Legion 1882

TheNuts

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was about 20 belfast lads all around us in broomloan rear today ,great hearing that accent and the patter was

awesome ,one of them had lost his mobile,dropped his burger whilst fallin up the stairs,had a fixed odds coupon on that wasnt lookin too good at 20 past 3 and when st mirren scored he shouted to all his mates

"thats it im goin back to the hotel to have a shave in the bath with an electric razor"

amongst all the laughter his mate replies "naw your fuckin no ive got the room key"

fuckin quality bunch of guys ...

:lol: :lol: Brilliant.

Fucking hate glentoran know them too well I am a linfield fan their club invited Celtic over for a friendly recently their fans usedto wear Celtic tops I kid you not .me a tim aye dead on

Good idea that though Eh invite them over and kick fcuk out them. Memo to self remember that one BD ! (tu):sherlock:

Still invited them over and if your a linfield fan then you will have seen this mob wearing Celtic tops in their grandstand 80s and 90s did you not

I was going to all the Belfast Derby's as a Linfield fan in the 80's and 90's and never once did I see a RAceltic top.

Any appearance of a RAceltic top in their support would have been a tongue in cheek attempt to wind up the blues fans, and even then that would have been stupid as their own supporters would have burnt it.

Glentorans fans are every bit as loyalist as Linfields I can assure you.

Everything was correct there, except the last bit.

They aren't every bit as loyilist as Linfield fans, they dispise the fact linfield connect themselves with rangers.

Yes most of their support is protestant but some of it isn't and attempting to sing loyilist songs at the oval would result in alot of your own support turning on you.

Fucking hate glentoran know them too well I am a linfield fan their club invited Celtic over for a friendly recently their fans usedto wear Celtic tops I kid you not .me a tim aye dead on

I have a mate from Belfast who is a glentoran fan and the biggest prod you'll ever meet

I have a mate from Belfast who is a glentoran fan and the biggest prod you'll ever meet

Everyone from belfast thinks they are the "biggest prod you'll meet" :lol:

Figure of speech mate you know what I meant :wink:

:lol:

Still invited them over and if your a linfield fan then you will have seen this mob wearing Celtic tops in their grandstand 80s and 90s did you not

I was going to all the Belfast Derby's as a Linfield fan in the 80's and 90's and never once did I see a RAceltic top.

Any appearance of a RAceltic top in their support would have been a tongue in cheek attempt to wind up the blues fans, and even then that would have been stupid as their own supporters would have burnt it.

Everything was correct there, except the last bit.

They aren't every bit as loyilist as Linfield fans, they dispise the fact linfield connect themselves with rangers.

Yes most of their support is protestant but some of it isn't and attempting to sing loyilist songs at the oval would result in alot of your own support turning on you.

Yeah they don't sing loyalist songs. Know why?

Because to Glens fans Glentoran is just a football club. They sing football songs, and wave flags with Glentoran colours on them. Glentoran's fanbase comes from "loyalist" East Belfast, and to a lesser extent from the surrounding North Down area, where i'm sure the demographics of that area are 90% protestant. So IMO they are still a mostly loyalist club. I believe that they used to get a few catholic fans from Short Strand and the Lower Ormeau/Markets area as the Glens are their local team, but it was never in any great numbers, and from what I know all that stopped in the 60s when the troubles really kicked off.

So yeah I'd say the Glens lose to Linfield in the "more loyalist than thou" game, but its not because the fans aren't loyalist.

And as a final point....You point out that some of Glentoran's support isn't protestant, well you could definately say the same about Rangers, and its true that attempting to sing loyalist songs could result in some of your own fans (Boab and Bluepeter9) turning on you ;)

Bunch of cunts over watching rangers when their shite team is playing linfield WTF. Wankers

<cr>

this guys from belfast and i dont know if its meant to be a joke, or if he supports another team....or a tim :shifty:

<cr> <cr> <cr>

Looks like he is just being a dick!

Can't believe some of the shit that people are writing here about the glens. Fans wearing celtic tops....What alot of ballix!

someone said Glentoran fans dispise the fact that linfield connect themselves to Rangers. Damn right i dispise it. As much as linfield want to be and act like, they will never be the famous Glasgow Rangers! Fact! deal with it linfield scum!

was about 20 belfast lads all around us in broomloan rear today ,great hearing that accent and the patter was

awesome ,one of them had lost his mobile,dropped his burger whilst fallin up the stairs,had a fixed odds coupon on that wasnt lookin too good at 20 past 3 and when st mirren scored he shouted to all his mates

"thats it im goin back to the hotel to have a shave in the bath with an electric razor"

amongst all the laughter his mate replies "naw your fuckin no ive got the room key"

fuckin quality bunch of guys ...

:lol: :lol: Brilliant.

probably staying in the swallow hotel. stay there occasionally myself, and those irish boys r bevvied the whole time u see them. the patter from these irish boys is brilliant. hope they enjoyed themselves.

Can't believe some of the shit that people are writing here about the glens. Fans wearing celtic tops....What alot of ballix!

someone said Glentoran fans dispise the fact that linfield connect themselves to Rangers. Damn right i dispise it. As much as linfield want to be and act like, they will never be the famous Glasgow Rangers! Fact! deal with it linfield scum!

Linfield are still connected to rangers though :lol:

If you were to put a poll on this site saying Linfield or Glentoran, I would be very surprised if the glens won it. At the end of the day I don't really bother with Irish league football so tis pretty pointless me arguing so im going to change subject...

Nice flag in your pic mate :wink:

I like Linfield, but dont care that much tbh, I quite like Glentoran too, I understand that there is a deep rivalry between the two though, theres videos of riots etc on youtube.

EDIT- cant figure out how to post vid but heres the link

I got kicked unconcious by glentoran fans in the late 80s at botantic station Belfast I was wearing a rangers polo. Some pisstake I have seen glentoran revisionists on this thread stating glenmen never wore sellick tops. Liars even it was a pisstake the wearing of ONE sellick top is not to be tolerated in society

Exactually if any of Glens fans wore a celtic top they be killed by the fans ffs what complete crap, ive been to many of Linfield and glen matches not once did i see that and im a Linfield fan MIDFIELDGENERAL i think your smoking to much of the green stuff. (tu)

Do you not know that Glentoran are a Loyalist club too.

Exactually if any of Glens fans wore a celtic top they be killed by the fans ffs what complete crap, ive been to many of Linfield and glen matches not once did i see that and im a Linfield fan MIDFIELDGENERAL i think your smoking to much of the green stuff. (tu)

Don't fucking preach to me about glentoran guys from tullycarnett ( that loyalist hotbed) wore sellick tops in the late 80s against linfield and not one fucker in the oval told them to remove the offending shirt if you didn't see it in the late 80s then YOU wernt there fact

Bunch of cunts over watching rangers when their shite team is playing linfield WTF. Wankers

<cr>

this guys from belfast and i dont know if its meant to be a joke, or if he supports another team....or a tim :shifty:

<cr> <cr> <cr>

Looks like he is just being a dick!