Nenad Milijas

hutchy14

Milijas has certainly got quality but lacks a bit of mongrel in him by what I've seen of him, but could be a good buy depending on who gets sold and who stays for next season.I agree that our scouting system is total shite and needs improving.I sent a letter to Ibrox in 1997 about a young Australian kid who looked very promising but I don't know if the letter was even looked at or not. The player in question was a kid by the name of Tim Cahill.

Previous to that, I sent a letter about another young Australian who played for Marconi in Sydney.His name was Mark Schwarzer but he ended up in Germany.We have a few kids here with enormous talent but I'll be mighty surprised if any of them ever end up at Ibrox.

You're dead right there. I know Australia is a long way from Glasgow but surely ex players like Charlie Miller, Ian Ferguson, Craig Moore, Tony Vidmar would send in reports on players if asked. For instance Tommy Oar genuine left sided midfielder with tons of pace and good skill, sounds like something that could be useful at Ibrox next year. :sherlock:

Milijas has certainly got quality but lacks a bit of mongrel in him by what I've seen of him, but could be a good buy depending on who gets sold and who stays for next season.I agree that our scouting system is total shite and needs improving.I sent a letter to Ibrox in 1997 about a young Australian kid who looked very promising but I don't know if the letter was even looked at or not. The player in question was a kid by the name of Tim Cahill.

Previous to that, I sent a letter about another young Australian who played for Marconi in Sydney.His name was Mark Schwarzer but he ended up in Germany.We have a few kids here with enormous talent but I'll be mighty surprised if any of them ever end up at Ibrox.

You're dead right there. I know Australia is a long way from Glasgow but surely ex players like Charlie Miller, Ian Ferguson, Craig Moore, Tony Vidmar would send in reports on players if asked. For instance Tommy Oar genuine left sided midfielder with tons of pace and good skill, sounds like something that could be useful at Ibrox next year. :sherlock:

Smith would sooner stick with McCulloch or Davis out wide.

We had Adrian Leijer on trial a few years ago. There was talk of him being the next big thing and a future stalwart of the national team.

He obviously didn't impress because we didnt sign him. He went to Fulham, played no games, went on loan a couple of times and is now back in the A-League

Ewen Chester said back in his interview on RTV that Rangers do not scout players in the SPL - I don't believe that tho.

I wouldn't say Steven Whittaker at £2m has been a good signing. He's a poor defender.

I don't think the scouting set up at Rangers is any good at all, and we have been very lucky to find some of the players. A lot of the signings have been tried, and tested players, who the management know pretty well.

Ewen Chester said back in his interview on RTV that Rangers do not scout players in the SPL - I don't believe that tho.

I wouldn't say Steven Whittaker at £2m has been a good signing. He's a poor defender.

I don't think the scouting set up at Rangers is any good at all, and we have been very lucky to find some of the players. A lot of the signings have been tried, and tested players, who the management know pretty well.

I'd like to lnow exactly what set-up we had regards scouting? We should have perhaps 10 scouts on retainers in key markets (e.g. Slovakia, Poland, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Australia). It doesn't cost a fortune for a good scout - even if we paid £30-40k per year as a retainer then a deal with say 10% of future transfer profit. It wouldn't harm us to get a Belgian feeder club as well for non EU players. I think they need to play 3 years there to qualify for an EU passport. Buy 80 Brazilian 12yrd old footballers then feed them moules frites for 4yrs. Must be a couple of players there at the end of it.

I'd like to lnow exactly what set-up we had regards scouting? We should have perhaps 10 scouts on retainers in key markets (e.g. Slovakia, Poland, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Australia). It doesn't cost a fortune for a good scout - even if we paid £30-40k per year as a retainer then a deal with say 10% of future transfer profit. It wouldn't harm us to get a Belgian feeder club as well for non EU players. I think they need to play 3 years there to qualify for an EU passport. Buy 80 Brazilian 12yrd old footballers then feed them moules frites for 4yrs. Must be a couple of players there at the end of it.

Thats what Udinese do.

They flood their youth team with south americans in the hope that one or two will make it.

Mladenovic, Sionko were well established internationals in their late 20s, Svensson was captain of Gothenburg at 21. These were 'established' but unknown players, who for some reason or other looked hopeless in Scotland.

fyi, tommy oar has signed a 5 year deal with utrecht in holland...

We should be looking at our scouting system. As i think we should be looking abroad for players because some of the prices that will be paid for players in Britain is OTT.

fyi, tommy oar has signed a 5 year deal with utrecht in holland...

Thanks for that did not know. That will bring him on as a player. Good for him.