2010/11 Rangers shirts: Home, away and 3rd kits

scottjf82

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already posted those mock-ups in the other thread yesterday...

The template I used is based on what Umbro have released for Sweden and Ireland until 2012.

Ours may be different of course but I like the retro styling and hope it is along those lines as opposed to other templates they've used for other teams (such as Man City etc).

I hope we get shot of Umbro.

Easier said than done unfortunately when they're tied into the JJB deal apparently...

For example, the initial Umbro deal ran out last summer but there was a year's extension without any fanfare at all - e.g. announcement, financial details, PLUS release etc.

I'd expect the same low-key extension this summer.

no, cause most umbro strips have the same design and that looks nothing like

You'll find Ireland and Sweden use exactly the same template I did mate... ;)

Of course the Blackburn template is as likely as anything else...

I'm not entirely sure how the JJB and Umbro deal works for the two of them. I just wish we could scrap the JJB and Umbro deals. The exclusivity agreement we had with JJB has backfired.

They share the distribution rights between them - JJB for the UK, Umbro for the rest of the world. Don't think it is possible to extricate ourselves from the JJB deal so we may have similar problems RE: Umbro.

The JJB deal has been good financially but has had problems logistically which I believe have been addressed over the last 6 months where some improvement has been found.

That will never be a Rangers kit, who ever made that kit up will be sacked and shot, even his photoshop skills are shite. :lol:

It isn't official and I agree my Photoshop skills are somewhat limited but that design has been used before during the 50s/60s with the bold v-neck so it wouldn't be a surprise to see it return for next season.

baxter.jpg

PG%203341.jpg

That will never be a Rangers kit, who ever made that kit up will be sacked and shot, even his photoshop skills are shite. :lol:

It isn't official and I agree my Photoshop skills are somewhat limited but that design has been used before during the 50s/60s with the bold v-neck so it wouldn't be a surprise to see it return for next season.

baxter.jpg

PG%203341.jpg

Suppose but i still wouldn't like it.

Yep. We sure did have that style of strip in the 50's and 60's and it looked great and was well liked.

The big difference was it didn't have advertising splattered across the front way back then and things that looked great in that era doesn't hold the same attraction in todays modern world for most fans.

(it wouldn't complement the latest Nike trainers)

Whoever came up with that big Red T on the front needs psychiatric attention IMO.

I will be astounded if that's chosen as the new strip TBH.

Yep. We sure did have that style of strip in the 50's and 60's and it looked great and was well liked.

The big difference was it didn't have advertising splattered across the front way back then and things that looked great in that era doesn't hold the same attraction in todays modern world for most fans.

Whoever came up with that big Red T on the front needs psychiatric attention IMO.

As the article says, the big red T is unlikely due to existing SPL rules so it will be interesting to see what branding Tennent's opt for.

The second version is much more likely if that template is chosen. I certainly prefer the retro look to the Blackburn one.

Frankie needs psychiatric attention? :lol:

When I first saw the big red T I nearly boked then looked at the next one and went to myself would rather have the big red T.

I know sponsors need to be seen and all that but I'm sure it could be done more tastefully if they tried.

Frankie needs psychiatric attention? :lol:

When I first saw the big red T I nearly boked then looked at the next one and went to myself would rather have the big red T.

I know sponsors need to be seen and all that but I'm sure it could be done more tastefully if they tried.

I may well be a few tins short of a six-pack but anything should be better than the horrible Carling transfer.. <cr>

is this the picture you saw mate ?

I think that is a guess by someone myself - it will just say Tennents mate

There are two different pics on the link - one with the large 'T' and one with the Tennent's wording. The large 'T' would not be permitted under existing SPL rules so the first design was just for fun.

:)