Title party whets Boyds appetite to stay

Kris Boyd today confirmed that he will make up his mind over his future in the next fortnight.

It seems that one of the most important factors will be the continued uncertainty over the ownership of the club. In words eerily reminiscent of the manager Walter Smith, Boyd confirmed:10.jpg

View the full article

This business about whether Boyd will stay or will he go is getting very tiresome IMO, and it's about as irksome as this fucking Ellis deal or no deal that drags on and on and on.

First of all, everything hinged on whether Walter would stay or not, then it was all about the financial aspect of the new contract and what was in his best interests...Now it all relates as to whether there is an imminent takeover....

It's like fuckin watching Coronation Street at Ibrox these days in that if you miss an episode one day, then the story is just the same shite 5 weeks later.:angry:

Guest therabbitt

what a lot of crap, whats stopping him signing the offer thats been made?

I'd assume that he might be thinking that if there is no buyer then Walter and co. might leave and there may be continued downsizing of the squad and club, which could leave him on a decent contract but surrounded by youngsters and managed by who knows?

Just conjecture though.

He's 100% right about one thing though, he has no reason to rush himself into a decision, the ball is firmly in his court.

I'd assume that he might be thinking that if there is no buyer then Walter and co. might leave and there may be continued downsizing of the squad and club, which could leave him on a decent contract but surrounded by youngsters and managed by who knows?

Just conjecture though.

He's 100% right about one thing though, he has no reason to rush himself into a decision, the ball is firmly in his court.

Its all conjecture but I dont buy his stance, He was offered a good deal back in January at 18k a week to play for his 'heroes' which he still hasnt signed... If he had of signed it he wouldnt have been tied to staying the duration if things didnt turn out the way he wanted them to, He could have asked for a transfer if Smith had left in the summer.

He plays for Rangers, not Smith

Guest therabbitt

Just conjecture though.

Its all conjecture but I dont buy his stance, He was offered a good deal back in January at 18k a week to play for his 'heroes' which he still hasnt signed... If he had of signed it he wouldnt have been tied to staying the duration if things didnt turn out the way he wanted them to, He could have asked for a transfer if Smith had left in the summer.

Yes, Boyd's stance on his contract has been misleading for sure. I'd have just preferred that he'd said from the start that he wouldn't make any decision or comment until the end of the season and stuck by that.

Fleck and wilsons contracts are worth less than a grand a week, I'm sure I read that their deals were 5% of some of the top earners at ibrox which at the time was mendes 20k so they were supposedly being offered £500 a week!

doesnt mean they havent been offered a contract, im sure Walter came out and said they had offered Boyd a contract and he has yet to sign during january/february period when he picked up hsi injury. and if we havent offered him a contract then why is the club still talking about trying to hold on to him if they havent tried to offer him something. IMO he has been offered a contract, he doesnt want to sign it untill the club is took-over, and he knows walter will be here, and even a chance of him getting more money

Rangers won't offer Boyd an increase I don't think on the 18k a week deal. I personally think he's waiting as long as he can to see what happens because there's no offer as yet but his contract runs to July 1st? So he can wait, see if we get taken over and see if the contract is back on the table.

"Kris's agent spoke with [Rangers' chief executive] Martin Bain on Thursday to talk about the offer that was being made," Smith said. "So far I haven't heard anything back. We've made him the offer, we would certainly be hopeful that he would sign it. According to Martin, the talks were fairly amicable. It's a big decision he has to make and it's up to him but we hope he will stay with the club."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jan/08/walter-smith-kris-boyd-rangers

looks pretty clear to me, we made him a offer and hes yet to accept it.

Fleck and wilsons contracts are worth less than a grand a week, I'm sure I read that their deals were 5% of some of the top earners at ibrox which at the time was mendes 20k so they were supposedly being offered £500 a week!

nonsense, their current deals may be in the circa of 1k a week which is about right for players of their standing when they signed their current deal. They have both now been offered well in excess of that

Just conjecture though.

Maybe he wants to play for Rangers and not the bankers.

Just conjecture though.

Maybe he wants to play for Rangers and not the bankers.

He's been offered a contract to play for Rangers. He hasn't signed it.

AlCApone you think that John fleck and Danny Wilson have been offered over a grand a week when they have about 40 appearances between them and are 18 years old? Get real! Kirk broadfoot is on 2 grand a week, there's no chance fleck and Wilson have been offered anywhere near that.

What planet are you on, Boyd is gone as soon as his contract is up. Who in there right mind would stay and play for the wages offered up by Rangers when he can get 3 or 4x times a week what we are paying him. Did you see him at Easter Road when we won the league, no smiles, no dancing, no bouncy, he's off money talks and he doesn't always start for us so he might as well sit on the bench in England counting up his doe

Colin Boyd was the exact same last year celebration wise, when the team came back to ibrox last year Boyd just trudged around the pitch as well. It's just the way he is.

I agree Boydie never shows emotion unless he scores a goal its not a criticism as you said its just the way he is I remember when we beat Dundee United in the League cup final and he scored the 2 goals and the penalty to win the cup when the team went back to Ibrox Alan Mcgregor had to push him forward as he was reluctant to take his share of the limelight as for the contract Rangers might have offered him an improved contract but the bank who are running Rangers might have said it was a no go as the most important man at the club Walter "in who we trust" was offered fuck all and was managing the team without a contract if Boyd goes he goes NOBODY is bigger than Rangers, we can all speculate whats happening at Ibrox with contracts and new owners but at the end of the day we're all in the dark and all the rumours coming out about take overs and players leaving like the one's I've read today regarding Kevin Thomson and Kyle Lafferty are ridiculous, I just hope things at the club get sorted out soon. "End of fucking rant" :uk: