Juventus to offer Buffon and Melo as bait for Van Persie

Juventus are considering using Gianluigi Buffon and Felipe Melo as bait in order to lure Robin van Persie away from Arsenal.

Reports in Italy suggest that the Turin giants are gearing up for a full scale attack on the transfer market this summer, with Van Persie, Fernando Torres, and Edin Dzeko topping their list of targets.

However, with Juventus unlikely to be in the Champions League next season, it’s unlikely that Torres would be tempted into a move, and Dzeko would fetch a figure close to £30million.

Therefore the Old Lady see the Gunners forward as the most realistic prospect, and with Arsene Wenger in desperate need for a goalkeeper and defensive midfielder, the Italians feel that their offer of Buffon and Melo could just tempt the Frenchman into parting with one of his prized assets.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Arsenal-transfer-news-Juventus-to-offer-Gianluigi-Buffon-and-Felipe-Melo-as-bait-for-Robin-Van-Persie-article401275.html

If this is true.... Deal,Deal,Deal!!!

I'd turn that down and buy Akinfeev/Neuer/Adler/Diego Lopez and then bring in someone like Flamini. I reckon Lee Cattermole could do a job for Arsenal in DM.

No point getting in a goalie and a DM, which they badly need, and then end up badly needing a world-class striker. Doesn't make sense to me.

I'd turn that down and buy Akinfeev/Neuer/Adler/Diego Lopez and then bring in someone like Flamini. I reckon Lee Cattermole could do a job for Arsenal in DM.

No point getting in a goalie and a DM, which they badly need, and then end up badly needing a world-class striker. Doesn't make sense to me.

Agree mate, i dont think Buffon would move from Jueve if im being honest. And i see no reason why Song cant keep that DM Place.

Juventus see Robin Van Persie as a more realistic target than Edin Dzeko? <cr>

I highly doubt Van Persie would be willing to leave Arsenal atm and Dzeko would love to play in Italy, albeit for AC Milan, but he's still a far more realistic target than RVP is.

Juventus are a state.

Agree mate, i dont think Buffon would move from Jueve if im being honest. And i see no reason why Song cant keep that DM Place.

Good shout with Song, didnae even think of him. He's been top class this season.

Also to those saying Buffon wouldn't leave, he wanted to leave before the Calciopoli scandal, saying he wanted a new challenge. The only reason he didn't was because Juve having to fight their way back up to Serie A WAS a new challenge.

Van Persie is overrated, if you get the chance to sign a Worldclass goalkeeper plus a defensive mid like Melo it's a no-brainer.

He's already tied up Chamakh to take the striking role.

Van persie isn't overrated. Hes class.

No thanks, this deal would be shite. Not worth it. Melo isn't that good.

Melo isn't a bad player. The only time I've seen him play was the Confederations Cup and at the start of the season where Juve were beating Roma and Lazio away. Obviously Juve have went right down since then and I haven't watched them for months.

It will just be the typical summer at Arsenal anyway. Clearly needing new players but Arsene not bringing any in.