Dundee United v Rangers

j1mgg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think DU will lose money out of this. I know that any money they make will be a bonus as fans have already paid for the original game so ÂŁ12/6 for every person going is a kind of bonus. Just think if the tickets were free to them that already paid and they bought say ÂŁ5 worth of food each and a program, then DU would have made a lot more.

I cant explain this very well

I think DU will lose money out of this. I know that any money they make will be a bonus as fans have already paid for the original game so ÂŁ12/6 for every person going is a kind of bonus. Just think if the tickets were free to them that already paid and they bought say ÂŁ5 worth of food each and a program, then DU would have made a lot more.

I cant explain this very well

I get what you are saying to a certain extent. If the tickets were free to those who had already bought them and you had 3/4 of them spend ÂŁ5 on food/drink then theyd make more than a small number of fans who will pay ÂŁ12 each.

But I do think there will be more than 200 fans there.

it'll show people that we are not willing to bend over and take it up the arse

So in practical terms, it will achieve nothing. Great.

I go to as many games as possible, but thats irrelevant. My objection is about the value of making this moral stand vs. supporting the team in a hugely important game.

The greater the fans support, the greater the chances of success. This equation has been a undeniable pillar of Football since year dot. To deny that is utter nonsense.

So why damage the teams chances of success in such a crucial match?

I have been informed less than 200 tickets have been sold for this by rangers.

Thats it

Hope utd lose a fortune from this game......if the players can't win a game without our supporters being there they should give up and go home.....dundee utd have a p[oor support anyway, we would still outsing them with 200 (especially with the MB's resident superfan being there).....

I have been informed less than 200 tickets have been sold for this by rangers.

Thats it

Hope utd lose a fortune from this game......if the players can't win a game without our supporters being there they should give up and go home.....dundee utd have a p[oor support anyway, we would still outsing them with 200 (especially with the MB's resident superfan being there).....

How are they going to lose a fortune by charging Bears ÂŁ12 vs. letting us in for free? (minus money for pies etc..)

They're holding all the cards and the only way they can lose is on the pitch - which is why IMO Bears should turn up, to increase the chances of that happening!

What is this "boycott" going to achieve in practical terms?

Reduced ticket prices for fans to future games? No.

An outpouring of respect towards Rangers fans moral principles? No.

Reduced ticket prices for future abandoned matches? Perhaps. But since when was that a great cause?

I'm not denying we havent been fecked over, but this wont achieve anything practical, except lessen our chances of getting a win :(

You missed out the most important "practicality" mate - It fucks Dundee Utd hard in the pocket if nobody goes.

And yes, I paid the ÂŁ12 for the re-scheduled game, but I totally disagree with it, and I wouldn't criticise any Bear who boycotts the game either.

if we don't turn up it will cost them a fortune.....

Is this to be considered an "achievement" by a Rangers support?

nah. i think they'll be a decent turn out by the time of the game.

The bottom line is we're talking ÂŁ12quid for a hugely important game of football.

To miss out on that in order to give a slap in the face to the nobodies of the United board is not an attractive prospect for a lot of Bears (minus a good few on here i must say), who lets face it, care more about supporting Rangers than being our own consumer watchdogs, and so we should. But we'll see.

If its such an apparently open and shut case of a rip off, trading standards will refund us in good time anyway.

You missed out the most important "practicality" mate - It fucks Dundee Utd hard in the pocket if nobody goes.

Aye we'll stick that on a plaque and put it in the trophy room come May shall we whilst Monkeys lot streaks away?

Fuck Utd. Fuck caring about their finances. Rangers winning is what matters.

I go to as many games as possible, but thats irrelevant.

I disagree. When you're having snidey digs about people refusing to support their team by not attending a game, "to save a few quid" was it? They'd "be rich" if they refused to attend all games? What is it that stops you going to games?

You're being sanctimonious as hell for someone who, by your logic, refuses to give the team their support at the majority of games.

I disagree. When you're having snidey digs about people refusing to support their team by not attending a game, "to save a few quid" was it? They'd "be rich" if they refused to attend all games? What is it that stops you going to games?

You're being sanctimonious as hell for someone who, by your logic, refuses to give the team their support at the majority of games.

Have to agree.

When you see him beginning to question someone like BITC's commitment to the cause as a whole because of this one game, then his argument (and profile in general) takes a severe nosedive.

if we don't turn up it will cost them a fortune.....

