PS3 60GB just bought one

djgazbcm

its my boys 8th birthday and he wanted a PS3 ,as he has many PS2 games i got

a 2nd hand PS3 60GB split new condition or should i have went for the new model and ditched the ps2 games? ...

have i made the right choice?

well that depends entirely on how much he plays his PS2 games I guess :P

You probably paid a premium for it mind, and early PS3s has YLOD issues etc, but I guess it's worth it if he uses it a lot :)

a 2nd hand PS3 60GB split new condition or should i have went for the new model and ditched the ps2 games? ...

Is the warranty sticker/seal still on the side? Im asking because they're prone to YLOD and can be taken apart and fixed.

A ps3 which has been repaired after YLOD usually breaks down again within a few months.

I got mine on release date and it packed it in last month, so it lasted ok...... but ive guys on my friends list who are on their 5th, 6th and even 7th 60G ps3.

As said, it all depends how much you paid

I have an original 60gb one and it is still going strong, i am not sure if these models were less prone to faults or not though.

sorry forgot to mention i paid £160 for it inc.1 wireless controller, cables, hdmi cable and its in mint condition..

Is the warranty sticker/seal still on the side? Im asking because they're prone to YLOD and can be taken apart and fixed.

A ps3 which has been repaired after YLOD usually breaks down again within a few months.

I got mine on release date and it packed it in last month, so it lasted ok...... but ive guys on my friends list who are on their 5th, 6th and even 7th 60G ps3.

yes mate warranty sticker still intact.

Good job, least you know its not a repaired one then. Should be fine if its kept ventilated, dont have it enclosed. (tu)

Good job, least you know its not a repaired one then. Should be fine if its kept ventilated, dont have it enclosed. (tu)

as simple as that sounds, even back in the PS2 days you used to find people complaining about their PS2 chucking it all the time, only to find that the thing was kept in the smallest space possible (usually custom built units to "look cool"), and it was like a fucking oven at the back with the heat

fucking muppets, :lol:

i wasnt too sure if buying my ps3 was the right choice either. turns out its one of my best buys. very addictive, amazing FREE online gaming, which is almost always seemless. great and easy to use interface and a large selection of games/bluray movies. very good buy

mad story behind it ,been looking the tinternet for the 60gb version for a couple of weeks ,there was about 10

on ebay most where wanting well over £200 for them ,and the best buy was one at £195 but it had the YLOD and been repaired ,so the wee mans birthday well its twins a boy and girl,anyway their birthday is sunday and yesterday

i had to move on it re delivery etc..panic had set in lol so i phoned my other half to say right im gonna go for this ps3 on ebay ,to which she replied "ive got one" ....ehh ,she went into cash converters the first shop

when she got off bus ,they had no 60gb on display so she asked ,,then the guy says got one in this morning and its perfect ...fuckin women they amaze you once in a while lol

anyway wired it up last night and it is spot on not a mark on it....

method in my madness its gettin set up in the living room ..happy days lol

...bingo ...

mad story behind it ,been looking the tinternet for the 60gb version for a couple of weeks ,there was about 10

on ebay most where wanting well over £200 for them ,and the best buy was one at £195 but it had the YLOD and been repaired ,so the wee mans birthday well its twins a boy and girl,anyway their birthday is sunday and yesterday

i had to move on it re delivery etc..panic had set in lol so i phoned my other half to say right im gonna go for this ps3 on ebay ,to which she replied "ive got one" ....ehh ,she went into cash converters the first shop

when she got off bus ,they had no 60gb on display so she asked ,,then the guy says got one in this morning and its perfect ...fuckin women they amaze you once in a while lol

...bingo ...

lol.... say goodbye to your life.

...bingo ...

lol.... say goodbye to your life.

i know mate lol

but it will be well looked after in the living room ,thats my excuse hehe...

was thinking bout buying a usb cooling fan for it but as its setup on our main tv it wont be getting hammered

well at least until i get on it ....u think the usb fans are any use ,do u know...?