I thought players got picked based on their current form?

Amac9

Can someone please tell Walter Smith this!

Players should get picked on how they are performing week in week out. So why are Steven Whittaker and Lee McCulloch on the team sheet every single week after turning in awful performances on a regular basis. Does Walter really think these 2 players are on form, playing well and deserving of their place in the first team? If so then I am really worried!

The same goes for a numer of other players. If you are playing bad then you should be dropped, not left to turn in amateur league performances!

thats obviously alot of shite, he wouldnt have dropped wilson otherwise.

Are you saying Wilson deserved to be dropped?

i was agreeing with OP as the players obviously dont get picked based on their form as WS has shown with dropping wilson n continually playing whittaker.

thats obviously alot of shite, he wouldnt have dropped wilson otherwise.

Are you saying Wilson deserved to be dropped?

i was agreeing with OP as the players obviously dont get picked based on their form as WS has shown with dropping wilson n continually playing whittaker.

Fair enough (tu)

I would imagine smith is waiiting for his central midfielders to be fit before he drops anyone......

I'd agree with you on this one.

People are moaning about McCulloch and Thomson - hell I'm one - but who else does he have with Mendes and Edu out?

But Wilson shouldn't have been dropped. He was playing well.

How Smith can justify dropping Wilson but keeping faith with Whittaker is just amazing. I'd actually put Bougherra in at RB for Whitty, as much for our sake as his because the lad is awfully low on confidence.

Fleck started playing well centrally a few weeks back, yet was dropped for three weeks there for no reason - it's that sorta thing that irks me especially GCL.

I would imagine smith is waiiting for his central midfielders to be fit before he drops anyone......

People are moaning about McCulloch and Thomson - hell I'm one - but who else does he have with Mendes and Edu out?

How Smith can justify dropping Wilson but keeping faith with Whittaker is just amazing. I'd actually put Bougherra in at RB for Whitty, as much for our sake as his because the lad is awfully low on confidence.

Fleck started playing well centrally a few weeks back, yet was dropped for three weeks there for no reason - it's that sorta thing that irks me especially GCL.

I have a yes and no agreement, McMillan was brought into midfield against Dundee and played well, to me he should get a chance at either right back instead of Whittaker, or midfield instead of McCulloch, and I really think Weir should be dropped for a few games and give him a rest, what's wrong with playing a back four of McMillan, Bougherra, Wilson and Papac, at least they will play further up the field and will give who ever is in midfield a better chance at supporting our forwards.

I can't wait until mendes and edu are fit so we have some options again,as for fleck and thomson in the middle on saturday....yes please.....

I can't wait until mendes and edu are fit so we have some options again,as for fleck and thomson in the middle on saturday....yes please.....

How about we play Ness a natural CM in midfield instead of a supporting striker?

Feck me, fleck can't [play on the left, can't play in the middle where can this boy play......

I haven't seen enough of ness to judge if he is good enough or not

Wouldn't think there would be much of a problem having Fleck venture forward while Thomson stays back.

I also thought Ness was just coming back from injury?

Feck me, fleck can't [play on the left, can't play in the middle where can this boy play......

I haven't seen enough of ness to judge if he is good enough or not

Wouldn't think there would be much of a problem having Fleck venture forward while Thomson stays back.

I also thought Ness was just coming back from injury?

I would agree mate, was being sarcastic.

People on this MB are too busy tellign us where players can't play and then complain when youth doesn't get picked......