Andy Webster want's to come back after loan deal

WilliamFyfe

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not too keen on Webster as a player and not confident at all that he's good enough for us. Having some great games for DUTD doesn't mean he'd be good for us. Reynolds has some great games for Motherwell, but I wouldn't want him as a first choice CB.

Quite funny the folk going on about Websters fitness - Bougherra has only played about half our games this season.

Webster has done the right thing after injury - proved hiself while on loan and has earned a chance in our first team. The webster that played at Hearts was a good player, he has done extremely well this season and one are where we lack depth in the squad is CB. Imagine if Weir had an injury while Bougherra was out so often. Wilson and Big Lee!

Quite funny the folk going on about Websters fitness - Bougherra has only played about half our games this season.

Bouherra has had his injuries this season. Played two less games than Wesbter, but how many of those games were missed due to international duty, and coming back late - had he not been away with the Algerian national team for World Cup qualifiers, and the African Cup of Nations, he would have played a lot more games.

Madjid Bougherra played over 40 games for us last season, that's 7+ more than Webster has played in 4 years.

Webster has done the right thing after injury - proved hiself while on loan and has earned a chance in our first team. The webster that played at Hearts was a good player, he has done extremely well this season and one are where we lack depth in the squad is CB. Imagine if Weir had an injury while Bougherra was out so often. Wilson and Big Lee!

Bougherra's fitness is becoming a worry to me.

He seems to miss a number of important games for us, between international duty and injury.

I do find the number of games he played over 4 years pretty irrelevant.

Can apply that to Thomson and Edu over the last year, yet, their input isnt questioned

Its a lazy argument just to be negative about the guy

Can apply that to Thomson and Edu over the last year, yet, their input isnt questioned

It's relevant when he could potentially be our number one center back. Having to rely on an injury-prone player at the back, who also struggles with a back injury, and cannot train as often as the rest of the squad. He's got two dodgy knee's, a bad back, and his calf is giving him problems.

I'd say that's a worry. How about his lack of pace, his piss poor distribution, his timing in the challenge, getting caught out of position... you just have to watch Dundee United, and see how much the fullbacks help out as Kenneth, and Webster go walk about, and when they commit themselves, struggle to get back into position. The amount of work Morgaro Gomis get's through is incredible.

It's relevant when he could potentially be our number one center back. Having to rely on an injury-prone player at the back, who also struggles with a back injury, and cannot train as often as the rest of the squad. He's got two dodgy knee's, a bad back, and his calf is giving him problems.

I'd say that's a worry. How about his lack of pace, his piss poor distribution, his timing in the challenge, getting caught out of position... you just have to watch Dundee United, and see how much the fullbacks help out as Kenneth, and Webster go walk about, and when they commit themselves, struggle to get back into position. The amount of work Morgaro Gomis get's through is incredible.

While it would make my Gran happy up above, i would rather not ;)

I know his injury problems are a concern, and, would not like him as number one, but, I probably would prefer him to Weir next year, and, again, its down to him staying relatively injury free and consistent. Am just not writing him off just yet, until I see him play for us, if that is to happen

From what Walter has been saying about him, then he has been happy with Webster's progress and performances, and seeing that this is the same manager who was severely slated at times for bringing in Weir, who paid out for some player called Cuellar (and let's be honest Cuellar wasn't exactly a big name till he came to us), and look at Bougherra's history and the knowledge people had on him until he came to us!

Webster deserves a chance at least, and I won't judge him until he has been given that chance as many of our players have been slated at one time or another by ourselves and have managed to prove us wrong time and time again.

I'm not too keen on Webster as a player and not confident at all that he's good enough for us. Having some great games for DUTD doesn't mean he'd be good for us. Reynolds has some great games for Motherwell, but I wouldn't want him as a first choice CB.

I'd rather have Reynolds than Webster tbh.

Slightly off topic, but I think Smith will be back in for Reynolds this Summer regardless.

Slightly off topic, but I think Smith will be back in for Reynolds this Summer regardless.

I don't to point 1, and I hope not to point 2!!!!

Please god no. Mark Reynolds, no matter what Craig Brown has been saying, is brutal. Has he ever had a good game against us or the bheggars?

From what I've seen of that Reynolds, he's minging!

From what I've seen of that Reynolds, he's minging!

I don't rate him either, but then again I don't exactly think that much of Webster.

I just think we will go after him because Smith is fan of him, and we might actually have some money for the first time in an age.

Please god no. Mark Reynolds, no matter what Craig Brown has been saying, is brutal. Has he ever had a good game against us or the bheggars?

Not sure of his contract situation, but we'd probably need to pay good money for Reynolds & it's not something I'd like to see us doing. Your probably talking about £1m or thereabouts and I can't see how it would be money well spent. If both Bougherra and Weir were to leave in the summer we'll definitely need to bring in at least one CB, but it should be a quality one, not one from Motherwell.

Not sure of his contract situation, but we'd probably need to pay good money for Reynolds & it's not something I'd like to see us doing. Your probably talking about £1m or thereabouts and I can't see how it would be money well spent. If both Bougherra and Weir were to leave in the summer we'll definitely need to bring in at least one CB, but it should be a quality one, not one from Motherwell.

He's certainly not the Motherwell player I'd be after.

Had a good chit-chat in the Daily Record office today when I was in getting information for my dissertation though, and sadly the 'Well goalie Ruddy is 'pretty much' on his way to Celtic.

He's certainly not the Motherwell player I'd be after.

Had a good chit-chat in the Daily Record office today when I was in getting information for my dissertation though, and sadly the 'Well goalie Ruddy is 'pretty much' on his way to Celtic.

Gutted to hear that.

I really wanted us to sign him.

Gutted to hear that.

I really wanted us to sign him.

Any better than Neil or Allan?

I think he's better than Alexander and he has the potential to be better than McGregor.

300k for a keeper who is young and one of the best in Scotland this year isn't a lot of money.

We could even have loaned him to Motherwell for another year.

Missed opportunity IMO.

Is fat baws on his way then?

Back-up player, yes. First team regualr, no... IMO :)

Wouldn't like to go into a new season having Andy Webster as our first choice centre half.

Am 50/50 on that. In all seriousness. He has played well this season, and, the Webster that was at Hertz was a good player. If we get that version back, then, I would have no real complaints, if not, then, aye, backup is fine

This.