David Haye vs John Ruiz

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering that was a title fight that was a poor stoppage. It was only going one way though so you can understand the referees decision.

I can't understand it at all, Adama catches one massive punch and he's won the fight. Unlikely but you can't be stopping because someone is losing the fight.

Considering that was a title fight that was a poor stoppage. It was only going one way though so you can understand the referees decision.

I can't understand it at all, Adama catches one massive punch and he's won the fight. Unlikely but you can't be stopping because someone is losing the fight.

I really doubt that mate, the punches he was throwing were wild, he was only going to get punished. I don't think it should have been stopped but I am saying I can understand why it was.

I really doubt that mate, the punches he was throwing were wild, he was only going to get punished. I don't think it should have been stopped but I am saying I can understand why it was.

As I said it was unlikely but I've seen plenty of fighters win in the last round despite being behind on all cards, throwing wild or not. Probably the reason I watch MMA much more than boxing these days.

As I said it was unlikely but I've seen plenty of fighters win in the last round despite being behind on all cards, throwing wild or not. Probably the reason I watch MMA much more than boxing these days.

I have tried to get into MMA, I watch the UFC events when they are on it is brutal though. I prefer boxing it is a lot better to watch.

I have tried to get into MMA, I watch the UFC events when they are on it is brutal though. I prefer boxing it is a lot better to watch.

A cut is hell of a lot safer than getting punched in the head for 12 rounds though. People say boxing is not as brutal yet it is much more dangerous.

A cut is hell of a lot safer than getting punched in the head for 12 rounds though. People say boxing is not as brutal yet it is much more dangerous.

That's true mate, I just think they the fact they don't stop till the guy is out cold is pretty brutal. I know that is a really weak argument considering the point of boxing is to knock out your opponent, I just think the MMA is a bit gruesome.

Plenty of fights are stopped before the opponent is knocked out. Due to the sport being relatively new some of the refs are fucking rotten for stopping fights(too early or too late),

if only Herb Dean was ref for all fights. :craphead:

Plenty of fights are stopped before the opponent is knocked out. Due to the sport being relatively new some of the refs are fucking rotten for stopping fights(too early or too late),

Never heard of the guy but I googled him. The broken arm match sounds nuts!!

It wasn't, 6"10 guy used his strength to pull out of an armbar and his arm fractured. Wasn't like his arm was dangling off or anything. :pipe:

It wasn't, 6"10 guy used his strength to pull out of an armbar and his arm fractured. Wasn't like his arm was dangling off or anything. :pipe:

:lol: I meant the fact the guy was trying to continue fighting when the ref had stopped it. Telling him his arm was fine.