Rio Ferdinand

AGM_72

Does he deserve to go to the World Cup?

He's struggled with both injuries and form this season, making only 12 appearances. How many of those 12 games have been at a level you would expect of someone in a the starting line up, let alone 23 man squad, of one of the 'favourites' for the tournament?

Do you think he merrits a place in the squad? Do you take him because of the level of ability he's shown in past seasons or leave him because he's not been good enough this season.

Does he deserve to go to the World Cup?

He's struggled with both injuries and form this season, making only 12 appearances. How many of those 12 games have been at a level you would expect of someone in a the starting line up, let alone 23 man squad, of one of the 'favourites' for the tournament?

Do you think he merrits a place in the squad? Do you take him because of the level of ability he's shown in past seasons or leave him because he's not been good enough this season.

he will go but if capello keeps to his word then it should be dawson starting in front of him - he's had a great season

If Capello was true to his word and picked the World Cup side solely on form this season, his team would be:

Hart

G.Johnson Dawson R.Johnson Cole

Lennon Milner Huddlestone A.Johnson

Rooney Zamora

We all know that'll never happen though.

Based on current form the England centre halves should be two from Dawson, R Johnson, Sol Campbell & Ledley King.

Never happen though

Bramble has barely put a foot wrong this year either, but it seems that blindly criticising the guy is the accepted fashion.

If Capello was true to his word and picked the World Cup side solely on form this season, his team would be:

Hart

Rooney Zamora

I would have Gary Neville in there instead of Johnson, too. If you're going by form. Though, realistically I'm not sure how effective he'd be on the World Cup stage.

I don't think that he deserves it due to lack of games this season and also that he hasn't been performing very well this season

He will be in the squad though (as long as he remains fit) as I'm sure Capello will want the 'tried and trusted'

if king was able to play every game then he would go, i done think playing him every second game would work but.

(tu) Consistency is needed at the back and the partnership and understanding between the defenders need to be strong and remain the same

I was struggling for a right back :anguish:

Yeah, England have a real lack of quality in that area. Johnson has been awful this season and besides him and Neville you're looking at Wes Brown, who's been injured most of the season, Micah Richards, who isn't as effective at RB, and maybe Jagielka? Again he's not a natural RB.

Yeah, England have a real lack of quality in that area. Johnson has been awful this season and besides him and Neville you're looking at Wes Brown, who's been injured most of the season, Micah Richards, who isn't as effective at RB, and maybe Jagielka? Again he's not a natural RB.

Johnson can beat a player, cross a good ball and is good at going forward but leaves the back exposed... I reckon he should be in the team :sherlock:

Johnson can beat a player, cross a good ball and is good at going forward but leaves the back exposed... I reckon he should be in the team :sherlock:

:lol:(tu)

Hart

Rooney Zamora

Its not tony mowbray..