Bargain Buys In The Summer

supermac

We already have a non-scoring Northern Irishman, who we should be looking to get rid of. Not bringing another one in.

David Healy get's mentioned on here every so often - I wonder if people have actually seen him play recently, or just suggest him because he is Nothern Irish, and a Rangers supporter :unsure:<cr>

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We already have a non-scoring Northern Irishman, who we should be looking to get rid of. Not bringing another one in.

David Healy get's mentioned on here every so often - I wonder if people have actually seen him play recently, or just suggest him because he is Nothern Irish, and a Rangers supporter :unsure:<cr>

has he even played recently ?

has he even played recently ?

Played the other night against Peterborough, and featured against QPR, and Middlesborough, since signing for Ipswich on loan.

Not scored in 24 games, and has only scored 15 goals in 2 and a half seasons, international games included :anguish:

If Bougherra goes then Goncalves from Hearts would be a good signing. Other than that I wouldn't have any other player from the SPL, they're all either not good enough or overpriced.

Replacing Bougherra with Goncalves is like replacing an Audi for a Nissan micra.

Gonclaves is a bombscare waiting to happen.

It depresses me that we would rather waste our money on mediocre/shit SPL players.

If we actually sent out a few scouts across Europe we could surely pick up a few talented players playing in low leagues and demanding very low wages. There are bound to be players out there?

Andy Shinnie, John Fleck, Danny Wilson, Gregg Wylde, Andy Little, Jamie Ness etc would be better options that signing some pish player who we would be lumbered with for the coming years.

Pablo Brandan, Unirea Urziceni's left wing back who is out of contract in the summer. A player who impressed me in the Champions League this season. Too good for that pub team!

Would anyone take Murray Davidson?

I think he's a better player than both Dorman and McArthur.

I personally think if Dorman was any good he wouldnt be with St Mirren at his age.

I think he went through a stage last season of getting some publicity for his performances after a one-off "Wondergoal" but doubt he has much to offer.

Having said that, I dont know much about Murray Davidson :D

I quite like Dorman, but I think his chance of a move to us has gone.

His timing of his runs is fantatsic and in a better side than St Mirren I think he would be a comfortable 10 goals a season midfielder.

As far as out of contract midfielders in the SPL go everybody (generally not Rangers specific) is talking about Michael Stewart, Mark Kerr, Andy Dorman and Gary MacDonald's upcoming availablity.

However I think Giles Coke of Motherwell is the best of the whole lot of them and nobody mentions him at all.

I feel we need to trawl the Scandinavian and African markets to uncover some affordable quality. We should only be looking to bring in those players who are actually better than what we currently have and England certainly isn't the place to shop for this standard of player due to our financial limitations.

I'm hopeful that once again the management come up with another gem relatively cheaply in the same way we did with ( Boumsong, Cuellar, Bougherra ). The emphasis surely is though on bringing in wide / creative players with pace and Africa seem to produce them in abundance.

Paolo Guerrero, Kevin Phillips, Aaron Hunt, David Cortes.

Some players who are out of contract at the end of the season (I think) and could do a good job.

Aaron Hunt thats a great shout he'd be hard to get but we must aim high we surely could get another great bosman as proven it can be done

Zander Diamond is a feni@n scumbag, who is an awful defender, and footballer, and Kevin Kyle is absolutely brutal.

Kevin Kyle's another big tim! i worry who were gonna get i don't want the majority of the players la liga bosmans are the way to go were gonna have to accept it and use to our advantage that we are a stepping stone to the premiership and if the odd foreigner falls in love with the club and stays then brilliant! A combination of some youth promotions and some decent bargins is what is required we can't afford to get it wrong this window we already have people not reaching there potential.