Protest guys on Real radio this evening

At approximately 6:20 this evening Steven Clifford from the protest organisers will be having a chat with Ewan cameron on his Real radio phone in. Radio coverage from this outlet was started on the same show last night when Ewan declared that he would be contacting Rangers to try and have all of our questions answered. We don't know if he was successful but anticipate at least some level of contact between the radio station and the club, and potentially some of the answers we are all looking for. It would be great if people can listen in, both to hear directly what we are hoping to achieve and more importantly what Rangers themselves have to say.

This protest has been sparked by the support, primarily on-line, so it is fitting that we all hear whatever is to be said.

Some may be convinced by words from the club, other sceptical and the only way we can move this project forward is by hearing the opinions of our fellow supporters. Please remember that Steven is not a public speaker he is an average fan who holds serious concerns, just like the rest of us.

Gordon McPherson

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as Roughie is a total clown you have to hand it to Real Radio, they never shy away from any issue and whatever their personal feelings on any matter always allow their listeners a voice. Well done RR.

I hope tonights airing will galvanize some of the more apathetic support in our ranks as to why it is the right thing to ask for clarity.

As much as Roughie is a total clown you have to hand it to Real Radio, they never shy away from any issue and whatever their personal feelings on any matter always allow their listeners a voice. Well done RR.

I hope tonights airing will galvanize some of the more apathetic support in our ranks as to why it is the right thing to ask for clarity.

Try asking the right people then, the club and SDM.

Surely you are pulling my plonker here ?

Surely you are pulling my plonker here ?

Look mate we owe the bank £31m, they are due the money back end off.

The bank have not sold our players, put us into administration.

Yes we all want more onfo but this has to come from the chairman and co.

Some may be convinced by words from the club, other sceptical and the only way we can move this project forward is by hearing the opinions of our fellow supporters. Please remember that Steven is not a public speaker he is an average fan who holds serious concerns, just like the rest of us.

I severely doubt the club will say anything to EC, or Real Radio. I just can't see it. Martin Bain had that meeting the other night.....IMO, that's as far as any official statements will go from the club! (tu)

I severely doubt the club will say anything to EC, or Real Radio. I just can't see it. Martin Bain had that meeting the other night.....IMO, that's as far as any official statements will go from the club! (tu)

I agree but i would be surprised if they have not given some token snippets to try and dull the edge of the protest. If they have it could backfire should people see it for what it is. If they come out and give some real answers then magic, that is what we want and it will show the pressure is working, if they dont, that will harden the resolve of people to force the issue I think

oops. I thought you meant why are they asking Cameron and Rough :lol:

Yes I know we owe the bank money and I understand they want it back, isn't that what the proposed repayment plan was set-up for ?

So their continuous involvement in key decision making that effects how we operate on the park has to be brought up. We are the only club in the land being manipulated by the banks and have every right to ask why....

oops. I thought you meant why are they asking Cameron and Rough :lol:

Yes I know we owe the bank money and I understand they want it back, isn't that what the proposed repayment plan was set-up for ?

So their continuous involvement in key decision making that effects how we operate on the park has to be brought up. We are the only club in the land being manipulated by the banks and have every right to ask why....

What other club in the land relies solely on the bank for it's lending facilities ?

None, to my knowledge. You can feel free to correct me at any time.

I probably wont and don't think it's relevant anyway. We either have a re-payment plan in place or we don't.

None, to my knowledge. You can feel free to correct me at any time.

I probably wont and don't think it's relevant anyway. We either have a re-payment plan in place or we don't.

Of course it is relevant, the bank are our only current source of funding so of course we will be treadted differently than clubs with an external source of funding (especially as they believe our current borrowing to be too high).

We do have a repayment plan, you were told at the AGM (if you were there)

Of course it is relevant, the bank are our only current source of funding so of course we will be treadted differently than clubs with an external source of funding (especially as they believe our current borrowing to be too high).

So the money generated from the Mendes sale was bank generated ?

I didn't make the AGM, but I know what was said.

I'd like to know if the bank are making financial decisions at Ibrox that will effect the team on the park and that certainly seems to be the case.

You seem to be the only one happy with this situation.

So the money generated from the Mendes sale was bank generated ?

I didn't make the AGM, but I know what was said.

I'd like to know if the bank are making financial decisions at Ibrox that will effect the team on the park and that certainly seems to be the case.

You seem to be the only one happy with this situation.

The standard of reply i would expect from you and your ilk, point me to one post where i have said i am happy, i could point you to 1000 where i have said i am not.

You asked for answers , i offered my opinion and gave you an answer but because it's not what you want to hear then i must be against you. Your call for unity on the other thread must just be when it suits you...again hardly a surprise i have heard it all before.......

As for the rest of the post it's not what i menat by external funding but i am sure you know that. As for the bank making financial decisions that will affect the team, of course they are. They used to be happy to let us run up debt, now they aren't. That is going to affect the team.

Grow up Token.

I'm asking questions of our club and the bank and I'm seeking clarity. Yet you seem more than happy and in my opinion interested in having e-wars online, its no wonder most Rangers fans online think you are a bit of a cheese hawk. Happy to critisize people hiding behind a keyboard instead of doing so to their faces. I don't really give a shit though and I'm happy to blether away to you online.

The whole protest is about seeking transparency. Our manager is coming out saying one thing while those at the top are saying something else... our best striker as well as other Rangers players have apparently been offered new deals yet no pen has been put to paper.

We want questions answered and we are entitled to it. Excuse me for not really giving a flying fuck about what you think.

Grow up Token.

I'm asking questions of our club and the bank and I'm seeking clarity. Yet you seem more than happy and in my opinion interested in having e-wars online, its no wonder most Rangers fans online think you are a bit of a cheese hawk. Happy to critisize people hiding behind a keyboard instead of doing so to their faces. I don't really give a shit though and I'm happy to blether away to you online.

The whole protest is about seeking transparency. Our manager is coming out saying one thing while those at the top are saying something else... our best striker as well as other Rangers players have apparently been offered new deals yet no pen has been put to paper.

We want questions answered and we are entitled to it. Excuse me for not really giving a flying fuck about what you think.

What the fuck is an e war..... :lol:

Again i won't get dragged into the pettyness with you and the childish name calling but the cloak of unity quickly drops when people like you are asked simple questions (or offered an answer to them in this case)

you want transparency but the question about contracts was answereed yesterday by Martin Bain yet, i presume, you have chosen not to believe the answer so what do you want ?

What the fuck is an e war..... :lol:

Again i won't get dragged into the pettyness with you and the childish name calling but the cloak of unity quickly drops when people like you are asked simple questions (or offered an answer to them in this case)

you want transparency but the question about contracts was answereed yesterday by Martin Bain yet, i presume, you have chosen not to believe the answer so what do you want ?

Work it out FFS.

Won't get dragged into pettiness ? Its all you have ever been about. Hence me bringing up your previous for it. How have I dropped my call for unity here ? I want anyone worried about the situation to offer support.

Yes I have chosen to disbelieve it. Novo would sign on for another season without hesitation IMO.

So since all this protest chat began its been decided the protest is merely ''seeking clarity and guidance from the people who are running the club''

Thats all well and good and im allfor it but its funny how the reasoning has mutated after people have asked questions.

No longer bears chasing horses?