Xavi: Bougherra is good enough for Barca

I don't think asking for £10million from Barcelona is too ambitious considering their spending power as well as the calibre of player Bougherra is.

Named in the team of the African Nations cup, Arab player of the year, Algerian player of the year and Rangers FC player of the year. He is good enough for Barca, as Xavi says and i feel he is better than the likes of Dmytro Chygrynskiy, for example. He, incidentally, cost €25 million (around £21.8 million) Is Bougherra worth £10 million pounds less than Chygrynskiy? Well i certainly dont think he is 10mil better than bougherra anyway!

I totally agree with this! They pay this sort of money for players that arent as good or that much better!!

Why set your sights on 10? They buy players in the 40 mill price range.. If Barca want him, they can pay a helluva lot more than that and we should accept no less than 15! If they want him, they WILL pay that!

No, they wont.

Why not? We will never get it unless we fight for it!!!

No, we will never get it. 15 million looks as if you're telling clubs to leave well alone, which they will.

I suppose the counter argument is Ronaldo. Ferguson told Real to fuck right off, stuck a ridiculous amount on him, and, they still bought him.

Use the argument, finances or not, he has a couple years on his contract, they want him, so, he costs! Simple.

Also, does he not often play fullback for Algeria? He certainly did for Sheff Weds. If they are looking at him as an attacking fullback... again, they tend to be costlier than a CB.

Rangers should be looking at this as a significant opportunity to wipe out a severe chunk of the debt. If they work this correctly, with Bheasts looking unlikely to Make the champions league, then, we make £20 million from that, and, I dont think its out of the realms to expect a club like Barca to pay £15mil for a player they want. Add that up, £35 million. Debt free ;) THAT is how this should be viewed if we are going to lose him.

I suppose the counter argument is Ronaldo. Ferguson told Real to fuck right off, stuck a ridiculous amount on him, and, they still bought him.

Use the argument, finances or not, he has a couple years on his contract, they want him, so, he costs! Simple.

Also, does he not often play fullback for Algeria? He certainly did for Sheff Weds. If they are looking at him as an attacking fullback... again, they tend to be costlier than a CB.

Rangers should be looking at this as a significant opportunity to wipe out a severe chunk of the debt. If they work this correctly, with Bheasts looking unlikely to Make the champions league, then, we make £20 million from that, and, I dont think its out of the realms to expect a club like Barca to pay £15mil for a player they want. Add that up, £35 million. Debt free ;) THAT is how this should be viewed if we are going to lose him.

Realistically though...

C.Ron is only player in the world like him. If Real wanted a star they needed him or Messi. Bougherra is not unique.

And he plays mostly at CB. I really don't know where this RB for Algeria came from. He's done it once or twice, but he is a CB and thats where he plays.

Still works in the debate. Some teams wont be priced out ;)

He played LB/RB and LM for Weds. I know that much! I was surprised we signed him as a CB, as, seemed out of position to me. Very effective full back he was

Can you imagine the Barca back line with Boogie and Puyol in the centre of the defence or with Boogie charging up from the RB position and having Messi and co looking for a pass or a cross. I honestly beleive we havn't seen the best of Boogie yet in a gers strip

Was it definaetly Bougherra who these comments were about?

Some papers are running a similar story saying Xavi said this about Belhadj of Portsmouth.

I've read one about Bougherra, one about Belhadj and one about Bougherra and Belhadj.