Champs League entry

gordov

Not sure how many teams in France get straight into the group stages, but as it stands at the moment we could be straight into the group stages.

Barca are currently sitting second in their league due to goal difference (1 goal),

Inter are at the top of their league as are Bayern,

Lyon are currently second in their league on goal difference, 2nd, 3rd and 4th are all on the same points, but Bordeaux who are currently in 5th are only 1 point behind with two games in hand so Lyon could drop down to third as things stand.

Barca win CL ---> Rangers in group stages

Inter win CL ---> Rangers in group stages

Bayern win CL ---> Rangers probably in group stages; Bayern currently 6 points and +5 goals ahead of third place with 5 games to go

Lyon win CL ---> up in the air; Lyon currently 2nd with 7 games to go; 5 or 6 teams can still take the top 2 automatic places; for instance Bordeaux are 1 point behind with 2 games in hand; Lyon's form is patchy WDDLWW

It'll ease the situation somewhat if Bayern beat Lyon in the SF. :beer1:

So it emerges that if Bayern or Lyon win the Champions League and fail to finish in the top two of their domestic leagues, we will have to overcome two qualifying rounds next season.

Source: Raman on STV Sport

Highly unlikely i know but fuck me, i never knew we could encounter this sort of problem. I was under the impression that guaranteed entry to the groups was set in stone for next year.

And some are wanting Lyon to win the Champions League doh<cr>

Are you talking about Rangers fans here Muff? or are you referring to the mhank hordes from the East? because if it's the former, I hope you have pointed out the error of their ways to them.Mamma Mia.doh

To me the only team I would have concerns about are Lyon, should they overcome Bayern and reach the final that is, I can't see Bayern not winning the Bundesliga this season, as for Barca and Inter they're dead certs to be in the group stages automatically next season.

I actually think it will be a Barca/Bayern final and therefore we should be safe.