First Old Firm

CM72

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1957 - The infamous SLC Final when we got beat by 7-1 with that dumpling J Valentine (bought from QP) was at CH.

I was 7 years old. (and in tears!)

That must have been awful!

It was - left at half time in the middle of hordes of flying bottles of beer. In those days alcohol was allowed at matches and fans were drunk and angry and the bottles - real glass and full of beer - were thrown in anger. Bloody stupid as many had no chance of reaching the pitch and just hit other fellow supporters further down the terracing! Sad day!

Same at the 69 Cup Final. Was down at the front when the bottles came raining down..had to get out on the track!

I think i was 14/15. My old man wouldn't let me go to an Old Firm game until i was old enough to know what it meant. (tu)

Anyway, we lost 2-1 at Ibrox and i think it was either Hartson or Sutton who scored the winner. Alex McCleish's second season in charge. Heartbreaking.

My dad took me to scumdome for my 1st game, think I was 7 or 8. Maybe sum 1 can help me. We got beat 2-0 or 2-1 and I'm sure Scott nisbet or ian fergie booted the ball really hard and flat into the jungle to deliberatly hit sum tims. I'm positive Paul mcstay scored 1 of their goals. Any1 able to recognise which game I'm talking bout. That was my 1st OF game anyway

Fuckin hell it's all babies on here.

I was 8 and it was the 1977 scottish cup final and my second was the 1980 cup final that ended with us chasing them all over hampden...both times we lost 1-0.......my Dad must have thought i was a jinx.

april 1998 Rangers 2 Celtic nil Jonas Thern and Jorg Albertz. I was twelve,in the enclosure and could be seen clearly on the bbc sportscene highlights at the end on my uncle shoulders when the celebrations started :lol:

Wearing a Kappa tracksuit :anguish:

I was 16 in 1985 ....Rangers 3 celtic 0 goals Durrant, Cooper,Mcminn.

I was in govan front and remember standing on chairs for most of game and lost my voice for rest of weekend!!!!!

Those were the days when you could sing what you wanted and was my first old firm game on my own without my old man so will never forget!!!

ps the 4-4 game that season(think it was same season) was a cracker anyone remember it.....?