Jerome Rothen

Muff

His performances may not have been good enough, but how many other players have? The likes of McCulloch, Whittaker, Lafferty, Thomson, Miller....continue to put in bullshit performances, yet never/very rarely get dropped!

The favouritism and stubborness on the manager's part is shocking.

Despite their many limitations, those guys work their arses off for the team and get stuck in when needed, whereas Roethen is a non-trier and a shitebag. His last team were desperate to get rid of him, and let us have him gratis, no wage contribution needed. The guy is a waste of a jersey and if he never plays for us again i'll be a happy bear.

How many mistakes have Whittaker and McCulloch made this season? Miller tries hard, but for a lot of the time is pish. Lafferty is a waste of space, and cost £3.7m more than Rothen. Thomson hasn't kicked a ball after coming back from injury, Naismith hasn't shown anything....

There are far too many waste of spaces in the squad, but that's not what this thread was about!

I hope he recovers and is part of the team again, we need everything we have.

I agree, they guy has ability but again is shot down by the fans barely before his career gets going, his confidence goes after a few games, WS sees this and its the last we hear of him and we've made another pointless signing. Great.

His performances may not have been good enough, but how many other players have? The likes of McCulloch, Whittaker, Lafferty, Thomson, Miller....continue to put in bullshit performances, yet never/very rarely get dropped!

The favouritism and stubborness on the manager's part is shocking.

So true :anguish: :anguish:

I'd have hoped for him to get more chances then he has done especially when you consider the shite Walter Smith has constantly picked in his time here. He showed glimpses of his capability in a couple of games and the Unirea game was a disaster on all levels so for Smith to single out Rothen as the one to be permanently dropped was a disgrace.

People are quick to turn on Rothen since he's a frenchman yet so many defend Kyle Lafferty because he's a good ulsterboy. I'm not pointing the finger at anyone in particular but generally Lafferty seems to have quite a lot of defenders while Rothen has basically none.

How do you know this is the case.....are people even inventing reasons to have a go at the manager now.....

I'm going to bring Mendes into this because I think it's relevant.

IMO Rothen is similar to Mendes in the sense that the majority of the stick he gets is simply down to the fact that he is a relatively big name who had a decent career at a couple of decent named/sized clubs before coming here.

As a result we expect them to be the lovechild of Brian Laudrup and Gio Van Bronckhorst and put on the best football we have ever seen when ever they come on the pitch.

Jerome Rothen and Pedro Mendes' biggest problem is that they are Jerome Rothen and Pedro Mendes.

Agree that to single him out for Unirea is pish he had a part in our only goal and also our goal in stutgart

Mendes injury and lack of a decent replacement was the turning point in the Unirea game

Thing is does he even want to be here now Europe is gone this was the only reason he came i think

time will tell but i cant see him making a new start here

hope he does

I was pleased when we signed Rothen but it looks like he just isn't interested and the signing just isn't going to work out. Send him back to PSG

That might be difficult; they didn't want him at the club which is why they are paying his wages as long as he is with us in the hope that we sign him at the end of the season or someone else does.

I was pleased when we signed Rothen but it looks like he just isn't interested and the signing just isn't going to work out. Send him back to PSG

That might be difficult; they didn't want him at the club which is why they are paying his wages as long as he is with us in the hope that we sign him at the end of the season or someone else does.

Technically looks a good player but would surely need 5 or 6 games in a row to see the best of him. Had a cracking game against Stuttgart in Germany and has a bit of quality with a dead ball. If i see Kevin Thomson or Stevie Davis chip another corner into the goalmouth i'm going to take up rugby. :disappointment: