If we win the league and get in CL next season...

MisterC

should we go back to the wattenaccio tactics of the 07/08 season. We have shown this season that when we open up in Europe we get destroyed, however when we keep it tight it has been known to pay off. I would argue that we need to go back to those tactics as we do not have the players to match other teams, however we can make it extremely hard for teams to beat us. Thoughts?

What I'm saying though is use those tactics where we set out to frustrate teams and try and hit them on the break. Keep it tight, dont concede and see what happens is the best way to go. Also I would aergue that we are at our best when our backs are against the wall

The tactics never changed, Cuellar and Hemdani were immense for us defensively. While huge credit is due for getting to Manchester, there was a huge deal of good fortune along the way. You will not get that every season.

Hemdani is a player we have missed badly in the CL this year thats and Weir being slow as fuck have been a reason we have lost alot of goals. Oh and Whittaker getting skinned constantly at RB

should we go back to the wattenaccio tactics of the 07/08 season. We have shown this season that when we open up in Europe we get destroyed, however when we keep it tight it has been known to pay off. I would argue that we need to go back to those tactics as we do not have the players to match other teams, however we can make it extremely hard for teams to beat us. Thoughts?

Gotta be the way forward, it worked b4 and look what happened there, i said previous its gonna be baby steps so we should tread with caution, take it slow and make sure we recover from this

He's not really changed thing's about, and he's hardly had a go. Infact, the formation against Stuttgart, 5-4-1, was even more defensive than usual, and did not work.

Maybe if we actually had players in their proper positions, and signed the right ones, then we wouldn't be so poor. Players out of position, no creativity or pace absolutely kills us. One of the slowest, unorganiesd, lazy....sides not only in Europe, but in the SPL.

We are in 2009, the manager is stuck in the past. Big lumpers, and hard workers does not work anymore, you need pace, ability, guile, creativity....along with hard work, grit and determination, and for the money we have spent, we should have at least a few players who possess that. Who's fault is it that we lack pace in almost every area - that we defend so deep - have 0 creativity - lack wide players - players out of position - nothing in the middle of the park....

When we win the league and get into the CL next season, we should have a new manager for that campaign, Weir should have retired or at least leave Rangers as a player and hopefully some new investment from a new owner. We will then see what change in personnel there is at the club and see what sort of tactics that new manager brings in.

I don't have a problem with a 4-5-1 especially away in Europe and depending on the team even at Ibrox, but a lot of it depends on the players you have at your disposal as to whether or not you can pull it off.