Congratulations Tottenham

Harry Redknapp is a cracking manager take a bow son take a bow

fucking right such an under rated manager possibly next man u manager my out side bet! just shows you money cant buy success fuck you man city! :sherlock:

Tottenham have bought success too.

Only Man City have spent more money than them over the past three years.

At least 5 of the players in the 1st team regularly have been with them for 5 or more years and 4 of which came at 18 making them home grown so its no like they have broke the bank for many players the way chelsea or city have.

At least 5 of the players in the 1st team regularly have been with them for 5 or more years and 4 of which came at 18 making them home grown so its no like they have broke the bank for many players the way chelsea or city have.

Rules state it makes them homegorwn but it doesn't really. They bought guys like Lennon, Jenas, Huddlestone and Dawson when they were already esthablished players at their old clubs.

They've spent a shit load of money.

In the past couple of years they've spent 8 million on Gomes & Bassong, 10 million on Crouch & Kaboul (although that includes waived fees that Pompey owed them) 12 million on Palacios, 14 on Pavylechko, 15 on Defoe(waived fees included) & Bentley & 16.5 million on Modric.

Plus the money spent on guys like Keane, Hutton, Bale & Corluka too.

It's not the same as Man City but it's hardly the spending of a pauper and it's probably more than some club who play in the Champions League every year have spent over a similar time period.

Fair play should go to Daniel Levy for having a sensible well laid out medium term plan and executing it to perfection.

Good to see Spurs going through.

Deserved it more and didn't try buying their way completely up the league.

Where have all them city fans come from? :anguish:

I remember about 3/4 seasons back that place being near empty.

just checked we (man city) average attendance of 3/4 seasons ago was 39,997 in 2007 (finished 14th) & 42,856 in 2006 (finished 15th) so yes you are right Eastlands (47,500 capacity)  was empty ? about time for a eye check up 

just checked we (man city) average attendance of 3/4 seasons ago was 39,997 in 2007 (finished 14th) & 42,856 in 2006 (finished 15th) so yes you are right Eastlands (47,500 capacity)  was empty ? about time for a eye check up 

That's average attendance over a season. That's not the attendance for every game of the season.

I'm not going to get into an argument with you though, your obviously a city fan and would argue a black cat is fucking white. (tu)

Amount teams in the premier league have spent on players over the past 12 months:

* Man City £216m

* Spurs £102m

* Liverpool £81.3m

* Man Utd £76.3m

* Aston Villa £50.4m

* Arsenal £40.8m

* Chelsea £29m

I'll concede that Spurs total is ridciulously high aswell but they were always a decent team floating about the top half of the table every season.

Let's be honest Man City before Shinawatra took over were pish.

Harry Redknapp is a cracking manager take a bow son take a bow

fucking right such an under rated manager possibly next man u manager my out side bet! just shows you money cant buy success fuck you man city! :sherlock:

tottenham have also spent a fair whack of money in the last few years

That's average attendance over a season. That's not the attendance for every game of the season.

I'm not going to get into an argument with you though, your obviously a city fan and would argue a black cat is fucking white. (tu)

that's right mate a average crowd over the season so some higher and some lower, but you stated " I remember about 3/4 seasons back that place being near empty" witch it was not, by the way 39,997 is the lowest average crowd at Eastlands in the  9 season city have played there

Spurs have totally not bought their way up the league. Not in the conventional sense you're talking about anyway.

Over the last 5 or 6 years, we've put aside a massive chunk of our transfer budgets to bring in talented but unpolished kids, and we're now being genuinely rewarded. The aim is to always buy players who not only have the potential to improve us, but that will have a resale value too.

While we have spent an awful lot, as the stats above show, we're offset that figure massively through player sales. Players like Berbatov (£30.75m), Keane (£19m), Carrick (£18.6m), Bent (up-to-£16.5m) all bring in vital income. We've averages a net loss of £9.76m pre-season since the Premier League began. I really don't see how spending an average of less than £10m pre-season is buying 4th. We also very, very rarely make a loss on a player. In fact, almost every member of our current squad is worth a considerable amount more now than they were when we bought them in, with only a few notable exceptions.

Spurs are an incredibly well oiled machine. We don't overspend. We don't pay big wages. we live within our means.