The Day of an Auld Firm

BouncingBear

What is your routine, wether you have a ticket or not?

Have youse got any great / scary / crazy experiences from the day of an old firm game? What was your best memory etc

Getting excited already and thought I could get a few laughs from some stories!

If I don't have a ticket then I normally get a few lads round (no tims welcome) plenty of Alcohol needed of course. I'm normally up ready and buzzing for about 11am, have something to eat, watch the build up, get the team news, go on a big rant to one of my mates about how Lee McCulloch shouldn't be playing. Then the game kicks off I'll shout my non-bigoted abuse at the TV! Go crazy when we score, flatten everybody in sight, come full time I'm normally pished and preparin a full day session if the Gers win :cheers:

If I haven't got a ticket I try and get up as late as possible as if I have been up for hours I start to get nervous.

If we win I head down to the boozer and if not I just drown my sorrows in the house.

Im the same but normally wake up about 8am :anguish: and pace the floor waiting for the game. Its a pure nightmare doing that waiting ages for it to come on

Wake up 06:00, Bigotry on by 06:01, Ready for 6:45. Nearly the Full bus come down to mine for a session about 07:00, my mum makes us about 40 rolls and sausage. Leave my house abput 10:00 to head to get the bus. Normally walk from mine with the SC's Flag right up the main road bringing traffic to a standstill or the cars go under the flag( theres a vid on youtube of it). 2:20 Celebrate victory and thats normally the last thing i remember.

Wake up 06:00, Bigotry on by 06:01, Ready for 6:45. Nearly the Full bus come down to mine for a session about 07:00, my mum makes us about 40 rolls and sausage. Leave my house abput 10:00 to head to get the bus. Normally walk from mine with the SC's Flag right up the main road bringing traffic to a standstill or the cars go under the flag( theres a vid on youtube of it). 2:20 Celebrate victory and thats normally the last thing i remember.

Brilliant what I want to hear! :spraise:

If I don't have a ticket then I normally get a few lads round (no tims welcome) plenty of Alcohol needed of course. I'm normally up ready and buzzing for about 11am, have something to eat, watch the build up, get the team news, go on a big rant to one of my mates about how Lee McCulloch shouldn't be playing. Then the game kicks off I'll shout my non-bigoted abuse at the TV! Go crazy when we score, flatten everybody in sight, come full time I'm normally pished and preparin a full day session if the Gers win :cheers:

I do the exact same only up early fkn nervous wreck ,she thinks its hilarious,if we get beat get sent to ma bed greetin or in spare room wi rubber baseball bat smashing up my rubber telly.Send it on.

Usually can't sleep so get up pretty early bout 8ish. Quick shower, cup of tea n roll n sausage then down to my mates house for a Super Sectarian Saturday/Sunday Morning Sash Bash.

If I'm going to the game I leave about half 10 to get to Ibrox sharpish. Give the Tims dogs abuse before, during and after the game then back to the pub for the usual celebrations

always get the familiar sick feeling in my stomach before - pace about smoking too much and drinking too much

I dont think I've ever actually enjoyed an Oldfirm game - I love tham and hate them at the same time

That's like me mate,it's murder.

Same routine here in Canada as I did back home. Good drink the night before game with some songs and a Gers video maybe goals against the scum or big George knocking Lambert's teeth out, something to get the heart pumping and the nerves going. Hope to get some sleep hence the good drink, game day, a cup of tea and a roll an sausage, though the square isn't as good here, then the nerves kick in. Obviously I have to watch the game on Rangers tv, so I start that early make sure computer, sound, and tv is working, grab 8 beers for first half and tell everyone in house to shut up and not to bother me and go mental when the Bears score!!!!!