Is this to be considered an "achievement" by a Rangers support?

nah. i think they'll be a decent turn out by the time of the game.

The bottom line is we're talking ÂŁ12quid for a hugely important game of football.

To miss out on that in order to give a slap in the face to the nobodies of the United board is not an attractive prospect for a lot of Bears (minus a good few on here i must say), who lets face it, care more about supporting Rangers than being our own consumer watchdogs, and so we should. But we'll see.

If its such an apparently open and shut case of a rip off, trading standards will refund us in good time anyway.

yes , a bloody nose for the team that refused to move one of our games in the uefa cup season is well overdue....if we have only sold 200 by now that number won't increase greatly and will see UTD lose money.......it obviously means a lot to the majority of bears on here and off here as it looks like the match willl be boycotted with only a handful of people willing to go (i understand why the people want to go and wouldn't criticise because unlike you i won't paint myself as an uberfan ).....

I go to as many as i can but have got other commitments. Hardly painting myself as an "uberfan"

The main argument that keeps coming up here is:

"if we dont go to the game we'll hit United hard in the pocket".

Well doesnt that apply to most sides in SPL?

When hitting teams "in the pocket" is more important than nailing them on the pitch, why pay cash to Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts through the turnstiles - we can "hurt" them to?!!

Face it, its a bollocks argument.

I thought long and hard about this, but I aint going. Fuck Dundee United.

I'll sit and watch it in the house, and the money I'd spend on a ticket, will go towards a crate of beer :)

I go to as many as i can but have got other commitments. Hardly painting myself as an "uberfan"

The main argument that keeps coming up here is:

"if we dont go to the game we'll hit United hard in the pocket".

Well doesnt that apply to most sides in SPL?

When hitting teams "in the pocket" is more important than nailing them on the pitch, why pay cash to Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts through the turnstiles - we can "hurt" them to?!!

Face it, its a bollocks argument.

I can only think you're being deliberately obtuse, because I don't think you're that stupid really.

None of those teams have tried to charge the fans again for a game they've already paid for. The fans pay for these games because they get to see a game. We didn't see a game against Dundee Utd, we were told our stubs would be valid for the re-arranged game. They are now charging us again. Bear in mind that it's not only ÂŁ12, it costs money to travel, etc as well.

I don't make many games myself, and would never criticise people for not going. Likewise, I wouldn't blame people who go to this game. I'm glad, personally, that it seems the Rangers support in general are refusing to pay again for this game, but have no issue with people who decide to go.

The "bollocks argument" you refer to seems to be the thinking of the vast majority of Rangers fans. I guess they're all wrong and you're right though, eh?

Get a grip of yourself, people have the right to make the choice. What they choose is a matter for them. There is a point of principle here and a lot of bears are refusing to attend. There is a matter of supporting the team as well, and some good bears are doing that. As far as I can see, nobody has the right to tell either side that their argument is "bollocks," they can decide for themselves.

Aye we'll stick that on a plaque and put it in the trophy room come May shall we whilst Monkeys lot streaks away?

Fuck Utd. Fuck caring about their finances. Rangers winning is what matters.

I'm sure the club and its players are well aware of this mate, and will be trying their best to get the required result, knowing full well that the guys who support them week in, week out are not deserving of this treatment by Dundee Utd FC.

I won't ask if you attend all games, as everyones level of support is different for many reasons, and everyone who supports the club in one way or another, is a valuable member of the Rangers Family.

But I would be interested to know if you attended the abandoned game, are you attending the re-scheduled game, and if so, how far will you be travelling each time?

they can decide for themselves.

of course - im just putting over one side of the argument that seems a bit unfashionable among the board clique. I honestly dont know why though...

Look im not denying Utd havent fucked us over.

But the big question is whether "hitting them in the pocket" should be prized above a Rangers win. And the answer is clear to me, of course it shouldnt be.

The 3 points, the boost in confidence before trips to Easter Road and the piggery, the enjoyment of sticking it right up the united fans and their board, putting the upstarts in their place... i could go on. We MUST win this game.

Imagine the players come out and see the away end practically empty, we get beat and the arabs are roaring out their "what a shitey away support" chants, laughing it up as they move above us in the table. I cant believe Bears will be sat watching the game thinking "aye, well at least we hit united's balance sheet!" :lol:

Think about it. Which is the more attractive prospect?

And before any "flat-earthers" try to deny the fact that a massive vocal away support can have a positive impact on a teams chances on the road, i'm off home.