Golf

kplfishtank

Looking for a ruling 

Say am off the green but plan on putting it but a sprinkler is in my line (not effecting my stance) do you get a drop ? 

I always thought you didn’t as you shouldn’t be putting off the green I thought you just got a drop if it was in your stance or your ball was in the sprinkler.

7 hours ago, RFC RYAN said:

Looking for a ruling 

Say am off the green but plan on putting it but a sprinkler is in my line (not effecting my stance) do you get a drop ? 

I always thought you didn’t as you shouldn’t be putting off the green I thought you just got a drop if it was in your stance or your ball was in the sprinkler.

No you get relief as it’s a man made obstacle that is blocking the roll or flight of the natural course of the ball. 

Bit like Spieth getting relief at the open from the tour vans and then another drop away from flags that were flying, was to do with the natural flight of the ball. Nothing to do with stance on this occasion.

57 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

No you get relief as it’s a man made obstacle that is blocking the roll or flight of the natural course of the ball. 

Bit like Spieth getting relief at the open from the tour vans and then another drop away from flags that were flying, was to do with the natural flight of the ball. Nothing to do with stance on this occasion.

I have never heard of getting relief mate but seen someone on the PGA tour last night get it. 

10 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Asked the pro today he said it’s a local rule at courses some have it some don’t mines does have it. 

1 hour ago, RFC RYAN said:

Asked the pro today he said it’s a local rule at courses some have it some don’t mines does have it. 

That’s interesting mate. I have seen it used a lot on tour but at Lanark have used it myself for sprinkler heads, drain covers etc 

4 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Just finished a lads golf break in Belemadena, played Santana which was pretty good but didn’t rate the three La Cala courses. Anyone played them.

A enjoy them mate Ano Santana is known as one of the best in the area. I played la Cala about 5-6 years back. 

2 hours ago, RFC RYAN said:

A enjoy them mate Ano Santana is known as one of the best in the area. I played la Cala about 5-6 years back. 

The La Cala courses were circus golf, I’m no big hitter but I went drive 6 iron on one par 5 and rescue 9 on another, one of the boys in our four ball almost drove one par five. Couple of decent holes but won’t be rushing back.

3 hours ago, They Gnu said:

Just finished a lads golf break in Belemadena, played Santana which was pretty good but didn’t rate the three La Cala courses. Anyone played them.

I played La cala North and I hated it, Santana is a decent track 

1 hour ago, They Gnu said:

The La Cala courses were circus golf, I’m no big hitter but I went drive 6 iron on one par 5 and rescue 9 on another, one of the boys in our four ball almost drove one par five. Couple of decent holes but won’t be rushing back.

Changed since I played they were proper holes. 

1 hour ago, ShanksRFC said:

Played Santana last year and enjoyed it. Torrequebrada in that region is probably the best course Ive played, stunning.

The lads I normally go to Spain with were playing Torrequebrada today, I've played it twice and thoroughly enjoyed it👍

9 hours ago, ShanksRFC said:

Played Santana last year and enjoyed it. Torrequebrada in that region is probably the best course Ive played, stunning.

Played it about 20 yrs ago, lovely course. Sotogrande is the best I’ve played in the area but it’s a fair drive down from Costa Del Sol.

Text a guy to arrange a tie never heard of him before but he’s said he’s played with me before and someone else a don’t know surely am not the only one that’s terrible at remembering names actually shocking. Can’t honestly remember playing golf with the guy.