Am I hurting the club I love.....

CanadianBacon

.....or am I helping them in the long run?

I attended the first game and paid £22 for my West Stand ticket, where I and the rest of the Bears that day got a right royal soaking, however, I'm one of many who will be boycotting Tannadice tomorrow night on the grounds that the Dundee United chairman, Stephen Thompson, and his club are ripping off Rangers FC and Rangers supporters with their stance on further charging us with valid ticket stubs for the game that was called off at half-time that day.

It's a decision I puzzled with for some time but decided that by boycotting this one it'll send a signal to rip-off artists across the SPL that the Rangers support aren't just there to be taken for mugs.

My dilemma is that although I know I'm in the right and over the long haul this action may well help the club and the support in the future, I know that my "actual" support tomorrow tonight will be missing and that is the part I struggled with.

That said, I'm biting the bullet and telling the likes of Thompson & Co that they can "shove it".

It is my sincere hope that the inclement weather we've been having continues and that Dundee United's under-soil heating erupts in a flood of water which ices and over and causes them fortunes to repair, inconveniences them for weeks and gets tomorrow's game called off (until the Spring time would be fine) and that by then Thompson and his club have a rethink about charging Rangers supporters twice for the one game.

Either way, let's hope that whenever this game is played we hammer Thompson's club by four or five goals.

Now that's what I'd call justice. :rolleyes:

I think a lot of supporters are in the same position, they feel ripped off paying again but want to show their support for the team. I had a ticket for the first game but didnt go because I was ill if I had the money I would go tomorrow night no problem. My support lies with Rangers and I want to be cheering them on where and when I can.

The Rangers away support are fantastic but they're also taken for granted.

I would say you're helping them in the long run by taking a stand and not attending.

If it makes a Motherwell or St Mirren think twice before raising ticket prices or trying the same should it happen again then it's been worthwhile.

The boys should be motivated enough to take all 3 points on the night.

You are hurting Dundee Utd, not Rangers. Pretty sure all those with Rangers at heart would be supportive of this, as, we are once again being ripped off by other SPL clubs. Fuck Em! As someone said, a win and we are top, thats the motivation

The players of Rangers Football Club should not need 8,000 fans to motivate them to beat an average Dundee Hibernian team.

Rangers fans are continually shafted by opposition clubs, the media , even our own club.

Why?

Simple....because we have no backbone anymore and are full of fans scared to think for themselves.

Those who go tomorrow night are merely endorsing the attitudes of others that we are now seen as a soft touch.

The players of Rangers Football Club should not need 8,000 fans to motivate them to beat an average Dundee Hibernian team.

Rangers fans are continually shafted by opposition clubs, the media , even our own club.

Why?

Simple....because we have no backbone anymore and are full of fans scared to think for themselves.

Those who go tomorrow night are going to support their team.

sorted that for you (tu)

Why?

Those who go tomorrow night are going to support their team.

sorted that for you (tu)

No you haven't. The original comment still stands as do my views on Rangers fans being taken for mugs.

In my opinion we are taken for granted. Our average away support for the season is 11,000 odd and the tims 14,000 odd yet they have played more away games than us. Plus every away game ive seen them in have had big empty gaps, were as ours are generally full or close to.

Rangers are charging us enough without fleecing Dundee utds pockets 3 times for 2 leauge games

In my opinion we are taken for granted. Our average away support for the season is 11,000 odd and the tims 14,000 odd yet they have played more away games than us. Plus every away game ive seen them in have had big empty gaps, were as ours are generally full or close to.

Rangers are charging us enough without fleecing Dundee utds pockets 3 times for 2 leauge games

Can i ask where you get these figures from?

Can i ask where you get these figures from?

its in the papers every sunday and monday im sure. seen it in the records winner section

here is the home averages

Team Pld Total Highest Average Capacity Pct

1 Rangers (2) 8 378778 50276 47347 50444 93.8%

2 Celtic (1) 7 376034 58500 53719 60832 88.3%

3 Heart of Midlothian (8) 7 101815 16762 14545 18008 80.7%

4 Falkirk (12) 7 40227 6903 5747 7576 75.8%

5 Hibernian (3) 8 92954 14221 11619 17500 66.3%

6 Hamilton Academical (7) 7 22484 4689 3212 5300 60.6%

7 Aberdeen (6) 8 98167 16803 12271 22199 55.2%

8 Dundee United (4) 6 45729 11098 7622 14209 53.6%

9 St Johnstone (10) 7 37444 7807 5349 10673 50.1%

10 St Mirren (9) 8 37197 6164 4650 11125 41.7%

11 Motherwell (5) 8 45904 9355 5738 13742 41.7%

12 Kilmarnock (11) 8 45494 10310 5687 18128 31.3%

i cant find the away ones anywhere online though

Ignoring the rights or wrongs of the boycott and what, if anything, it is going to achieve in practice...

I believe slashing the number of Rangers fans at the game makes it harder for our team to win this match.

An amazing away support doesnt win matches, but like playing downhill, or with the wind at your back, it helps the teams in small ways that - brought together, can make a difference.

Whether it be influencing a referee's decision, a linesman's flag, spurring the team onwards to attack/ instilling urgency to your players, or hounding or intimidating the home players/support - fans can definitely make a difference - just ask any Rangers legend for a start.

The team might still win the game with a reduced presence of their 12th man, but it will make it that little bit harder.