NEGATIVE ATTITUDE

last night. When I saw the team sheet I knew we were going to find it difficult. WE were the home side and as such we had to put them under pressure from the kick off. To play with one striker put out the wrong message to Osasuna and their manager must have thought it was his birthday.We should have had Dado and Nacho on from the start and got stuck into them. We had no impetus and handed the game to the Spaniards.How can you put teams under pressure when you have no one in forward positions apart from a guy who can't hold the ball up.It was obvious after 10 minutes they were confident with our negative tactics and their cofidence grew as the match went on. They controlled the game and our play became ragged. If you let decent players play they will keep possession and put you under pressure and so it proved. We had no quality (apart from Hemdani) and couldn't even put a decent pass together. How we got away with a draw I'll never know. Thank god for Stefan. One consolation, surely we can't play that bad again ? Please Walter lets have a more positive attitude on Sunday. If we are going to lose do it with a fighting attitude because we are Rangers FC and we are proud and we don't want to be embarrased again. (willy)

if we had gone out attacking they would have pummeled us.

Too many players were off form and if they were pushed further up the pitch we would have been even more exposed.

First leg of tie is not the time to go out all guns blazing, this is why its better to be home in the 2nd leg.

It will be defensive again for the 2nd leg, try and pinch a goal while keeping them out and if its still 0-0 go for it in the last 15 minutes

last night. When I saw the team sheet I knew we were going to find it difficult. WE were the home side and as such we had to put them under pressure from the kick off. To play with one striker put out the wrong message to Osasuna and their manager must have thought it was his birthday.We should have had Dado and Nacho on from the start and got stuck into them. We had no impetus and handed the game to the Spaniards.How can you put teams under pressure when you have no one in forward positions apart from a guy who can't hold the ball up.It was obvious after 10 minutes they were confident with our negative tactics and their cofidence grew as the match went on. They controlled the game and our play became ragged. If you let decent players play they will keep possession and put you under pressure and so it proved. We had no quality (apart from Hemdani) and couldn't even put a decent pass together. How we got away with a draw I'll never know. Thank god for Stefan. One consolation, surely we can't play that bad again ? Please Walter lets have a more positive attitude on Sunday. If we are going to lose do it with a fighting attitude because we are Rangers FC and we are proud and we don't want to be embarrased again. (willy)

absolutely agree couldn't believe it when I saw dado n Nacho on the bench