Legion 1882

TheNuts

Still invited them over and if your a linfield fan then you will have seen this mob wearing Celtic tops in their grandstand 80s and 90s did you not

I was going to all the Belfast Derby's as a Linfield fan in the 80's and 90's and never once did I see a RAceltic top.

Any appearance of a RAceltic top in their support would have been a tongue in cheek attempt to wind up the blues fans, and even then that would have been stupid as their own supporters would have burnt it.

Glentorans fans are every bit as loyalist as Linfields I can assure you.

Everything was correct there, except the last bit.

They aren't every bit as loyilist as Linfield fans, they dispise the fact linfield connect themselves with rangers.

Yes most of their support is protestant but some of it isn't and attempting to sing loyilist songs at the oval would result in alot of your own support turning on you.

Have to strongly disagree with you chum. The comments I made originally are 100% accurate. I grew up in East Belfast yet supported Linfield so I know the dynamics of both clubs equally well. There may well be the odd Catholic Glentoran supporter although I have personally never met one, but to suggest Glentoran fans couldn't or wouldn't sing loyalist or Rangers songs is absolutely laughable. Have you ever been in the Westbourne club?

Most of the supporters I know who go to the oval each week are in bands and are are as staunchly loyalist as they come without compromise.

Regardless what anyone suggests may or may not have happened in previous years I can assure you if someone wore a RAceltic top at the Oval he would get lynched immediately. I'd say about 99% of Blues and Glens fans are Rangers also and are divided by local rivalries only much in the same way there are differences between the UDA and UVF for example.

Clad someone could write it in, thats what i'd love to tell him but i just said NO COMMENT, thinks lad that is 110% correct. nicely put lad. (tu)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Linfield and Glentoran are both loyalist teams.

I've followed Linfield all my life and been to shit loads of matches v Glentoran and I've NEVER seen a Glen man wearing a Celtic top. Im pretty sure if anyone did he'd get a battering!

What has always pissed me off about these matches is dickheads from both sides throwing bottles at each other, I just don't get it!:angry:

Whoever said there a Glens fans from The Short Strand is talkin through their ass, i'm pretty sure all the filth in there follow Cliftonville or Donegal Celtic.

Most Glens fans are from loyalist east Belfast but they have fans all over.

Linfield fans come mainly from South Belfast, Shankill Road, Lisburn and all over.

:wink:

Whoever said there a Glens fans from The Short Strand is talkin through their ass, i'm pretty sure all the filth in there follow Cliftonville or Donegal Celtic.

That was me, and if you'd read what I said you'd see that I mention it used to happen, but not anymore.

That was me, and if you'd read what I said you'd see that I mention it used to happen, but not anymore.

Apologies... I guess you could say that about most parts of Belfast... the scum are taking over the place.

boogie.png

Apologies... I guess you could say that about most parts of Belfast... the scum are taking over the place.

Aye. On one of your previous points, it sickens me the violence between the Glens and Linfield sometimes. Rivalry is great but all to often it spills over and we're left with pitch invasions, riots and bottles etc being thrown. But I suppose us prods are very good at infighting when really we should be uniting as a community.

boogie.png

Aye. On one of your previous points, it sickens me the violence between the Glens and Linfield sometimes. Rivalry is great but all to often it spills over and we're left with pitch invasions, riots and bottles etc being thrown. But I suppose us prods are very good at infighting when really we should be uniting as a community.

United We Stand Divided We Fall. (tu)