As for Boyd !

The tennyboppers who swoon at Krissy's SPL goal tally will get us hung.

Kris Boyd is probnably the deadliest goalscorer many of us will ever see in the SPL, but it makes no difference, he is NOT the man for Rangers.

It is not about how many goals Boyd scores for Rangers, but about how many goals and chances the team creates.

With Boyd we create very little but get a high percentage return from Boyd.

With Prso we get a much greater number of chances but a poorer percentage return.

I have no doubt in my mind that if we are thinking about what will be better for the team in the longer term it will not be Boyd.

its hard to say alba, without him we'd be about 5th this year and would have finished around 9th last year!

he doesnt create much though, your right there but remember the last striker like him....hes our assistant manager :rolleyes:

Thundering into tackles, pushing and shoving, moaning, lacking fitness and finding himself out of position is what Boyd has shown in the big games. You can score against Motherwell, Dunfermline, Killie all you want, its games like tonight and Old Firm matches that count.

Thundering into tackles, pushing and shoving, moaning, lacking fitness and finding himself out of position is what Boyd has shown in the big games. You can score against Motherwell, Dunfermline, Killie all you want, its games like tonight and Old Firm matches that count.

Out of position, put any striker up front alone,give him piss poor crosses ,no support from the midfield and what do you expect its W.S. TACTICS or lack of them thats to blame.

The tennyboppers who swoon at Krissy's SPL goal tally will get us hung.

Kris Boyd is probnably the deadliest goalscorer many of us will ever see in the SPL, but it makes no difference, he is NOT the man for Rangers.

The same could probably have been said about Super Ally, who never produced in Europe.

And Livorno and Hapoel...

Absolutely Muff. (tu)

Even Roddy Grant would score some goals against teams if chances came to him.

Kris Boyd basically is that level of player, albeit with a slightly better instinct.

Wait, how can you criticise Boyd if you're saying he scores goals when he gets chances? Surely that's his job?

Even Roddy Grant would score some goals against teams if chances came to him.

Kris Boyd basically is that level of player, albeit with a slightly better instinct.

Wait, how can you criticise Boyd if you're saying he scores goals when he gets chances? Surely that's his job?

Its a bit like being critical of a bus driver who gets all his passengers to their destination on time without ever being late, despite showing up pissed, driving like a maniac and not bothering to wash, shave or bother moving from his seat when he goes to the toilet. Yes he does the fundimental of his job very well, but doesn't mean to say he's a good bus driver.

The craziest metaphor I'll ever read. Boyd IS a drunk bus driver :lol:

Boyd has the inability to hold the ball up and play other player in around him, his pass is shocking as is his tackling.

He acts like a spoiled brat, as does Ferguson.

So basically doesn't do enough other than score against the so called diddy teams, PLG might have been right on this one!

Of course PLG was right.

What you don't do though is hang the guy out to dry up front alone.

If a player has limited abilities but is still doing the business when the ball hits off him from 6 yards out, give him support.

Don't ask a job of him that he is unable to do. It makes him look useless and effectively reduces Rangers to a 10 man team.

Same thing used to happen when Lovenkrands played wide left.

He couldn't cross the ball, so play would always go down the right leaving Lovenkrands with nothing to do, and us playing a man short.

The same could probably have been said about Super Ally, who never produced in Europe.

Differs from my recollection and the stats.!

OK how many goals did Ally score in the Champions League?

Dont think McCoist ever scored in the CL? He did score a lot of goals in Europe and 27 against celtic.

Exactly he scored against mediocre teams but not against the top sides

What a load of pish.

You forgetting they Leeds games mate?

Kris Boyd will never ever be as good as Super Ally, fact. He can't hold the ball up or run at a player, and looks totally fucked after about 40 minutes.

Decent scoring record against diddy sides that my mum could score against, apart from that it's quite embarrasing really.

Record scorer for Rangers in Europe, I remember him getting booked against CSKA when he broke the record.

Record scorer for Rangers in Europe, I remember him getting booked against CSKA when he broke the record.

I think that was Grasshopper Zurich.

Yet again the Ally/Boyd comparisons start. I think it's stupid to even try and compare them simply because Ally, like the rest of the NIAR, set a benchmark that will probably never be reached again by any Rangers team.

I think we should start judging Boyd based on Boyd's ability, or lack of as some people seem to think. I mean whats the point in saying Ally could hold up the ball but Boyd can't, it's not going to make Boyd a better player by saying that and it's not exactly going to increase Ally's stature among the fans is it?