Shota Arveladze

Tomlin Bear

Why are the tims NOW suddendly taking umbrage at the bears having a better striker in Boydie?

Surely Shota Arveladze had better striking stats at Rangers when Larsson was at Celtic?

In addition Arveladze and Larrson played for the Old Firm at the same time? So a visible comparison should be available?

Does anyone have any stats on this to back it up?

shota was my fav. player at that time

we should never have got rid of him, he wasnt finished at Rangers

so much skill, scored amazing goals

loved him

for me, technically better than Larsson but Eck played him out of position surprise surprise and that took away his goals

brilliant player

Shota Arveladze was one of the most under rated players of that time.

I remember being at his last game at Ibrox when he scored 2 goals against Motherwell in a 4-1 victory (14/05/05) Missed my mum's birthday for it.

The stats don't really back you up on this one, but Shota was a hell of a player at his best!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shota_Arveladze

I always mind hearing a stat that Arveladze's shots per goals ratio was better? I have never been able to find it tho to compare?

sounds a bit like keepers let henks shots in and tried to save shotas

liewells pr machine would have buried that mate

yeh who would of thaught mr bean was a smashing wee player.

Think he was vastly under rated at rangers, always put in a shift and did well in the big games. How mutch did we pay fo him?

was it around 1.5 from ajax i think

he could have done so much more at Rangers, that wasnt his fault at all though, club was falling apart

The stats don't really back you up on this one, but Shota was a hell of a player at his best!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shota_Arveladze

I always mind hearing a stat that Arveladze's shots per goals ratio was better? I have never been able to find it tho to compare?

sounds a bit like keepers let henks shots in and tried to save shotas

liewells pr machine would have buried that mate

:uk:

Think there's a bit of misty-eyed revisionism on Shota.

I liked him and he was a good player who scored goals for us, no doubt, but he had times in his career at ibrox when he couldn't even get in the team and was pretty average. In my opinion he was always better suited to the european game and the technical side of his game was diluted in the rough and tumble of the SPL. His spell back in Dutch football with Alkmaar would back this up.

On a very juicy £30k per week contract, Rangers were better for Shota than him for Rangers.

Mind you his title winning dance was worth his transfer fee and wages alone. :D

Think there's a bit of misty-eyed revisionism on Shota.

I liked him and he was a good player who scored goals for us, no doubt, but he had times in his career at ibrox when he couldn't even get in the team and was pretty average. In my opinion he was always better suited to the european game and the technical side of his game was diluted in the rough and tumble of the SPL. His spell back in Dutch football with Alkmaar would back this up.

On a very juicy £30k per week contract, Rangers were better for Shota than him for Rangers.

Mind you his title winning dance was worth his transfer fee and wages alone. :D

You cant put a price on goals..............................unless your Tore Andre Flo that is. :disappointment:

We never booed Shorta

But the Bheasts booed Larsson

Was that when he went on a run without scoring?

larsson was booed big time at the san giro when barca came to town

Tims fucking hate it when you bring that up :)

Had a guy spouting at work about how Henrick was the greatest, blah, blah. I asked him if that was true, why did the celtc support boo him at the piggery? Contrast that with how the Rangers fans greeted McCoist/Cooper when they left to play elsewhere. Greatest fans in the world, eh? :lol:

We never booed Shorta

Had a guy spouting at work about how Henrick was the greatest, blah, blah. I asked him if that was true, why did the celtc support boo him at the piggery? Contrast that with how the Rangers fans greeted McCoist/Cooper when they left to play elsewhere. Greatest fans in the world, eh? :lol:

deny and deflect

lie and cheat

its the glasgow celt*ic way

(tu)

Aye the more i think about it there was some stat about him havin more shots to goals than the martian and the tims still doing all they could tae deny it.

Great played who was wasted for us at times when he was shunted out onto the wing under big eck, Still mind his winner at Ibrox in ET of the cup against the earls and his goal in Copenhagen vividly.

We never booed Shorta

deny and deflect

lie and cheat

its the glasgow celt*ic way

(tu)

They have no shame (tu)