Walter's Interview

gman

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'Anybody who thinks that there won't be a problem come the end of the season is deluding themselves and i'm saying that as a supporter as well as being the manager of the club'

:disappointment:

Just heard it ,disnae sound to good and a think Walter knows much more but hey, were in another final No Surrender.

'Anybody who thinks that there won't be a problem come the end of the season is deluding themselves and i'm saying that as a supporter as well as being the manager of the club'

I dont exactly expect Walter to come out and say that the leagues over, not at this point in the season, feet firmly on the ground regardless of our lead.

edit; if thats even what hes getting at :pierre:

It make sit all the more scary when Walter comes out with these kind of comments.

Big statement from Wattie there, glad he said it though maybe spark some action on the takeover front, or at least bring it back to the fore, all the time we are winning the money/legal stuff goes on the back boiler and the bankers get an easy ride.

he was talking about our finances/takeover stuff (when interviewed by dick young on bbc)

murray is hiding something horrific

Walter didnt sound happy at all, he said its going to get much worse, he sounded almost deflated :(

what the hell has our ex chairman done to us?

:mad:

I would be surprised that Tennents just signed a multi-million pound deal if they had any idea of the "worst happening" to Rangers come the summer. Still, it is a worry.

I reckon we need to qualify for the Champions league and sell 10 million worth of players to keep Lloyds at bay.

It sounded pretty bleak actually. I wonder if it was a bit of a challenge to any prospective buyers to come out the woodwork, because (i'm guessing here) if we don't get any REAL interest, there is a possibility that our assets both on the pitch and off will be punted by lloyds tsb.

I didn't hear it so not sure what context he was meaning it in, but if it's about the finances I'd say he's growing increasingly annoyed with the bank. I reckon he's absolutely fuming under the surface,just waiting to erupt.

By strange irony....Walters first reign was seen by many as such a huge success due to him 'buying' the leagues. (I don't go along with that fully....he just spent the right amount of money on the right players at that time) but this time around, he'll be remembered for what he did with (by comparison) a couple of brass farthings! (tu)

Dark days if we don't find a buyer by the summer by the sounds of it.

We were supposidly told to find £3M by the end of last Jan or we were in trouble, so I will not be too pessimistic

I didn't hear it so not sure what context he was meaning it in, but if it's about the finances I'd say he's growing increasingly annoyed with the bank. I reckon he's absolutely fuming under the surface,just waiting to erupt.

By strange irony....Walters first reign was seen by many as such a huge success due to him 'buying' the leagues. (I don't go along with that fully....he just spent the right amount of money on the right players at that time) but this time around, he'll be remembered for what he did with (by comparison) a couple of brass farthings! (tu)

he probably feels like a dick coz he told the world he could sign players again and got no one, maybe the bank fucked him about just like it sounds they are messing us about over Boyd

somethings obv not right there

It sounded pretty bleak actually. I wonder if it was a bit of a challenge to any prospective buyers to come out the woodwork, because (i'm guessing here) if we don't get any REAL interest, there is a possibility that our assets both on the pitch and off will be punted by lloyds tsb.

why would they? we were told the bank was happy with the repayment plan currently in place <cr>

are we being told lloyds want 30million ASAP?

I thought our debt was down to 20 million?
Nope, it was 31 million, so should technically be down to 29.5 with the sale of Mendes. We also have lightend weekly running costs by 40k with pedro and rothen off the wage bill.

Walter Smith master of mind games

I reckon so, keep it to the fore Wattie, the sleekit penpushers in the background are sniping away, this imo has little to do with Rangers but plenty to do with Murray.

Watties showing he is mighty pissed off to rally the fans again.

We have gained Champions League money and all the TV money (£5m?) for it this year, reduced the wage bill by about £6m, took in about £3.5m in transfer fees and look like getting straight into the group stages again. Surely our debt must be reducing significantly, why are Lloyds being such cunts?

We have gained Champions League money and all the TV money (£5m?) for it this year, reduced the wage bill by about £6m, took in about £3.5m in transfer fees and look like getting straight into the group stages again. Surely our debt must be reducing significantly, why are Lloyds being such cunts?
Despite that intake, we still have huge running costs, so that cant be put into clear debt right away.