 5 games to get it back, one of the few players with the heart, pride and understanding to do it for us.

I'd go Novo and Boyd every week to be honest, after 3 or 4 weeks, watch the goals fly in !!! Trust me on that.

100% agree with that. Would be my ideal line up. I know Novo is older now but the last few seasons hes played regulalry upfront for Dundee and with us with Prso he scored 20+ goals i think.

I'd gone right off big Hateley after the drama with Boydy, but well fucking said.

I liked the 'feeding off the hatred' comment, that's what it's all about because, as the song goes; "No-one likes us, we don't care". The big man's spot on with his assessment that we seem intimidated, I was up at Pittodrie and the lack of players willing to take responsibility was astonishing.

We might not be the world's greatest side or have the squad of Nine-In-A-Row, but I'd be proud as cheese to watch every single man on that park battle for that badge, fight and let our opponents know what we're about, but we don't and haven't done for quite some time. That kills me.

I was in the Hugo Boss shop today and I heard a voice of a very young boy talking to his Dad, he must have been 5 and he said, "Look Dad, that's what Nacho Novo wears".

I turned round to expect to see a t-shirt or a jacket but he was pointing to the Boss Y-fronts :lol: :lol:

Novo is frustrated, he is never sharp cause he doesnt get a string of 4 or 5 games to get it back, one of the few players with the heart, pride and understanding to do it for us.

(tu)