Pacquiao-Mayweather all but done!

Ryan_1

Promoter Bob Arum has been to the Philippines to speak to Pacquiao and he says that Pacquaio's needs are realistic and the fight is almost a done deal. The contract just needs some fine tuning and the date will be set for March 13, next year.

Absolutley can't wait for this fight, going to be fight of the century! :5536:

Hope Mayweather lumps seven shades of shit out that cunt.

(tu)

He seems to have grown on me over the past weeks / months and I can't quite put my finger on the reason why. Previously I'd been hoping Pacman would get the chance to knock him out <cr>

lt will make a shit load of money but i dont think it will be the best fight. Their styles wont suit each other and it'll be an awkward and possibly boring fight. Mayweather will win on points because he'll do just enough to win most rounds by picking manny off with an occasional counter punch like he done with de la hoya.

lt will make a shit load of money but i dont think it will be the best fight. Their styles wont suit each other and it'll be an awkward and possibly boring fight. Mayweather will win on points because he'll do just enough to win most rounds by picking manny off with an occasional counter punch like he done with de la hoya.

I think you're probably right. He's a pretty cautious fighter when it comes to the big fights so it'll probably be a points victory. But as Pac's chin is a bit suspect (especially in the higher weight divisions) there's always the chance he may catch him with something and get the knock-out?

One thing's for sure, there's no way Pac's going to land many big punches through the Mayweather defence (tu)

I think you're probably right. He's a pretty cautious fighter when it comes to the big fights so it'll probably be a points victory. But as Pac's chin is a bit suspect (especially in the higher weight divisions) there's always the chance he may catch him with something and get the knock-out?

One thing's for sure, there's no way Pac's going to land many big punches through the Mayweather defence (tu)

Exactly. Although Manny is probably the best fighter in the world on the front foot he doesnt do anything differently than anybody else, he just does it a bit better. He can throw all the straight lefts he wants at mayweather, he's never going to find him. Mayweather wont be standing there putting it on a plate for him and trying to trade like cotto, de la hoya and hatton did when they fought manny. Money all the way.

Good to see people writing off the Pacman yet again. Imo, this fight could go either way. I can't wait.

He was favourite with most people, and with the bookies, to beat hatton and cotto so he's hardly been hard done by. Mayweather is just too good though.

Good to see people writing off the Pacman yet again. Imo, this fight could go either way. I can't wait.

i agree Kev , too much weight ??? he has won at 7 different weight categories and beating some of the very best at that weight <cr>

i think Manny can win , wont be 3 mayweather judges ;)

I've always backed Pacquiao, but lets be honest Mayweather is in a completely different level compared to the rest of his opponents.

Never fought anyone as good as Manny though has he :)

I've always backed Pacquiao, but lets be honest Mayweather is in a completely different level compared to the rest of his opponents.

Well lets look at the list...

Juan Manuel Marquez

Ricky Hatton

Oscar De La Hoya

Carlos Baldomir

Zab Judah

Sharmba Mitchell

Arturo Gatti

Henry Bruseles

DeMarcus Corley

Phillip Ndou

José Luis Castillo

José Luis Castillo

Jesús Chávez

Carlos Hernández

Diego Corrales

Emanuel Augustus

Gregorio Vargas

Carlos Gerena

Justin Juuko

Carlos Rios

Angel Manfredy

Genaro Hernandez

Tony Pep

Gustavo Cuello

Miguel Melo

Sam Girard

Hector Arroyo

Angelo Nuñez

Felipe Garcia

Louie Leija

Jesús Chávez

Larry O'Shields

Tony Duran

Bobby Giepert

Edgar Ayala

Jerry Cooper

Reggie Sanders

Roberto Apodaca

40 Wins (25 knockouts, 0 Losses, 0 Draws)

Manny Pacquiao has never fought anybody as good as Mayweather :)

Juan Manuel Marquez

Ricky Hatton

Oscar De La Hoya

Carlos Baldomir

Zab Judah

Sharmba Mitchell

Arturo Gatti

Henry Bruseles

DeMarcus Corley

Phillip Ndou

José Luis Castillo

José Luis Castillo

Jesús Chávez

Carlos Hernández

Diego Corrales

Emanuel Augustus

Gregorio Vargas

Carlos Gerena

Justin Juuko

Carlos Rios

Angel Manfredy

Genaro Hernandez

Tony Pep

Gustavo Cuello

Miguel Melo

Sam Girard

Hector Arroyo

Angelo Nuñez

Felipe Garcia

Louie Leija

Jesús Chávez

Larry O'Shields

Tony Duran

Bobby Giepert

Edgar Ayala

Jerry Cooper

Reggie Sanders

Roberto Apodaca

jeezo DB :( , tbh i think its too close to call Mayweather has the defense and slick skills to catch opponents on the counter but has he really faced someone witht he speed and endurance of the pacman ? im not sure and as you say on the other foot has Manny ever faced someone with the top quality skills of Mayweather ? but i think there is a special ingrediant to the Pacman and his name is Freddy Roach (tu) (the reason i think khan will make it to the top in his career if he sticks with him )

Juan Manuel Marquez

Ricky Hatton

Oscar De La Hoya

Carlos Baldomir

Zab Judah

Sharmba Mitchell

Arturo Gatti

Henry Bruseles

DeMarcus Corley

Phillip Ndou

José Luis Castillo

José Luis Castillo

Jesús Chávez

Carlos Hernández

Diego Corrales

Emanuel Augustus

Gregorio Vargas

Carlos Gerena

Justin Juuko

Carlos Rios

Angel Manfredy

Genaro Hernandez

Tony Pep

Gustavo Cuello

Miguel Melo

Sam Girard

Hector Arroyo

Angelo Nuñez

Felipe Garcia

Louie Leija

Jesús Chávez

Larry O'Shields

Tony Duran

Bobby Giepert

Edgar Ayala

Jerry Cooper

Reggie Sanders

Roberto Apodaca

jeezo DB :( , tbh i think its too close to call Mayweather has the defense and slick skills to catch opponents on the counter but has he really faced someone witht he speed and endurance of the pacman ? im not sure and as you say on the other foot has Manny ever faced someone with the top quality skills of Mayweather ? but i think there is a special ingrediant to the Pacman and his name is Freddy Roach (tu) (the reason i think khan will make it to the top in his career if he sticks with him )

Freddy Roach was in the corner of Oscar De La Hoya when Mayweather beat him, but i agree he is the best trainer in the game at the moment.

Mayweather has all the tools just to pick off any opponent, and he has lighting speed as well which seem to always hit there target. This will be a unbelievable fight but overall i just feel Mayweather ticks more boxes than Pacquiao.

I hope they show another 24/7 series with this fight, i can't wait already for this fight to hurry up and come around.